Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
400 to 175 in Great Britain

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 20:18

It was a first vote but it looks quite good 400 to 175 in Great Britain for Marriage Equality.
Margot James A Conservative MP gave a very compelling speech in favor as did several other gay Conservative MP but it was a defeat for Cameron as more than half his party were not in favor. Still he did win the votes of 126 Conservative members I can't imagine anything like that in the US. You know US Conservatives are a curious lot.

Civil Unions already offered all the same rights as marriage but as one Conservative MP (already in a civil union put it) none of you asked your beloved "will you marry me so that we will share in all the legal benefits that marriage offers"

Here is a link that might be useful: Cvility Updated/Upgraded

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 400 to 175 in Great Britain

Good for them. As Cameron said, it's because he's a conservative that he is in favor of this.

Don't know if it will pass the House of Lords, tho'. Here's hoping.

The U.S. is being shown up by the UK and the European Union in so many ways. I won't list them as most of them are off-topic. And, with the tea-partiers/religious wing-nuts in control of the House, I have no hope of this country ever being number 1 at much of anything anymore, at least in the good things.

This post was edited by dockside on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 21:17

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here