Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The money guy behind Romny

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 17:51

Salon article by Glenn Greenwald former Constitutional and civil rights litigator. Interesting how things are connected.

Here is a link that might be useful: Billionaire Romney donor uses threats to silence critics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The money guy behind Romny

Good for Greenwald.

o

This article has By Scout pedophiles, Prop H8 backers, pyramid schemes and bullying on a different plane by scaring journalists to not express their freedom of speech.

o

Its a great story, and he's pretty much daring the dude to sue him for defamation, so he can get into the process of discovery.

in the comments selection below, it gets pretty funny: "He's not a billionaire! He's only worth $750,000,000!!!!"

o

Yes read those too, sounds like a group that sticks together.

o

196 people have funded 80% of the super pacs.

Here is a link that might be useful: ari Berman on Super Pacs

o

O Canada, where art thou?

"My country" - of which I was so proud and am now so profoundly ashamed.

And to think that people in other countries sees our dirty laundry. I can't imagine how the Canadians and others right here in H.T. really think of us. I know that many Americans could not care less about the perceptions of others. And proudly say so.

Profoundly embarrassing and very disturbing to me. I do honestly wish I could move to some other choice country where the heads were not only peaceful but level and fair minded to every person.

Were I younger and could forsee our future, I would.

There are too many people like this and too many people who will stand up and support what he says and does.

What societal sickness had befallen Americans?

There exists no other country we can go to and start over again, in order to escape the regressive oppression of this country. All the good ones are taken already.

That is probably a good thing, we don't behave well when going somewhere new and starting over. Especially if we discover that the owners are home.

o

• Posted by sweeby Gulf Coast TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 10:07

Thought this might be helpful...

Here is a link that might be useful: Emmigration to Canada

o

I predict a silencer thread.

o

sweeby, that's too funny! (I get it)

o

Wonder if this guy is related to the Natalie Holloway killer guy since they both have the same name or is that name common in that country like Smith is here.

o

His response...

Here is a link that might be useful: VanderSloot Responds To Allegations Of Threatening Media

o

That one slipped through before his team of lawyers got to see it.

o

Interesting how he says he has a lot of gay friends but donated $100,000 to prop H8. Just doesn't quite fit.

o
and then there is this

And none of it excuses his team of attorneys for going after each and every person who writes about him.

This bit doesn't make him look that good -

ON THE BOY SCOUTS ISSUE-"In 2005, the Idaho Falls Post Register ran a story about several pedophiles who had operated in local Boy Scout troops over the years. These were serious offenses and the topic deserved to be covered. I had no empathy for the pedophiles. They deserved to be exposed and punished. However, I felt that the coverage of the story was unfair in several respects. I felt the paper also wrongfully tried to vilify one of the pedophile’s parents, volunteers at his church, and Scout leaders. The pedophile’s family and friends were clearly also victims. But somehow they were being blamed for his actions. These people had no way to defend themselves from the innuendos being lodged against them. I tried to put myself in their shoes. I had never met these people, but I felt someone should stand up for them.
I spent considerable time and effort trying to find out what the truth was before I took sides. I learned that there were several facts and a great deal of court testimony the paper was ignoring and Melaleuca purchased space in the paper to point out those things. Clearly, mistakes in judgment had been made. The pedophile had bamboozled everyone and he had been given far too much unsupervised access to young people in the community. But implying that all of the people around him intentionally assisted the pedophile went too far. In trying to inform the community of the additional facts that we had uncovered, I erred in not being sensitive to the extreme hurt the victims had suffered in coming forward with what had happened to them. I had no clue as to what they were suffering. I got to know some of the victims personally. They had been very courageous in coming forward. I learned that my approach had caused them more pain. I'm deeply sorry for that and would use a much different approach were this to happen again."

sounds like a royal bull in the china shop. And no matter how anyone wants to squirm and shift things around, when it comes to pedophiles, the victims are actually the kids, not the pedophiles parents.

o

Crickets.

Told ya so.

o

Bringing up a cricket thread.

o

Might bring up all of them. The first 3 pages would be nothing but cricket threads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here