Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Police Chief Ed Flynn for Wis. Senate 2016

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 1:56

I cannot vouch for Chief Ed Flynn's character ( yes, I am aware of an affair he had that was well publicized) but from what I can discern at this time, his education, experience and credentials are just what Wisconsin needs in a Senate candidate to replace Tbag Senator Ron Johnson in 2016.

He courageously stood up to Lindsay Graham at the Senate Hearing on the Newtown massacre and disassembled his NRA lies. He has the conviction of someone with actual experience in law enforcement in urban areas unlike others who act as shills for the gun industry and the NRA.

We need more anti-Vincenzos , people who are even tempered, articulate, educated, have law enforcement experience and can speak forcefully and effectively on the problem of weapon proliferation and gun violence. We need Ed Flynn in Congress to effectively counter those who are in favor of the mindless proliferation of assault weapons in our country.

Chief Flynn appeared on Anderson Cooper this evening and spoke about a crime with a modified AR15 that just happened in Milwaukee. He also made an explosive accusation (which I have not yet been able to verify) that certain Congressmen, maybe even a Senator or two, left the Senate Hearing just before some parents of the Sandy Hook massacre testified.

Darn I cannot find a link yet to tonight AC360 interview with Chief Flynn, so if anyone can find it, please post.
I think we need Chief Flynn out there front and center right now, so we can start getting the gun craze and the crazies under control.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Police Chief Ed Flynn for Wis. Senate 2016

I hate to say this but...I think Wississippi is a lost cause.

-Ron-

o

He should love the intern pool if he gets elected...

o

The father of a 6-year-old killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School held a framed picture of his son and fought back tears as he testified Wednesday in favor a federal ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
"I'm not here for the sympathy or a pat on the back," said Neil Heslin, father of Jesse Heslin. "I'm here to speak for my son. There are many changes that need to be made."

The committee also heard testimony from Dr. William Begg, who treated some of the Sandy Hook victims at the emergency room where he works.

Begg and Heslin were not questioned by Republican Senators, as all but Graham had left the hearing prior to their testimony.

The GOPer Senators did not have the decency to wait for the families of the Kindergarten kids who were massacred to testify? What a disgrace. What a frikking disgrace.

Here is a link that might be useful: Republican Senators walk out on Sandy Hook victims families

o

Cheating on your wife is immoral and destructive and it's considered spousal abuse by men of character.

And I thought the Democrats were all about character and halting the war against women. (Cheating on a wife is war against a woman)

Vote against this cheater.

o

Sorry, cheating is not the highest moral sin in everyone's eyes. People aren't perfect so sometimes you have to choose between two imperfect people.

o

Killing children is immoral and destructive and it's considered abuse by men of character.

And I thought the Republicans were all about character....

Not likely.

o

I'd vote for him if I lived in Wisconsin. I don't mean to diminish infidelity except to say that this man's wife can fight back--all those dead kids cannot.

o

Brushwork stated:

I tripped on girls.
Cathy
Rose Ann
Leslie
Kathleen
Sheila
There were more but those above were the best.

The best at what?
It seems like you would be the last person to comment on
infidelity in a marriage or relationship, but hypocrisy has never stopped you before.

o

So what about the Republican Senators walking out of the Senate Hearing before the families of Sandy Hook victims testified?

Or do some of you want to attack the Police Chief for having the courage to report that outrageous behavior by our elected public officials?

Chief Flynn made the victims families of the Sandy Hook massacre feel proud and he made me proud to be an American knowing that we have honest, intelligent Police Chiefs like him. Chief Flynn confronted Lindsay Graham with the truth about gun registration. He would not and did not allow Graham to weasel out with NRA talking points. It was an important moment in the current gun debate and maybe in the history of the gun debate.

This post was edited by heri_cles on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 11:49

o

Here is Anderson Coopers brief interview with Chief Flynn.

It is interesting to hear someone who knows what he is talking about.

And for those who seek to attack this Police Chief, here are some of his qualifications:

"Edward A. Flynn was appointed Chief of the Milwaukee Police Department in January of 2008. On January 7, 2012, he was sworn in for a second term. He commands an agency of 2,000 sworn officers and 700 civilians, serving a city of over 600,000 residents.

He was formerly Police Commissioner in Springfield, Massachusetts from 2006 to 2008. As the police chief executive, he was responsible for 470 officers and 100 civilians, serving a city of 155,000 residents.

