Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basketball diplomacy or basketball buffoonery?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 4:50

Dennis Rodman's trip to North Korea brought back memories of the old ping pong diplomacy days with China that paved the way to a Nixon visit. Could Rodman's visit to NK do the same for an Obama visit down the road, or was this just playing Rodman for a fool to stick it to us?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basketball diplomacy or basketball buffoonery?

"playing Rodman for a fool to stick it to us?" is a pretty safe bet IMO

its going to take a lot more than him , I think.

o

OK, we could send over a whole team,,,

o

isn't that why the Harlem Globetrotters were on the trip, as well?

o

I guess that remains to be seen, but right now it seems ridiculous.

o

It was good to see ol' Dennis on the news again: one of my all-time favorite Great American personalities, now dipping his toes in international relationships.

Some years ago, Dennis and some of his cohorts all rented these really fast cars like top-of-the-line Porches and Beemers and 'vets, and were racing across country, passing through here. They got lots of speeding tickets. "What fun that must be", I said to myself.

I'd say he's aging about as well as expected. And flipping channels yesterday evening, why, there was Dennis on Celebrity Apprentice, that garbage, contrived spectacle show with Donald Trump!

o

I don't care for basketball... all the sneakers squeaking on the court floor drives me as nuts as fingernails on a chalkboard... though that's not why I dislike the game.

Don't we have ambassadors to pave the way to peace and talks with other nations?

o

In many/most places - yes. However, though we apparently have on going talks with North Korea, there is no exchange of ambassadors.

According to ESPN, Dennis is the highest-profile American to meet North Korea's new leader, Kim Jong Un.

Perhaps they meant TALLEST American.

o

Hmm... don't know that I'd send someone who would look so far down on North Korea's leaders... ;-)

o

Buffoonery. Check Jimmy Kimmel's interpretation of Rodman's comments given to Matt Lauer. Hilarious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here