Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maryland Votes Equality

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 20:48

Maryland has voted equality for those unfamiliar with the concept it's that thing Fox calls GAY MARRIAGE.
Well Good for them!

"All children deserve the opportunity to live in a loving, caring, committed, and stable home, protected equally under the law," was Governor O'Malley's Statement. He has pledged to sign it into law.

My how the world has changed in my day everyone knew gay men had poodles & lesbians had cats!

Oh no EDD & I must be lesbians!

Here is a link that might be useful: Maryland

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maryland Votes Equality

Most excellent. Way to go O'Malley.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 22:04

Excellent news !

"Oh no EDD & I must be lesbians"

LOL .. stereotypes are so yesterday.

o

Complimenti!

o

You're funny, Joe... but seriously, I'm glad one state is following another, and another... this is a good thing.

o

Did they have to be Siamese cats?

o

No just jellicel

o
RE:nd Votes Equality

Had to look that one up, and we have all seen them in Cats...

o

or Eliot!
“Jellicle Cats are black and white
Jellicle Cats are rather small
Jellicle Cats are merry and bright
And pleasant to hear when they caterwaul.
Jellicle Cats have cheerful faces,
Jellicle Cats have bright black eyes;
They like to practise their airs and graces
And wait for the Jellicle Moon to rise.”
― T.S. Eliot
It was "ASH WEDNESDAY" this week nay nay I do not hope to turn at all!

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 10:07

Yes, we did, though it will probably end up as a referendum in a coming election, and hopefully we will pass again.

Nice juxtaposition - being next to Virginia - though mostly separated by a river. That's the same Virginia where the men of that Commonwealth are trying to legislate away all women's reproductive rights.

o

Way to go, Maryland legislature and governor. California is still struggling.

o

Wonderful news. Labrea, love your word play on T.S. Eliot.

o

In an effort to get the bill to the House floor, a special joint committee was formed and legislators were left scrambling for seats. Kach, who had previously backed attempts to define marriage as between one man and one woman, found a space right next to the witness table.

"I saw with so many of the gay couples, they were so devoted to another. I saw so much love," he said. "When this hearing was over, I was a changed person in regard to this issue. I felt that I understood what same sex couples were looking for."

A week later, Kach voted for the gay marriage bill on the floor of the House of Delegates, one of only two Republicans to do so. Only 2

o

A week later, Kach voted for the gay marriage bill on the floor of the House of Delegates, one of only two Republicans to do so. Only 2

Wait! Aren't we constantly told that *both sides do it*?

So Kach finally understood the concept of love. Good for him.

o

Yeah that's what I was thinking too Maddie!
It's always 1 or 2 that break ranks with the Republican full diaper squad & then they are targeted by the hit squads from NOM, Constipated Women for America, FRC & AFA.
See everypne dumps on Westboro but it's mainly because tey started going after Marines.
These folks are no different than Westboro in their virulence that raise millions of dollars to defeat any candidates/judges who would dare to break ranks & they are courted constantly by the mainstream Republican party & currently every Candidate Running for president from that DEMON CROWD of glad handers

o

Wait! Aren't we constantly told that *both sides do it*?

We're not all suffering from amnesia.

The other tatic is to switch from discussing public policy and its implications to what individual conservatives believe.

Sorry conservatives, you're (plural) voting them into office knowing what their positions are. Your personal dissent doesn't excuse your support at the polls.

o

Well said Nancy!

o

I second that. And I don't buy their "dissent" schtick either.

It's always 1 or 2 that break ranks with the Republican full diaper squad & then they are targeted by the hit squads from NOM, Constipated Women for America, FRC & AFA.
See everypne dumps on Westboro but it's mainly because tey started going after Marines.
These folks are no different than Westboro in their virulence that raise millions of dollars to defeat any candidates/judges who would dare to break ranks & they are courted constantly by the mainstream Republican party & currently every Candidate Running for president from that DEMON CROWD of glad handers

Sums 'em up.

o

For the most part yep!

o

Yeah one states funnier than the other in lets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here