Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NRA Enemies List

Posted by huachuma Z9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 12:55

Forgive me if someone has already posted this. I've searched HT and I don't see a new subject concerning this list and I'm not about to wade thru the multiple gun control threads (most maxed-out) to see if it was mentioned...

What's the point of this list?

Sandy Duncan? Tony Bennett? The National Association of Police Organizations? The National Spinal Cord Injury Association? The United Methodist Church? etc...

Really?

Seems like they're out to alienate just about everyone except their established base (kind of like the Republican party).

Will this improve their image?

Here is a link that might be useful: If your not with us...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NRA Enemies List

What is wrong with the list? All of the names are associated pretty publicly with the anti-gun supporters as well as with Liberal policies in general. Goodness knows such lists are put out by liberal organizations without any objections unless you are familiar with the books written by Alan Drury in the fifties and sixties, maybe even the seventies. He thought such lists should be illegal and the collection of any such data was wrong.

As a matter of fact they have not included some names of at least four authors I have read recently that have disappointed me enormously because they dropped political propaganda in the middle of their most recent books whether it fit into the plot at all. It was most discouraging to suddenly find words that were almost directly out of Media Matters and other publications in a book for which I had paid good money for the story, not a political diatribe that did not advance the story at all. It was so blatant I have been thinking of writing those authors to tell them just how disappointed I was that they would compromise their writing that way. I wonder how many other writers I haven't read have done the same thing.

The Liberals have no hesitation in instructing their supporters to boycott or protest the people and companies they put in their lists. Occupy and Anonymous have actively tried to cause harm to them. I don't see anything like that suggested in the NRA list.Do you?

o

Well it figures I like everyone on that list. This reminds me of paranoid Nixon's list. I support and admire every single person and company on that list, and think they should feel honored. I would say they are the heroes against the insanity of the NRA. But the NRA has one celebrity...the lunatic Ted Nugent.

o

I just hope this doesn't become a focal point for more gun violence. I could see those on the far fringe using "the list" as inspiration to "take out" some of the "enemies".

I hope I am wrong about that.

o

I don't see anything like that suggested in the NRA list. Do you?

The following organizations have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations. In many instances, these organizations lent their name in support of specific campaigns to pass anti-gun legislation such as the March 1995 HCI "Campaign to Protect Sane Gun Laws." Many of these organizations were listed as "Campaign Partners," for having pledged to fight any efforts to repeal the Brady Act and the Clinton "assault weapons" ban. All have officially endorsed anti-gun positions.

The following listing includes the most prominent national corporations that have lent their corporate support to gun control initiatives or taken position supporting gun control.

The following publications and media outlets have assisted in the attack on Second Amendment rights. The editorial policies of some of the media sources listed portray firearms in a negative manner in an attempt to generate public support for restrictions on firearms ownership. Others have refused some or all of NRA`s advertisements.

The following celebrities and national figures have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes, speaking out for anti-gun legislation and providing a voice for anti-gun organizations.

Compiled by:
NRA Institute for Legislative Action
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030

Interesting I don't find the Center For Disease Control on their list...oh that's right, the NRA was able to influence the imposition of a law to prevent that liberal group from even studying and producing data concerning firearms studies.

-Ron-

o

"What is wrong with the list?"

Well, first off, I think it's counter productive for the NRA...

Another issue I have with the list is the inclusion of so-many 70's era sitcom actors. Yeah, like they're a REAL threat to our freedoms...

As I've said before I'm not anti-gun, but very anti-NRA, so actually I do hope that it backfires on them.

The NRA can scratch Mayor Koch off the list now. One down, 499 to go...

o

It's certainly a list I'd be proud to be on.

o

I just hope this doesn't become a focal point for more gun violence. I could see those on the far fringe using "the list" as inspiration to "take out" some of the "enemies".

I hope I am wrong about that.

o

How did it double-post 24 minutes apart?

Gremlins?

o

Looks like sleepless has four names to add to the list.

o

If the paranoid NRA reads HT, many of us will be added to their list. I'd feel honored.

o

They have done it for years. It so members know who to steer away from when doing business. kinda like some lists by anti gun groups put out time to time. Spend your money on and support those who help you, not hinders you.
We canceled our reservations in NY due to their draconian new anti gun laws, we will go some place more friendly to the 2nd amendment to spend our$$$s.

o

I'm sad I'm not on this list.

o

We canceled our reservations in NY due to their draconian new anti gun laws, we will go some place more friendly to the 2nd amendment to spend our$$$s.

I'd suggest Rough Creek Lodge, 'bout 50 miles from Ft. Worth.

-Ron-

o

Its lookin more like Costa Rica. I dont really want to go, saw enuff jungle for 1 lifetime but its the wifes desire. I didnt go to Paris with her so ???

o

Thread I started...
"Is the NRA turning into a militant reactionary group?"

Name of link on my first and only post...
"NRA 'Anti-Gun' List Includes Boy Bands, Clergy, Celebrities, Ice Cream Company"

Then it went right back to the same arguments as the other threads, sigh.

o

I must say that a city that discourages visitors toting guns is a place I want to be. No wonder I like going to NYC so much.

o

How are ya gonna like it when the cops have no guns or ammo, but the bad guys do?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here