Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OOOPS another Christian Boycott

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 12:11

I don't drink starbucks because it tastes nasty to me But I just may have to start.

Christian Boycott of Starbucks Expands -- To Bring God's Blessings Back to the USA, and So God Won't Judge Our Nation (2 Peter 2:6)
Contact: Pastor Steven Andrew, USA Christian Ministries, 877-537-8734

SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 21, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ -- The boycott of Starbucks by Christians and churches has expanded to include Nike, Amazon and other businesses that promote homosexual sin. Starbucks announced in January that homosexual "marriage" was "core to who we are and what we value."

Christians believe homosexual sin is an "abomination" to God and "against nature" as Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1 say. Unrepentant sexual sins prevent one from going to Heaven (1Corinthians 6:9-11).

"Why would Starbucks, Nike and Amazon promote what God says He judges nations for? Christians don't want God to judge the USA (2Peter 2:6, 2Chronicles 19:2)," says pastor Steven Andrew, president of USA Christian Ministries.

"The most important question is do we love God? Jesus said that if we love Him, we will obey Him with God's marriage (John 14:21)," he adds.

"Christians are concerned that if God's foundations are destroyed what will become of our nation? If somebody was undermining the foundation of your house, you would do everything you could to stop that," explains pastor Steven. "God calls Christians to keep God's foundation in the USA from being destroyed," he added. (What God says about sexual and homosexual sin)

Every denomination-Protestant and Catholic-is asked to help spread the boycott. The aim is to boycott as much as a Christian or church knows about. Other companies that promote homosexual sin include Google and Microsoft. A company like Microsoft may be hard to boycott, but Christians can pray for God-fearing companies to replace the anti-God companies.

Bloody freakin annoying kneewalkers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Crossed buns

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OOOPS another Christian Boycott

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 12:41

LMAO .. have a "born again" Christian cousin that feems for Starbucks coffee ... would mainline it if he could.

Will have to tell him he is "cut off" !!

o

I don't quite get that... because in truth, homosexuality appears pretty much everywhere in nature...

Are they sure they're reading that right?

I'll say it again... and people can get just as mad as they want... organized religion is the "false prophet" intending to bring down our world. It's a sad state of affairs when something claiming to be based in love, forgiveness and compassion divides our species through unfounded hate.

o

They won't be taking away my White Chocolate Mocha anytime soon. This is getting silly.

o

I don't care for Starbuck's coffee at the shops, and wouldn't touch one of those iced sweet drinks--I tried a sip years ago when my daughters were teenagers and liked them, yuck!

I do like their iced black tea with a small shot of syrup and the new Blonde Roast whole beans in the bag make a great, mild brew at home.

A company would have to do something truly egregious for me not to use their services or products if I liked them. But this is America and people can still boycott if they want.

o

Mrskjun:

From my cold dead hands!

o

Makes me proud to live in the Pacific Northwest!

o

Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 13:38

Coffee black, no sugar/cream and definitely no whip cream please.

I prefer Phoenix Coffee, it is locally owned and they roast their beans down on St. Clair, daughter took me for there on my birthday last year. Was a really interesting tour.

o

Likewise. Just black with nothing added. I've never really met a cup of coffee I didn't like, but I do prefer lots of coffees over Starbucks.

Why doesn't someone boycott those flavored dairy creamers?

o

Porto Rico yum been there 100 years family owend roaster is in Brooklyn & has several stores in Greenwhich Village & Soho

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Starbucks is too bitter for me, but I must stop in and order something just to prove that there are many people out there who will patronize places being boycotted by the wackos.

o

Mom,

Crooked River, Mayfield Village.

:)

o

The only reason I don't drink Starbuck's or any other specialty store coffees is because I think it's insane to pay that much for a cup of coffee.

I own a 2 burner restaurant Bunn, and I brew my own fresh ground... using mostly free trade brands, or Folgers if I can't locate anything decent.

I like it strong and black... none of that extra crap that adds fat and calories, thank you.

I've always said... if you can't drink it black, then you really don't like it anyway... it's akin to drinking light beer, or smoking light cigarettes. If you're gonna go... go all out!

o

There's coffee, and then there's gourmet coffee.

To each his or her own.

I prefer gourmet coffee when at home, settled and relaxing.

Quick and cheap coffee will do on the road or at work.

According to my son, Tim Horton's coffee served in Kabul is much better than ones near his home in Detroit. Or maybe it's enjoying it in that environment that makes it taste better?

o

Some background info on what and who is behind this. Pretty telling:

Here is a link that might be useful: Source.

o

Frightening indeed...

We are to welcome God to all government, schools and courts. The first act of Congress was to read the Holy Bible and pray in Jesus' name. We are to bring back the Holy Bible and Christian prayer in schools as the settlers, George Washington and our Founding Fathers did for 355 years (1607 - 1962). We are to have pro-life laws and we are to keep God's marriage of one man and one woman in lifetime covenant."

