Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
should anti gun people be required.

Posted by thegreatcob none (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 12:13

should anti gun people be required to put gun free zones signs in front of there houses or apartments.
I mean they work so well in front of schools , movie theaters and etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: should anti gun people be required.

Yawn.

o

Did you know?

According to a ThinkProgress analysis, 51 gun shows in January ban attendees from bringing loaded guns onto the premises. In addition, ThinkProgress was unable to identify a single gun show this month that explicitly allowed people, even those with concealed-carry permits, to bring a loaded weapon with them.

For every event, their stated rationale for not permitting loaded weapons in the gun show was simple: safety. Crossroads Gun Show, a touring event across the western United States, explained on their website:

Q: Can I carry a loaded gun in the gun show? I have a Concealed Carry Permit.

A: We respectfully request that you do not bring any loaded firearm into the gun show. Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

How about that?

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is link to the shows banning loaded weapons.

o

brushworks try answer the original question.

o

From the mouth of the pro-gun gun shows themselves--worth repeating in BOLD.

. . . a safe environment in the [gun]show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

Kate

o

Stupidest post ever?

Yes.

o

dublinbay try answering the question

o

Homes and apartments are not public gathering places.

o

Safety is our Number One Priority, and a safe environment in the show can only be maintained if there are no loaded guns in the show.

Arm the teachers!!!!!! All teachers should be packing!!!!

This is what passes for NRA logic.

o

I don't know if this is the most stupid post in the history of HT (there's some stiff competition from now-banned members and other current participants), but it's definately in the competition for that spot.

We could break it down into types of stupid posts: unintended consequences; most easily debunked; least thought given to OP; grammar and spelling failures; over use of exclamation points and question marks; too boring and trite to take seriously; and plain old nonsensical ramblings.

My nomination is for too boring and trite to take seriously.

o

If by being boring you mean an attempt at being provocative that doesnt come off I second that nomination.

o

I dunno know...close call, but I think maybe "least thought given to OP" could win. Of course, one might apply that to all posts by this OP.

o

requiring that might not be a good idea but they should be free to do so. We offer signs that say that, there have been few takers but some have. Probably a lure to some unsuspecting crook so the home owner can waste him??

This post was edited by fancifowl on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 15:38

o

the idea of requiring people to put up sign had simple point behind it. if antigun people would not put a sign up saying there is no security in house to stop a home invasion by an armed person.

Why put up sign at school,theater that basically does same thing, Saying that all those who are there are unarmed and easy targets. That is why so may shootings happen in gun free zones. Colorado, Virginia tech, Sandy Hooke,etc.

Car free zones have many barriers to keep out cars gun free zones rarely have enough security to prevent guns.

end of lesson.

o

There are others things than a gun that can be used to protect your home.

Rather than looking for signs of gun ownership, I suspect that potential break ins involve checking for a home security system. Who needs a gun if an alarm starts blaring if an intruder tries to open a window.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 20:24

No.

Should some posts require "thought free zone" in their title?

o

Here, they target houses where they know they have lots of guns. Wait until they know the people are gone, then break in. A few years back, there were a couple of guys who waited on Sunday morning until the owners left for church.

They sell a lot of gun safes around here.

o

To answer your silly, in genuine question: No.

Game over?

o

absurd question not deserving of an answer

o

Actually the question, as posed , has no reasonable answer......

o

pro gun people should be required to start paying for this crap--

According to the Los Angeles Times on Feb. 4, the Cal State Fullerton coach killed in a shooting was identified as Monica Quan. The 28-year-old was an assistant coach for the women's basketball team and was found dead from gunshot wounds with her boyfriend.

Quan's fianc� Keith Lawrence, 27, was slumped over the driver's seat and Quan was in the passenger seat. The parking structure their car was found was used by residents of the condo building they lived in. No motive was released, the reports say there was no robbery, and the deaths are reported as a double homicide.

-Ron-

o

It's a rhetorical question, no answer is expected.

I would suggest that cob is trying to be funny.

o

In addition, ThinkProgress was unable to identify a single gun show this month that explicitly allowed people, even those with concealed-carry permits, to bring a loaded weapon with them.

In all Cabelas stores, there is a desk at the front of the store to check all weapons. And yet, last december about 2 weeks before Christmas, when I went in to do a little Christmas shopping (and re-sign up with the NRA), I went up to the desk to check my weapon, and the guy there told me that so long as that weapon stayed in it's holster, there'd be no problem.

o

Seriously, Bill?

