Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Republicans Stoop to Comparing Women to Pigs & Cows

Posted by jodik (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 4:36

The title about says it all, but keep reading so you can learn what the party of "backwards" and "no" really thinks of women...

Apparently, they're a little too fond of those animals, but it's the idea that they know so little about animal husbandry in general... or women... that they think women compare so perfectly to pigs and cows.

Isn't that about as interesting as it gets? There's a video, too, for those able to watch...

Here is a link that might be useful: Comparing Women to Cows and Pigs...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Republicans Stoop to Comparing Women to Pigs & Cows

I must take exception with "title about says it all". It looks to me like he's standing. I just don't see him stooping to compare anything.

o

Actually, he was affirming the sanctity of life, Jodik.

Anyway, I've seen liberal posters here actually not just compare, but REFER to conservative women as sheep.

Outrage du jour for sure.
I guess this is what we get on a slow Saturday morning.

o

I don't agree with him, but I don't think he is comparing women to animals. He is using his experience as a reference point to support his idea.

o

I must confess I am a name caller both genders (only 2?) not necessarily specific to women but I am not opposed to it. It's the refuge of this ignorant sodomite who goes bullish every now and then & roots around like a boar for something "good" to hurl from the monkey house!

Please attack "good" or the overall premise! I'll save you time name calling is immature (yep) name calling is boorish (yep) name calling is (fill in the blank)
Forget politically correct, socially correct is more pernicious as far as I'm concerned.
The passive aggressive of this world have politeness down to a softly honed blunt cudgel.
I have to ask myself how is name calling different than bullying?

o

Some have no shame.

Hey if sows can carry their stillborn to term so can we and if we don't want to they will force us.

No one, especially no female, with just an ounce of self esteem and a mere whiff of integrity has any business voting Republican.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 9:32

FORCE ?? "HIS" experience !!

....that his experience with cows, pigs and chickens has proven to him that women should be forced to have their babies after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

...would ban abortions after 20 weeks even if the baby is not expected to live, England recalled the time he had spent with livestock.

...the so-called "fetal pain" bill would force women to carry stillborn fetuses

How any woman can defend this is beyond my scope of understanding. A friend I grew up with delivered a stillborn child, she never emotionally recovered from it, and this PIG would FORCE a woman to experience this ??

o
RE: ...Republicans Stoop to Comparing Women to Pigs & Cows

Defend this how? You just watch!

Sanctity of life my ass.

Waiting for Esh and KT to recover from their shock and weigh in on this.

o

They just keep coming. Let's see them all crawl out from under their rocks so everyone can see their irrationality in plain view.

o

After reading Ohiomom's extracts from the link, I think I'll skip it to save my sanity.

o

Some posters don't know a metaphor when they read one.

Jodik was not protesting a metaphorical comparison between women and farm animals. She was protesting a literal comparison. That any woman should be forced to carry a stillborn fetus--for any reason, but especially because farm animals do (according to the male lawmaker)--is outrageous.

Next we will be classed with brood cows--though actually that is a return to the "good ol' days"--lot of pregnant cow/woman talk back then when women had almost no access to birth control and often died by age 40 from excessive childbearing. Amazing how sentimental certain guys are about the good ol' days--before women could vote and have a say in their own destinies.

Just what is so sacred about carrying a stillborn fetus? That is an appalling idea.

I might also add that only the "pro-lifers" claim to have information showing that a 20-month fetus feels pain and is viable (can survive outside the uterus with normal postnatal care). The medical community and scientists are not privy to that information that the religious folk and their followers have somehow miraculously divined on their own somehow. This is a clear case of American law being shaped by religious belief--a violation of church and state separation.

Kate

o

Welcome to Georgia politics where good ole boy legislators with manure for brains draw from their deep understanding of pigs and chickens to dictate how the reproductive rights of women are treated by the state.

Demi there is a HUGE difference between some poster calling someone a metaphorical sheep vs a legislator arguing that the rule of law on women's reproductive rights should be based on the way a sow reproduces. Any country boy will tell you that pigs often sit on and accidentally kill their piglets and sometimes eat their young or the young of other sows. Is that a good model for sanctity of life?

o

This isn't worth a thread on its own, so I'll just slip it in here....

WASHINGTON: As Rick Santorum has emerged to become Mitt Romney's leading opponent for the Republican presidential nomination, the American electorate said Monday it had slowly begun to realize that the former Pennsylvania senator sincerely believes every deranged word that exits his mouth.

Uneasy voters told reporters it was becoming more and more evident that comments from Santorum defending sodomy laws as acceptable restrictions on "wants and passions" and characterizing pregnancy occurring through rape as a "gift" from God were not politically calculated but were, in fact, spoken out of sincere, startling conviction.