He states, "The First Amendment means Christianity only, not other beliefs. This is the intent of our Christian Founding Fathers."

Anyone outside Andrew's "norm" need not apply.

o

Referring to the beginning of this thread, la brea: this article you've got linked, this guy you're quoting, is just another internet nut job. Anybody can say they're speaking on behalf of anybody. I think the fact that rational people quickly turned the conversation to the merits of a good cup of joe speaks for itself.

This wacko is definitely a waste of time. Puh leeze!

o

Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 17:20

"Crooked River"

I can buy that at my farmers market Brush and it is excellent ... you an east or westsider ?

o

Brush, my cousin said the "Timmies" in Kabul was better than home too!

We are traveling in the States and one thing we have a really hard time finding is a good cup of coffee. Most is just plain awful and try and get milk with it.....unless you are in a good restauraunt forget it.

The best coffee we have found is , believe it or not, at McDonalds,. It is consistently good and hot! Mind you we have to buy a small bottle of milk to get milk in it but it's worth it!

o

Yes yes we all know move along there's nothing to see here!

o

I agree with you, chase. McDonald's coffee IS good--and hot, LOL~~

o

"Porto Rico yum been there 100 years family owend roaster is in Brooklyn & has several stores in Greenwhich Village & Soho"

I love that place. We frequently order from them, and have been there in person a few times. It smells so good there. You are giving me cravings for my drug of choice -- coffee.

I'm a coffee snob, but I like Starbucks (we call it "five bucks"). Starbucks is great when there are no other decent coffee places around to buy coffee. A lot of places don't have good coffee, but you can almost always get good coffee at Starbucks. I'm talking simple coffee here, not lattes and other things, but those are good too.

Mostly, though, we buy coffee from Porto Rico, Trader Joe's, or even some of Starbucks specialty blends (their Anniversary blend was killer this past year, not so much in some of the previous years) and make our coffee at home.

Anyhow, boycotting Starbucks is sacrilege, pun intended. :-)

o

Um, excuse me, Elvis... but I recall saying...

"I don't quite get that... because in truth, homosexuality appears pretty much everywhere in nature.

I'll say it again... and people can get just as mad as they want... organized religion is the "false prophet" intending to bring down our world. It's a sad state of affairs when something claiming to be based in love, forgiveness and compassion divides our species through unfounded hate."

o

jodik, wht are you referring to? Are you talkin' to ME?

o

I wonder if Andrews' "ministries" are tax-exempt. If so, I am appalled that the IRS has not revoked its tax-exempt status.

o

Jodik wrote:

""I don't quite get that... because in truth, homosexuality appears pretty much everywhere in nature."

Yes, it certainly does. I keep poultry and waterfowl. I only keep (chicken) hens, because roosters are too noisy. In the absence of roosters, the hens mount each other in the same way. I also segregate the drake ducks from the hens, or the drakes will literally "overbreed" the hens, to the point that the poor hens sometimes die from it. Ducks are most definitely a "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" type of animal."

Anyone who denies this is either totally ignorant of nature or intentionally lying. It doesn't take much more than casual observation to observe this behavior in all sorts of domestic and wild animals.

o

The local Starbucks is filled with Baptists, Catholics and Methodists every Sunday afternoon. That ain't gonna change!

Chase, according to my son, the Timmies at Kandahar had the cutest barista. :)

Unfortunately, they have packed up and left the area, but the memories and their support will last forever.

Mom, I'm a south-westerner, in another county. But, I travel east for business. I'll try Phoenix next time I'm near Coventry.

o

Oh, the pic of that coffee place, I can almost smell it!

I like to grind fresh coffee beans, no more than a week old, then use my french press. It makes the most wonderful coffee that way. I like it very strong with milk to smooth out the rough edges and I used to use a quarter of those little packets of artificial sweetener but I've gotten spoiled at at home I use a teaspoon of sugar free vanilla flavoring syrup or hazelnut if I'm feeling frisky. I also use a huge, 16oz bone china mug I found on a vacation somewhere and bought several - drinking out of actual china makes any coffee or hot tea taste SO much better than plastic or even stoneware. I don't know why that is, but I can tell the difference easily.

I have only had a starbucks maybe twice because I won't pay that sort of price for coffee, I'm just way too cheap that way. I make it at home and use a good thermos mug if I'm taking off and need coffee, I won't stop for it.

I had a friend who went TWICE a DAY, seven days a week for a large fancy coffee and if she was having a bad day, she went an extra time. They had difficulty with finances but she wasn't going to give up her starbucks.

It wouldn't have been worth getting in the car to drive to get it, to me - way too much effort especially early in the morning, I'm lazy that way besides being way too cheap. I drink my first cuppa in my p.js. I can't see me getting up and getting dressed right away to drive for my first cup of the day - no way! Too lazy ;)

o

Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 21:07

Oh mylab I grind my beans every morning, and I was outraged when I saw what they were charging. When I see my cousin he insists on his Starbucks, and my daughters will occasionally buy me one but no way am I paying it LOL

My daddy grew up dirt poor, literally, and he had to work two jobs my entire childhood just to take care of us. He did not have much education and was as rough as they come. BUT he only drank his coffee out of a china cup. One of little bitty delicate ones.

