Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of Bucks

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 0:14

Today was a good day to make a couple of bucks and it would have been better to be positioned for it months ago .Even better for the last 3 years. The rise was not at the expense of funds pouring out of bonds. There was a lot of liquidity sitting out there for ages doing little
After Obama's election
Fox Business News’ Stuart Varney called the stock market drop a “reaction to Obama’s reelection.”
There were other who predicted even more dire prospects which only told me buy!

Like the folks on here who told me it was a fools rally when the market hit bottom several years back. I advised folks to get moving and get it out from under the mattress.
Tsk tsk tsk well had they a 3 years 25 to 30% return would not have been unreasonable. Right now had you stayed the course 12.5% return since January wasn't difficult. Overall average rise to date has been just under 9%..
Small investors returned pouring money into ETF's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of Bucks

Hope pension funds are riding this tide so that taxes won't have to go higher to fund them...

o

Gold is down 13% for the year mnn must have been that Mayan Calendar relief.

o

That and with a whiff of recovery in the wind, capital is going back into the stock market. So "they" say - stock market strength can periodically sap safe-haven demand for gold.

o

Stock market is going up after Obama got re-elected? Why, it must be ... ah, he said ... eh, it's all his fault?!?

o

Well you only get that if it goes down!

o

Up again today I guess the market isn't like the price of gas no psychic revelations or notions that it;'s rigged to election results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here