"I honestly thought he was just playing up to the far-right voters, because that's what Republicans are supposed to do in the primaries," said Grand Rapids, MI resident Dan Banks, who explained he had dismissed as manipulative campaign rhetoric Santorum's assertion that President Obama would send Christians to the guillotine. "But now it's dawning on me that this guy means it, all of it. Every single thing he says is an accurate depiction of how he sees the world."

"So, when he said that Satan was currently attacking the United States, he meant exactly that," added Banks. "Satan, the devil himself, is attacking the United States. Rick Santorum believes this is a real thing that is actually happening. I - wow. Just wow."

Gallup polls taken during the campaign show an evolving awareness among voters that Santorum is not lying about any of the horrifying things he says. For example, in August of last year, 96 percent of voters said they thought Santorum could not possibly be serious when he said gay marriage was "an issue just like 9/11," compared with only 9 percent today. And in that same time span, the number of voters who believe Santorum was not at all kidding when he said the president had a "deep-seated antipathy toward American values and traditions" has increased more than tenfold.

While few voters said they had been following Santorum long enough to have read the 2002 Catholic Online article in which he attributed sexual abuse in Boston-area Catholic churches to the "academic, political, and cultural liberalism" of the region, all agreed his performance in the current campaign was more than adequate to drive home the difference between the candidate's authentic lunacy and the obvious pandering of his primary opponents.

"I get that Romney's just mouthing words he doesn't mean and Gingrich is a really astounding hypocrite," said Seattle voter Kara Gallardo, a lifelong Republican who nevertheless admitted she felt a creeping sense of dread as she began to grasp that the words uttered by Santorum could not be more heartfelt. "But when Santorum says that contraception is dangerous because sex is supposed to be procreative, he is not messing around. If he becomes president, you know he sincerely plans to do something about it."

"I mean, with the other guys, you can dig into their past and find at least some shred of rational thinking, even if they're cynically downplaying it now," Gallardo continued. "But I get the sense Santorum is speaking nothing but his completely unfiltered thoughts. I know it's weird to say this about a politician, but I sort of wish he were lying to my face at least a little."

While most voters said they grew progressively more troubled as they fully registered the fact that Santorum was being entirely earnest when he said Social Security was underfunded because abortions had critically reduced the number of potential taxpayers, some were more conflicted.

"It's nice to hear a candidate espouse his opinions without your BS detector going off even once," Margate, FL voter Lisa Bearden said. "He's kind of the real deal. Say what you will, but there's no denying he's got genuine integrity."

"Yep, terrifyingly genuine integrity," Bearden added. "

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Curses! I fell for it.

David The Onion strikes again.

o

So did I. A very well-written article and, since it conforms to my beliefs about Santorum, I was totally taken in. It reminds me of a quiz for TV viewers showing FOX viewers were the least informed of the population re current affairs. There were two questions (I answered 11 of 13 correctly) that I didn't know the answer to. I answered one to conform with my beliefs and the other was a pure (wrong) guess. It opened my eyes - people that don't know certain facts will believe the an erroneous statement if it conforms to their prejudices/beliefs.

o

The Santorum quotes they use are actual quotes.

o

back to the OP-I find it just as disturbing that this legislator called a man who raises fighting cocks "the salt of the earth" He spoke of him as some sort of admirable person-twisted, totally twisted..

Otherwise like Demi I think it is completely rational to pass laws about women's health issues that are based on animal husbandry. Why the outrage? Arent we all animals?

o

Have any of you ever been witness to what happens on the farm when a calf fetus dies inside the cow's womb? Without immediate and proper veterinary care, the fetus rots, and the cow dies. Is the OP a proper or compassionate, or even reality based statement to make regarding women and reproduction? To say, well if farm animals can do it, women aren't different? Seriously?

Patriciae, that's what struck me, also... in the same breath fighting cocks are mentioned. Since chickens lay eggs, and pigs don't fit into the same gestation table as human beings... my thought is that these "salt of the earth folks" have no clue about human reproduction or how it works.

The evidence would be in the information Kate provded us with... thank you, Kate.

I can just see it now... the old vet truck comes down the driveway, and out climbs a good old boy, plastic gloves up to his shoulders, stainless steel chains and hooks in hand, and says, "well, where's the wife... let's get this dead, rotted fetus out of her before she cain't bear no more sons for ya, or cook yer meals and take care of yer chores for ya. I'll leave ya with a balling gun and some antibiotic pills, just in case... stuff one down her gullet couple times a day... that oughta do her."