So at odds with the man he was :)

o

That's so sweet, Mom!

o
Ritual

Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 21:23

Thanks Elvis. Morning coffee was a ritual for him, and he always saved that last little sip in the cup for me. Mama would have a fit if she knew. Guess that is what getting old does for us, gives us time to bring out good memories and hold them even if it is only for a little while.

o

I don't understand the complaint that Starbucks is more expensive. If you're buying a brewed cup, a tall, it's $1.50. McDonalds is $1.40 medium and Dunkin is $1.65 medium. Of course the fancy stuff is more, but that's not coffee.

Or are you talking about a bag of beans?

o
A bag of beans...

Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 21:52

Brush I will buy a bag of beans, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to pay $1.50+ for a cup of coffee.

I am not cheap, I am frugal LOL

o

We are soooo lucky. We live in a small town, but we do have a coffee brewary right across the street from our business. Smells like hell when they're roasting, but the freshly roasted beans are heavenly. Not too expensive, either. Most the beans are around $10/lb. Talk about fresh! I grind each night to set up the auto pot for the a.m...

o

I lived and worked at Hillier Nursery, England in 1982. I'm here to tell you, a decent cup of coffee could not be found in all of Great Britain.

o

They're not the only ones boycotting Starbucks. you KNOW I got in on this one. I even got a tshirt with this logo on it.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: NOW who ya gonna buy yer coffee from?

o
Bad Coffee

Sam, you are right. We stayed with the in-laws a couple of years ago (they live in London). They couldn't even brew a decent cuppa at home there, LOL!

Maybe it's something in the water.

o

Brush I will buy a bag of beans, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to pay $1.50+ for a cup of coffee.

I am not cheap, I am frugal LOL

Nothing wrong with that, Mom.

At first I thought you objected to sitting around sipping coffee while 98% of the others had their eyes glued to the laptop monitor or their iPhone.

o

1.50??? I've yet to go in there and come out paying less than 4.00! I've got the same problem as you. My wife LOVES the place, so we go there any time we go out shopping. But If it weren't for her, I wouldn't step foot in the place, other than last Valentines day.

o

Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 7:36

Good morning all ..

I think from the tone of this thread, boycotting Starbucks will be a "fail".

Boycotting the Girl Scouts will be a "fail".

Maybe the American people are tired of the silliness ?

Work is calling .. time to drive across town, like my other job better, I get to work from home LOL

Have a good one all.

o
Ohiomom

Ohiomom-- lets put it this way-- Valentines day, I went to a Starbucks in North Conway, New Hampshire. Because of the reason for our being there, I felt compelled to buy more than just a couple of cups of coffee, so we also bought a pound of coffee beans. When up to the register, I let it be known that we were there in response to the boycott for that day. Everyone behind the counter, to a person, all turned at the same time and asked "WHAT boycott?" None of them had hear about it, and business hadn't dropped off a bit.

o

Context, Elvis... I think you missed the context in which I repeated what I said.

You said: "I think the fact that rational people quickly turned the conversation to the merits of a good cup of joe speaks for itself."

And then I repeated my earlier statement, because that's not what happened... some of us got it right off the line...

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 17:25

Is somebody boycotting Christians?

o

Now there's an idea you may find support for, bboy.

o

I'll boycott anyone who I believe is discriminating against any group of human beings, openly treating them and speaking of them in the manner so indicated in Labrea's posted article.

If you believe in a deity, then you surely must believe that all human beings are his children, created in his image... and to segregate based on something that has been an open part of both nature and humanity for as long as both have existed, based upon some words written NOT by that deity, but by mankind, is simply and utterly wrong.

We're not talking about something that someone chooses, like a new car, an outfit to wear that day, what to have for dinner... we're talking about a rather large segment of our fellow human beings, born to be who they are.

None of us gets to make this choice we're speaking of as thought it even were a choice! I don't recall being asked whether or not I wanted to be heterosexual... I just am. It wasn't a choice I had. Why would that be different for anyone else?

What I am happy about is that more and more corporations and organizations are standing up and proclaiming that humans are humans... and we're all deserving of equal treatment.

What I want to know is why these bizarre religious extremists are getting so much airtime? And again... I think organized religion is an extremely dangerous entity, and it's insinuating itself deeper and deeper into our legislative process and other places where it has absolutely no business.

o

jodik: ...humans are humans...

Amen to that.

o
RE: Coffee Boycott

jodik: ...humans are humans...

Amen to that.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 22:12

Is this like saying two Hail Marys?

o

Heehee. I have no idea how that happened, must have been the Chinese food for dinner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here