Then thats the last time myself and probably DH will be visiting Cabelas if that is the store policy here. Catalog purchases only from here on out if thats the case.

Who knows what kind of nut has managed to get himself a permit to carry. Not aimed to you, sincerely, but it isn't all that difficult a thing to get, not here anyway. A nut on a mission could easily scam his way into a legal loaded pistol
n his person.

DH isnt a big fan of people with a pistol on them at all times, for "just in case" reasons.

He isnt totally against the idea but feels that it should be for extraordinary reasons and requiring a great deal of proof pertaining to the reasons - and a real hassle of various kinds of paperwork having to be filled out each and every six months of needing to carry - carrying never an open ended thing..

Different strokes, and all of that I guess.

o

well, I am gonna go get my permit reinstated. Probaly have ta get my picture taken, which I hate, and finger printed again, but the way things are goin, seem the right thing to do.. After being put thru the wringer for an FFL and a license to sell beer, what more could the govt want?

By the way, I think the anti gun people should ante up for all the costs involved in buying guns today..

o

By the way, I think the anti gun people should ante up for all the costs involved in buying guns today..

They are paying.....with their lives and their children's lives. What more do they have to pay.

o

Im talkin dollars dude! I have the capacity to protect mine.

o

By the way, I think the anti gun people should ante up for all the costs involved in buying guns today.

And I think the pro-gun people should ante up for all the costs involved in shooting people today.

-Ron-

o

you mean the bad guys right. 40 million gun owners never commit a crime with their 298 million guns..

o

Should people who make no sense be allowed to post on HT?

o

lily316 if that was true you would have been banned months ago

o

Winner of best post on the stupidest post goes to...

Should some posts require "thought free zone" in their title?

Excellent, kwoods!

o

Question. Do Americans actually have signs outside of schools and movie theatres that say "Gun Free Zone"? As a Canadian I really can't wrap my head around why this would be required. Seems like common sense to me.

On the other hand, I guess common sense isn't so common among the gun crowd...

o

Our local hospital has a sign on the door saying that alcohol and firearms are prohibited. Thats the only one I've ever seen.

o

I have never seen a sign that says no firearms. However, I live in a state where it is not common to carry. To get a permit to carry, you basically have to be in law enforcement/security.

o

I live in a state where it is not common to carry. To get a permit to carry, you basically have to be in law enforcement/security.

You must live in a common sense state.

-Ron-

o

Lowes used to have a sign stating no carry, they removed after about 1 year.
Most people who have a CCW rarely carry. I will be getting mine this week or next. Reason for it is incase I have a handgun in the car going to a friends or range to shhot. That is legal but a permit would ease things if stopped for a tail light out. They usually ask if any weapons are present. It also adds a number for statistical purposes.

o

should anti gun people be required.
Yes.

A few miles from here is a road sign with a picture of a monkey, and a tank. It causes some head-scratching among tourists.

I guess it could mean 'only apes need guns'. Or it could mean what it is - the entrance to MonkeyWorld and a nearby tank exercise area.

Best wishes
Jon

o

I have never seen a No Firearm sign.

o

Our local university has signs at the doorways saying No Firearms--and no tobacco. And I seem to remember a sign at the local hospital, but I wont' swear to that. Whether other places have them or not, I couldn't say--since the subject is rarely ever on my mind and mostly irrelevant to my daily life.

FF, you are getting a permit to carry? I thought you told us on another thread that you had eyesight problems and wouldn't trust the accuracy of your own shooting? And you are going to carry and protect all the good people from all the bad people?

Kate

o

We have "ghostbuster" signs all over the place. I should post a picture. They say something to the effect of "no firearms allowed, firearms must be locked inside your vehicle".

I saw one of those signs at the thrift shop at lunchtime today. Good thing, too. Competition can be harsh in there.

o

He isnt totally against the idea but feels that it should be for extraordinary reasons and requiring a great deal of proof pertaining to the reasons

Mylab-- if there are extraordinary reasons, then you don't belong in that predicament. I've said many times, I'll go out of my way to avoid trouble. I'm not one of those who figure hell, I'm packin-- watch out. In fact exactly the opposite. I'll stay away from situations where there may be trouble. I'm not LOOKING to draw my weapon. It's there as a last resort- in case even trying to avoid conflict, it comes and finds me, it's going to do one of two things-- either difuse the situation, or end it. Anyone who goes LOOKING for trouble, figuring they have nothing to worry about-- THOSE are the people who shouldn't even be allowed to own a gun, much less carry it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here