Just what modern women need.

This is what happens when education becomes secondary to greed and other things, and we allow the religious extremists to have a little airtime and dig in their stagnant, tradition based ideals, completely medically and reality lacking.

I'm appalled at the ideas expressed within the OP, but even more so by the defense of such rubbish.

Once you've actually witnessed what happens on farms, there is NO way in hell you could possibly compare human beings to livestock! I've witnessed farm activity often enough to realize the vast differences between our modern medical world and what women deserve... and it comes nowhere NEAR what happen on the typical, or even atypical farm!

I've seen dead, rotting, stinking pieces of calves cut up in utero and pulled out. I've seen the cows and their fight against infection and death. I've witnessed too much within the span of my life to ever want to step backwards in time with regards to human females and the choices we fought so hard to obtain!

"Salt of the earth" certainly does not always equal knowledgeable or intelligent... that much is clear from what I'm reading and learning about some of these elected officials... and I use the term loosely, because I can't for the life of me figure out who would vote them into an official office and give them power to legislate. Good grief!

o

One might think from his stupid comparison that poor Terry is just a dumb poser who doesn't understand the difference between a sow and a woman but the guy has farm cred. He owns a farm supply operation and is owner of Pete's Little Idaho Tater Farm. He won his election by 99% so Terry can say whatever he dang well wants to say and you libruls can just suck it.

He is a member of the Winder-Barrow Young Men's Christian Association Board, President/Director/Board Member of the Barrow County Farm Bureau, and is a member of the Baptist Men's Fellowship Group, First Baptist Church, Georgia Farm Bureau State Board of Directors, and the Alumni Executive Council of the National Future Farmers of America.[1]

Here is a link that might be useful: Terry England knows manure

o
RE: Young Love...

KT, some extremely rural and slightly atypical farmers have their first sexual experiences with their livestock, too... doesn't make them experts on the female OR sex!

But it IS easy to see where this one managed to gain his education... if you can call it that.

I wonder what constitutes 99% in such a district... 12 other farmers of like mind?

o

I wonder did he consult his fellow Republican Horsley, the mule-lover?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link.

o

Is this guy Ricky's cousin? This has to be a new low for the GOP. Now we're compared to farm animals. 2012 is indeed the year of the woman, hear us roar..

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 17:40

Is this guy Ricky's cousin? This has to be a new low for the GOP. Now we're compared to farm animals. 2012 is indeed the year of the woman, hear us roar..

I'm sorry, Lily, just had to chuckle with your last sentence. I guess jungle animals are okay?

;)

o

I posted that as I was hurrying out the door. In the car, I got it. Joke's on me.

o

The Santorum quotes they use are actual quotes.

Every so often, the Onion's satire turns out to be real.

He said all this, now what could be the downplay line for the damage controlls..."yeah but he doesn't actually mean it"?

Note the silence on this Republican comparing women to cows and pigs.

o

It's somewhat amusing that feeble attempts are made to make people accountable for something they did not say, when the accuser is impotent to substantiate their own claims.

What can we expect, however, when some find it less effort and more gratifying to trash other posters than engage in civil discourse?

o

"Note the silence on this Republican comparing women to cows and pigs."

Got to be a very boring subject after about 50 thousand times or so. My humble opinion.

Can we go back to talking about greed?

Hay

o

Oh, Hay, there's enough greed.

Let's talk about personal responsibility--there's not enough of that! :)

o

I guess when "personal responsibility" doesn't take into account how anything might affect the next guy in so doing... then, yes... not enough of that.

Greed... way too much... if we could maybe issue a little personal responsibility into THAT area, we might just be able to save this nation from itself.

But those are both red herring talking points that don't address the issue(s) in the original post... and we all know this. It's called "diversion".

How on earth is it ok to compare women to livestock as though all we are good for is brood stock? And then to see that there are actually representatives in office, or that are running for office, that think fornicating with livestock is just the cat's meow, and is every teen's dream date... oh, my...

Only in America, folks... only in America.

o

"fornicating with livestock"

I am so, so glad I live in the suburbs.

o

In the suburbs, I'd imagine one would probably have to subscribe to some specialty websites or channels, or there's always the local zoo... there have been plenty of bizarre news articles printed across the nation at one time or another... the suburbs and cities have their fair share of strange occurrences and residents, as well, and are not immune.

o

Diversion is putting it mildly.

And those people think they can lecture others.

o

"Diversion is putting it mildly."

Thank goodness for the diversion. It's the only thing that makes these posts worthwhile. Better diverted than bored to death with the same ole.

Figures.

Yeah, right.

