Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Romney beats Santorum in Michigan! OMG!

Posted by heri_cles (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 22:41

This is BIG news for Republicans who want to close this freak show out.
Santorum really mailed in any chances he had to win by spewing out some truly bizarre comments over the past week. This guy seemed to get progressively more extreme every day speaking as though he wanted to lose this thing.

if Santorum went AWOL the past two weeks and just shut his mouth he beats Romney in Michigan handily.

At this point Santorum is finished and that is a good thing.
Most people from both politcal parties have had it with this guy, his skewed version of reality, and his weirdness.

I am ready for Obama v Romney so lets get this started now.
No more talk here about Santorum as a serious candidate because he isn't and it has become obvious now that he never was.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Romney beats Santorum in Michigan! OMG!

I think Romney will be the nominee on April 24.

I'd say April 3rd, but I wouldn't want to underestimate the Mormon haters out there. I'm sure the True Christians™ will try to keep them out.

o

The more sane one came out ahead even with dems voting for Santorum.
The Presidents speech while this was going on was spot on & a nice contrast to these 2

o

I couldn't figure out Santorum these past couple of days. Was he trying to get the idiot vote - you know, the ones who think that people who want to go to college are just elitists. People who want to feed their minds are elitists And how he worded his speech to the people regarding the elitists who want to send their children to a university so that THEY can become an elitist too - instead of quitting their education after high school just like Daddy and Mommy and hey, they turned out ok didn't they?

Did that man's crazy escape via his mouth?

It was the strangest, goofball speech ever.

And people in the crowd just cheered.

And those people vote.

Creepy, isn't it?

There sure were a lot of crickets in here regarding that goofball speech of Santorum. I guess they figured that Santorum might end up being their guy and were formulating exactly how to express that he was really a great leader, great thinker, well educated (oops!) so much more superior than that Obama man.

I mean, they were going to have to come up with some good, creative stuff! I kind of wish Santorum had won just to hear the conservatives wording when they had to support him.

Oh well. I'll just have to be content with hearing the conservatives support Romney. But hey, that should be good for some great laughs right there!

The popcorn is hot, I'm comfy and ready to go!

o

Oh I'm sure Romney will "win" the nomination. They will keep rigging the primaries for as long as it takes and as much as it takes.

o
Attention please, Is there a surgeon at this Party?

I kind of wish Santorum would win. Things would finally and clearly be put on the table then. The dirty laundry of conservatives would not only hang for everyone to see, but to smell also. If Santorum had won the primary he would have kept on talking, the clearer everything would have gotten and even the average conservative couldn't have dismissed it all anymore as not so important or nutty, not *really*!

They would no longer be able to ignore the rot of crazy from within, they would have to finally face it for what it is and deal with it quickly - and finally maybe we would have a decent, respectable, responsible and DIGNIFIED GOP again.

This way maybe they will keep putting it off. The rot of crazy will continue to grow and putrify a greater amount of the party. What Santorum finally put on the table is that there is nothing that won't be said by a conservative for the sake of a vote. And nothing too nutty to honestly believe, either. And nothing too nutty to think that all of America should abide by.

I think having him win the nomination could have been a very big step toward a much greater mentally healthier nation. The surgical procedure by the GOP to remove the cancerous growth would finally have to take place.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 7:34

Well now in all fairness Santorum did make an attempt to reach out to women. My favorite part was when he spoke about the Declaration of Independence.

""The men and women who signed that declaration wrote the final phrase, 'We pledge to each other our lives, our fortune, and our sacred honor," Santorum said"

...um Rick you might want to take another look at those "signatures" LOL

o

I think a Romney nomination would show that moderate republicans are predominate in the party.

o

No. It shows how disingenuous the republican party is. They would run Santa Claus if they could win and then the money guys would give Santa his marching orders. Can you say Puppet Presidency?

o

CNN's headline this morning: "Romney wins by 'enough'".

Yeah, "predominate" is the word that comes to mind. Looks like they are teetering on the edge of the abyss to me.

o

No Mrs K!
He's a severe conservative from his own mouth (or was that a lie)?
Are we to hope he didn't mean what he said he signed anti equality pledge for NOM or was that a lie?
Are you talking about the happy thinkers of the base who vote the radical right in over & over....puh leazze a moderate is a RINO & they have been purged for the most part.
Show me any moderation this demon has proffered to the voters! Were there a shred of it it wouldn't hold up to McConnell & DeMint.
His first opening lie was his residence was in his sons basement we move on form there.

o
RE: Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter who flip flops herself has been flailing about the last week or so attacking tea party referring to Sara Palin as an insider for her criticism of Mittens. Shes given up her usual assault on the liberals,

"Ann Coulter has lied about and vilified conservatives whothreaten the candidacy of Mitt Romney, whom she calls the "most conservative" candidate. Just this week, she again falsely claimed Romney to be the most conservative, falsely asserted that Sarah Palin is an establishment Republican, and falsely contended that Romney really won in Iowa. Coulter has also dismissed the Tea Party as conspiracy nuts to promote Romney. Coulter gushes over Romney and even defended RomneyCare, now known as CoulterCare! Wantings o desperately to be a king-maker, Coulter is resolved to foist her choice upon the restof the nation, using treachery anddeceit to achieve her goals. If she willlie about conservatives (even though she is considered a conservative leader and icon), why wouldn't she lie about liberals (whom she claims to hate)?"

