Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OH CANADA Sends Dr Shock to Prison

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 14:25

Nasty old piece of crap is going to jail so will his wife I hope.
Because of illness & his advanced age he only got 5 years!
He was convicted of sexually abusing some patients who had come to him for treatment.
He's one of the old I'll make you straight or scew you over QUACKS.

In March 2010, the Mail & Guardian reported that South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission heard that Levin was guilty of “gross human rights abuses”, including the chemical castration of gay men. But after arriving in Canada in 1995 he managed to suppress public discussion of his past by threatening lawsuits against news organisations..."

Here is a link that might be useful: SHOCKER

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OH CANADA Sends Dr Shock to Prison

We hear about so many getting caught, scary to think about the astounding numbers we will never know about, the astounding numbers of victims who we may never recognize.

Im hoping that this age of instant info will lift the rocks so everyone will face what nasty has been squirming under our noses, hurting so many for so long.

Maybe the victims finally will have a real voice.

o

Back in the Good old days fixers gathered round the cauldron and concocted all manner of fixes for the PATIENT/PRISONER?!
"Electrodes were strapped to the arms of the subject, and wires leading from these were in turn connected to a machine operated by a dial calibrated from one to 10," explains The Aversion Project study. "The subject was then shown black and white pictures of a naked man and encouraged to fantasise. The increase in the current would cause the muscles of the forearm to contract an intensely painful sensation. When the subject was either screaming with pain or verbally requested that the dial be turned off, the current would be stopped and a colour Playboy centrefold substituted for the previous pictures [The doctor] would then verbally describe the woman portrayed in glowing and positive terms. This process would be repeated three times in a single session. Sessions were held twice daily for three to four days. People subjected to this therapy experienced long periods of disorientation afterwards."

“therapy” took the form of drugs, electro-shock therapy and hormone treatment. For those who didn’t show signs of responding, it is claimed that chemical castrations or sex-change operations were in store. Most of Levin’s patients were young, white and male, and they were referred to him by military officers, chaplains and doctors.

o

Now I know where the author of "A clockwork orange" found his inspiration....

o

Yep big ho hum! Failing marks for the so called humans of the right failing marks!

o

Electrodes were strapped to the arms of the subject, and wires leading from these were in turn connected to a machine operated by a dial calibrated from one to 10

That's not therapy; that's sadism.

o

So twisted. That sentence is too light--what difference does his age make? None, as far as I'm concerned. He should be chemically castrated too. Give the good doctor a taste of his own medicine. Too harsh? Too bad.

o

How is 74 old? He should have received a much stiffer sentence

o

I'll never understand why so much time and energy has been spent suppressing and hating a natural part of humanity...

How do these haters live with what they've done to others?

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 11:58

People "justify" their actions Jodi, it depends on what they base it on. Sometimes it is religion, sometimes it is patriotism and if neither of those fit they will find some other justification.

o

Just blows the mind, doesn't it?

o

Blows the mind that the righteous right squad is carrying on a about an Imam pilfering some ducats but remain silent in the face of this kind of barbaric behavior. As is said HO HUM!

o

I actually hope he's extradited to South Africa!

o

"People "justify" their actions Jodi, it depends on what they base it on. Sometimes it is religion, sometimes it is patriotism and if neither of those fit they will find some other justification."

And sometimes they're twisted individuals. Some call it evil. I call it evil. Like mass murderers, serial killers, pedophiles.

o

Some call it medicine! Or making a living!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here