Crickets.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Pathetic.

WHO CARES!!!!

Hay

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 10:02

Who cares ? Well obviously the majority of women care.

I don't post on every thread, if your not interested just "scroll on by" :)

o

Thank goodness for the diversion. It's the only thing that makes these posts worthwhile. Better diverted than bored to death with the same ole.

Figures.

Yeah, right.

Crickets.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Pathetic.

WHO CARES!!!!

Hay

Hay--Howling this morning!

o

Keep yapping.

True colours, for all to see.

o

LOL, what can you expect from the kindergarten crowd, the moron demographics, the liars, note the silence, pathetic, blah blah blah. I like those colors!!!

o

Crickets and projection ain't pretty.

Hay

o

Blah Blah Blah.

o

I wonder did he consult his fellow Republican Horsley, the mule-lover?

Maddie, I read the comments on your link and laughed and laughed. One of my favorites was that the poster, due to people like Horsley, "moved from Georgia to South Carolina where they have a better class of inbred morons."

I think progressives have a much better aptitude at sarcasm than conservatives. But, that probably isn't fair. The conservatives' acts and statements make it so easy.

o

Ya...where's the challenge.

The comments are a hoot. I always read them. Lots of follow-up info provided also.

o

The question of what barnyard animal best epitomizes women took up so much time that the Georgia Legislature never got around to passing a bill widely supported requiring a medical evaluation for children who get head injuries playing sports before they can go back to playing the sport (something colleges and the pros do now routinely). Dang, maybe next year they'll get around to protecting children after they've put women in their place.

o

I don't know. Finding a good ole boy from the South honest enough to tell you the realities of growing up as a young boy on a farm...

Honest Republican telling you the reality?

Who Cares?

Two old women scouring the internet night and day to find these stories?

Pathetic.

Hay

o

Well you know the young women were too busy having all that free sex and abortions the Republicans accuse them of.

o

Well, the inbred moron community doesn't stop at the South Carolina border. In North Carolina, a county board refused to accept funds from the state for birth control and other family planning/women's health matters. Why? Because those young women (sluts) need to act responsibly and stop having sex. Because, you know, men have nothing to do with this. It's just all those young women who get pregnant by themselves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stop having sex!

o

Immaculate conceptions, all of them? Where's the concern for sperm, and why is it missing in every legislature decision concerning women and birth control or pregnancy?

Is the male of the species not necessary any longer? Have women become asexual, able to impregnate ourselves?

And what about vasectomies and certain pills to cure ED? Do they still remain under the umbrella of a suddenly strangely religiously backward relationship of insurance industry and employers?

The entire matter is most confusing for those of us who are not so tightly bred... and still project rational, cognitive thought processing and problem solving skills to conclusion.

It would appear that the GOP wants this candle to burn brightly from both ends... but as we all know, it's an impossibility. One cannot have one's cake and eat it, too... especially in this particularly lacking scenario being thrust upon females.

o

I just read this essay and it is excellent. It says everything that I feel about this war on women and comparing women to pigs and cows is the ultimate degradation that these politicians have committed (at least, so far).

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 Reasons the Rest of the World Thinks the U.S. Is Nuts

o

That is excellent, dockside. Thanks for posting that.

I found this in the comments section from CanIBeFrank at 5:20 today to be right on:

The interesting thing about all this is that they have always felt this way. There are those of us who have always warned that they would not stop with outlawing abortion. It's just that this year they've stood up and ripped off the mask and told us exactly who they are and what they really think about women.
The compulsion to do so in a Presidential Election year is simply astounding, but I guess they were still feeling their oats after that wipeout in 2010

o

Most excellent essay, Dockside... though, I am surprised that there were only ten reasons given. With a little more time and thought, another ten could have easily been added, I'm sure.

The world does think we've lost our collective minds... or at least, the Republican/Fundamentalist end of it has.

I've been saying for quite some time, now... the "Good Ole Boys Club", made up of purely white males of the christian cult variety, still owns the Republican party, and they'll stop at nothing to keep the hog trough of greed flowing freely, keep all minorities down, keep the majority populace uneducated, and now they're afraid that white purity is getting a little too short... so, it's only natural that they'd want to remove any obstacles that keep white babies from pouring out into the mixed population to overtake the color wheel once more. The only thing they haven't thought through to conclusion is how to pay for all these little babies, who will surely be born to parents and single women of all races, plus mixed.

You can't say that racism and bigotry, not to mention misogynistic behavior, isn't an obvious trait of that "Good Ole Boys Club"... and what boggles my mind is how many women blindly follow behind bobbing their heads in agreement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here