From the American Spectator

Sorry, Ann. I have adored you as a commentator, as you know, and appreciate your kind words about me in the past. But in discussing the individual mandate in your piece last week, "Three Cheers for RomneyCare," you honestly don't know what you are talking about. In the process, you are transgressing on my own work and past policy achievements, and grossly undermining the policy and political case against Obamacare. Read on, and I will explain in full.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Happy Thoughts ANN

o

I don't think all the Fundie radical Evangelists are just going to go away, because Santorum is losing. These people are still ranting from their sunday pulpits, non-stop. And most of them hate Mormonism, consider it a cult, not a true religion. I don't have a clue as to what they will do, but much as some of us would like to, we can't just sweep them under the carpet and hope they will disappear like dust bunnies.

o

And most of them hate Mormonism, consider it a cult, not a true religion.

Anti-Mormonism...

Because getting your prophesy from a hat is just crazy.
Getting it from a bush in the desert is not.

o

According to exit polls, the reason Romney won is because voters though he was the most likely to beat Obama in the coming election.

Nothing about his ridiculous tax plan, nothing about his pie-in-the sky economic plans ( don't worry, under me, the economy will grow at 6%), nothing about all the deregulations he proposes, nothing about attacking Iran, expanding the military, gutting medicare, and all the rest.

And should he win, then look how surprised everyone is that we're back to the good old days of Bush neocon ideology, and all that brought.

o

Not a word from his lips matter just beat OBAMA!
At CPAC Coulter celebrated the fact & said everybody there should celebrate that there were no Rockefeller Republicans left in the party. It was not an age issue it was a celebration of the rightist radicalization of the party! A Safari of RINO hunters howled like a pack of chimps in the disinfection of what was the republican party.

Last election night after night we posted the defections of Republicans based onwhat was happening withing the party. The howlers on this forum had no problem pronouncing them RINO non grata (do not even try the hackneyed trick of who when where) We sat here night after night we these posts an Coulter confirmed it at CPAC.
You can watch her on you tube celebrate the end of the moderates who were later called liberals Feb 11 2012 was the CPAC date of that speech.

The conservative best-selling author gave her usual speech at CPAC on Friday. Instead of calling John Edwards a "faggot" (like she did years ago), she declared that Bill Clinton saved the Constitution by repeatedly ejaculating on White House interns. It was a stupid laugh line really not worth repeating, save to point out how likely it is to overshadow the impassioned plea she made earlier in the speech to get the crowd to drop its revulsion of Romney.

"You know how [Democrats] are going to run against our candidate, because it is the only way that they run against any Republican: Call them dumb or stupid. And there is one presidential candidate we have right now who frustrates both of those. That is Mitt Romney," said Coulter. "You can't call him dumb. You can't call him crazy. You can call him square, and that seems to be what a lot of right-wingers don't like about him."

"You ask them, 'What is it?'" she went on. "'Well, he's kind of a Ken doll, sort of stiff.' I think we have had enough of hip. Hip has nearly wrecked the country. Let's try square for a while."

The crowd cheered wildly. This was a broad case for backing the former Massachusetts Governor. But even when the questions turned to the specifics, Coulter seemed well equipped to make the pro-Romney case.

Theres always been that wild element within the Republican Party in the last to election cycle they have taken over when extremists like Palin are called mainstream it more resembles the Jacobins and Girondins than anything else!

I believe Maureen Dowd wasn't far off today

Here is a link that might be useful: Dowd NY Times

o

Dowd said it all. Santorum and Romney will say anything out of left field to win votes. Talk to a bunch of dimwits, and you get the college is for snobs comment, talk to another group of no thinkers and you get the comment from Santorum that JKK speech makes him want to throw up. And cheers from the crowd on both speeches. THIS is the electorate??? The dumbing down of Americans mostly by the tbaggers who took down the GOP.

o

Headline from the Onion:

"Romney Thanks State He Was Born And Raised In For Just Barely Giving Him Enough Votes To Beat Total Maniac"

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

WOW the Onion is trying to Give Fox a Run for Their COMEDY!

o

Lily, I think you have it. The tea baggers are still the ones to be worried about.

As much as I think President Obama will likely be reelected, the conservatives will focus on electing a Republican House so as to thwart him at every turn.

The results will be another four years of animosity and stalemate as the rest of the world move forward economically and socially.

o

omg chase, you are probably right. But don't you think that's a good thing. It will give him four more years of someone to blame for his ineptitude. He had a democratic house and senate his first two years, and he had to blame Bush for everything, and it was getting old.

o

Give it a rest Mrs. Your "blame" thing is getting even older. You really need to find a new deflection.

o

Well if the were Po'd the first term I can't imagine how shrill the 2nd term will be!
There will be drug tests to mail a letter!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here