Flynn served as Secretary of Public Safety under Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney from January 2003 until taking command in Springfield. He was responsible for a secretariat employing 10,000 that included the Massachusetts State Police, the Department of Corrections and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.

Prior to his appointment as Secretary of Public Safety, he served for five years as the Chief of Police in Arlington, Virginia. He commanded a 360 officer department, serving 190,000 residents. In this capacity, he was instrumental in the recovery effort at the Pentagon after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.

He began his career in the Jersey City Police Department, where he was promoted through the ranks of officer, sergeant, lieutenant, captain and inspector. He served as the Chief of Police in Braintree and subsequently Chelsea, Massachusetts.

Flynn is a member of the Police Executive Research Forum. He serves on the Executive Committee of the International Association of Chiefs of Police and Fight Crime Invest in Kids Executive Board. He is a member of the Harvard Kennedy School’s Executive Session on Policing. He is a past recipient of the prestigious Gary Hayes Memorial Award for Police Leadership from the Police Executive Research Forum.

He holds a B.A. in history from LaSalle University in Philadelphia, a Masters degree in Criminal Justice from John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York and completed all course work in the Ph.D. program in criminal justice from the City University in New York. Chief Flynn is a graduate of the FBI National Academy, the National Executive Institute and was a National Institute of Justice Pickett Fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government."
======================

Of course, education, intellect and experience are things that make some Rightys squirm. What was that thing Rick Santorum said about wanting to send kids to College?

Here is a link that might be useful: Police chief: Slow motion mass murder in U.S.

o

Wow...Heri...you're plain ignorant. We were discussing our teen years, not married life. Didn't you ever date a girl, or girls? My dating years has nothing to do with my marriage conduct. It's plain ignorant of you to make that claim. You never disappoint.

Killing children is immoral and destructive and it's considered abuse by men of character.

And I thought the Republicans were all about character....

Not likely.

Obama hasn't ordered any families killed? Are you saying he's not a man of character? Gasp!

I recall a post here at HT that stated "Obama is a murderer" and not one of you contradicted it.

Is it just me, or do liberal women forgive adultery easily? Unless it's a conservative, of course.

o

I don't know if liberal women forgive adultery easily. But, liberals don't give a hoot whether conservatives commit adultery - but love to call those "family values" conservatives on their hypocrisy.

o

I still can't figure out the "cheater" and what he or she hopes to gain or prove, or why they do what they do... if you don't think you can remain faithful to your partner, why take a vow, make a promise to that partner, and sign a legal document? Why not remain unmarried until such time as you think you can maintain that relationship and promise?

It doesn't lend credence to good moral character.. that's for certain.

Isn't it a shame that persons of questionable character are all we have to choose from in too many elections?

As an aside, it's not normally Democrats who claim the religious moral high ground to begin with, or want to control the morality of the general public through legislation.

o

Posted by dockside (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 14:42

I don't know if liberal women forgive adultery easily. But, liberals don't give a hoot whether conservatives commit adultery - but love to call those "family values" conservatives on their hypocrisy.

I recall a good many liberals giving more than a "hoot"--actually giving several days of posts about Republican Senator David Vitter's infidelity and Republican Governor Mark Samford's infidelity. A lot of liberals gave more than a "hoot" about Newt Gingrich's past infidelities.

I also recall liberals saying that President Clinton's infidelity was a "private matter" that didn't effect his ability to govern.

I do recall that Democrat John Edwards didn't get much of pass from anyone, though. I think he's one man that a lot of people just can't find many redeeming qualities in, or at least that his transgressions were so flagrant and egregious.

As to Chief Flynn, I don't know anything about him.

Who exactly are the "gun crazies" and what makes them "gun crazy?"

If people aren't violating laws, why does it matter?

o

"I recall a good many liberals giving more than a "hoot"--actually giving several days of posts about Republican Senator David Vitter's infidelity and Republican Governor Mark Samford's infidelity. A lot of liberals gave more than a "hoot" about Newt Gingrich's past infidelities."

Apparently someone forgot to read the second part of the post they quoted.

"but love to call those "family values" conservatives on their hypocrisy."

o

Posted by esh_ga

"Sorry, cheating is not the highest moral sin in everyone's eyes. People aren't perfect so sometimes you have to choose between two imperfect people."-----------------------WOW, some one should put this on a T-shirt for dudes who skip out on child support.

o

Cheating... added to lying and stealing, it makes for a nasty little trio that I don't care to tolerate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here