Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ash Factor

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 15:11

On the red carpet tonight will Gingrich & Santorum be wearing or not wearing ashes?
Not hot just idle curiosity. How do make up artists work around the ashes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ash Factor

Since they've made such an issue out of their faith - surely they'll wear it on their foreheads for a day... give their sleeves a rest!!!

The priest was rather "thoughtful" this AM - definite recognizeable cross instead of the usual smudge.

Perhaps apropos of nothing, but who doesn't love TS Eliot's "Ash Wednesday"

...Because I know that time is always time
And place is always and only place
And what is actual is actual only for one time
And only for one place. . . .

o

Already half answered:

"With Gingrich choosing not to get ashes and Santorum receiving them, the question remains whether Santorum will make an effort to keep them for their time in the national spotlight"

Guess CNN does find it to be news. They go on to say, there's nothing mandated about how long one need wear the ashes.

Here is a link that might be useful: CNN's story

o

Remember candidate thou art dust but next you'll be a lobbyist or have a Fox show the to dust thou shalt return.

o

I can remember being afraid to wash them off - all the girls at the all catholic school I attended had the ashes on from morning Mass until after lunch, then it had faded away.

I didn't realize Santorum was actually Catholic, I must pay closer attention, I thought he was like a Born Again - which I'm not exactly sure what that is, except that it's Christian and at least a little fundamentalist - I need to google it but too busy!

Mardi Gras has faded away, I'll bet Mother's (po-boy joint, to die for) will have slower business until Easter - unless people don't deprive themselves anymore.

When young, I used to give up sweets and all desserts and then gorged on my Easter Basket until I felt ill.

o

No ashes! I had shrimp cakes for dinner, a little heavy on the old Bay seasoning but they were on sale in the deli take out at my supermarket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here