Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why the Party is in Decline off a Cliff II

Posted by WxDano none (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 22:23

Subhuman:

Sen. Burr Cracks Waterboarding Joke (VIDEO)
Pema Levy 5:48 PM EST, Thursday February 7, 2013

Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) cracked a joke about waterboarding during the confirmation hearing Thursday of John Brennan, President Obama's nominee to run the CIA.

"I will be brief because I notice you are on your fourth glass of water and I do not want to be accused of waterboarding you," Burr said, as he began questioning Brennan.

"That's a good one," another senator responded.

The use of waterboarding and whether it constitutes torture had already come up several times during the hearing...

All the smart people fled that party a decade ago. The t-whatevers lowered their IQ by 10 points.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why the Party is in Decline off a Cliff II

Careful weatherboy, your blind hatred/bigotry/biasm is showing.

o

I thought it was in decline because of it's base!

o

I thought it was in decline because of it's base!

Good chicken or egg question labrea. If they stop pandering to the base (and I do mean "base"), will they resemble a decent party?

o

I don't even udnerstand what either of these threads has to do with "the Party" (doesn't that sound so communisitic?).

Are you saying, in broad terms, and then defining in small instances, what you think is causing a particular political group to decline? Which one? Republican? Democrat? I think they're both declining. Neither one is what they were 20-30 years ago. Same thing is wrong across America. It's all so freaking watered down (see how I got back to water?), that nothing is special or respected. Be liberal! Be conservative! stop trying to get that Middle vote and make it clear what you stand for. Pandering indeed. Both parties suck. You don't see it in your own because ? I dunno why. I've always been a middle of the road kinda gal, so I may see more clearly than those invested. I'll go with denial is why you don't see it. Denial is why you don't see the pandering to middle constituency and dilution of the Parties in general. America is declining.

o

I don't even udnerstand what either of these threads has to do with "the Party"

That's too bad.

And this topic includes "the decline is off a cliff".

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 10:28

The last time that I felt sorry for the GOP was exactly 4 years ago, it appeared dead then too....and then they somehow won back the congress 2 years later. Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

o

I'm just surprised that there are any replies to disagree with this.

My impression was that there were no other partisans besides Democrats here ... that everyone else was "independent".

Strange then that this still provoked some argument.

o

I was thinking the same thing all the Independents LOL.

o

and then they somehow won back the congress 2 years later. Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Billionaires financed teab--gers and shipped them around the country as a form of astroturf, to game the dialog and the corporate media. Stupid indeed!

o

No, I have complete understanding--you've just written it so oddly, never saying Republican or Democrat Party. I assume you mean Republican. But all you've written is some snippet minus your opinion and some snide title/snide remark.

I fully get why America is declining. Some of us want more than sound bytes. I'm betting you get as much are you're giving here. Try to think beyond the liberal talking points if you want to get across. If you don't read, listen to or tune in ever to anything conservative, you're as wrong as the conservatives who never read, tune in or listen to hear the other side of the issue.

Talking points aboud! Parrots are on both sides of the aisle, and there are stupid people in both parties. Smart pepole in both parties. Generalizations do not become you.

o

So do you agree or disagree, Rob, that the Party doesn't come off well when key members joke about waterboarding, and their electorate raises nary a peep of protest? And that one reason is that the Party drove off the best part of their electorate years ago?

Those are the questions implicit above, zero of which you addressed.

TIA.

o

"Same thing is wrong across America. It's all so freaking watered down (see how I got back to water?), that nothing is special or respected. Be liberal! Be conservative! stop trying to get that Middle vote and make it clear what you stand for. Pandering indeed. Both parties suck...pandering to middle constituency and dilution of the Parties in general. America is declining."

See, I did adress it. It's not in sound byte form, so you didn't get it. I addressed it. Both parties suck. Rotten things have been happening on both sides. My answer is, this discussion lacks substance and the meat of it is a complex problem. You want it in short, warm-fuzzy comments? You won't get it from me.

Democratic party sucks as much as the Republican party. I know you think your party has all the "great people with great ideas", but get over yourself. They're only half of the sucky whole. I'm sure there are some good tidbits for each, but for the mostpart ick. Just ICK!

All of Congress has gone off their rockers. A complete overhaul is in line for both parties and their leadership. I don't agree with you-which is what you really wanted. Do I approve of the sound bytes you posted? Nope. But do I approve of your lack of hard hitting journalism on the other side of the aisle? Nope.

o

I had no problem understanding the point.

I was disgusted with the *answers* by Brennan. Or should I say non-answers. He now claims to have expressed his concerns against waterboarding, but...there's no record of ANY naysayers in the CIA.

Who thought up the term 'paramilitary drones'? Or paramilitary anything? Now Brennan says drones will become only military. I'm sick of undeclared wars and mercenary army.

The guy's entirely too perfect for the CIA. Their activities under Bush were why I stopped flying my American flag. The CIA and acceptance of its freewheeling activities are pushing me towards some belief in the NRA paranoia. (Help me!)

o

The "quality" of lightweights fronting the Parties is something to deplore, not ignore: Reid, McConnel, Boener, Cantor, Ryan

o

I didn't have any problem understanding the point either. Wow!

But look how you gave your well thought out opinion chi? That didn't happen above. That is what was missing. Do I care? Not really. But if you want a discussion, and this is discussion board, fork up. Which he didn't do. I hate that. It's highly irritating.

o

o

When you place anti science elected official on a science committee your a screwed party. When one of those calls for the public to arm themselves against the government your a screwed part. Fomentors

o

The "quality" of lightweights fronting the Parties is something to deplore, not ignore: Reid, McConnel, Boener, Cantor, Ryan

If you scrutinize Reid's behavior, you'll see he talks a good game then acts just like a dutiful corporate-financier patsy.

Our political economy is broken, and the choice is between one party that will willingly drive us off a cliff, and the other party that will incompetently drive us down a shallower slope.

o

"Our political economy is broken, and the choice is between one party that will willingly drive us off a cliff, and the other party that will incompetently drive us down a shallower slope."

Unfortunately, that's about the size of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here