Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Come fly with me? Maybe not!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 6:20

Yesterday a captain of Jet Blue cracked up during a flight to Vegas and last week an attendant flipped out. Could it be something in the air at higher altitudes that is impacting these employees or just world events? I'll be taking a bus or train for the time being...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Come fly with me? Maybe not!

Its a bit hard for me to take a bus or train if I want to come and visit you!!

o

No incident with the plane itself, was there? didn't think so.

I'll keep flying - no problem. And I'll ride trains even though some derail. And I'll get in cars, whether taxis, those driven by others or those I drive, even though accidents happen daily.

much ado about nothing.

o

Swim!

o
RE: Come fly with me? Maybe not!8

sharks!!

o
RE: fly with me? Maybe not!

Swim fast!

o
RE: Come fly with me? Maybe not!7

they swim faster!!!

o
RE:with me? Maybe not!

Sook!

o

I've never even been on a larger plane than a 2 seater, but I'd fly... if I could afford to!

o

I have to fly. I dread it. The idiot security. Idiot because all they do is hassle regular people (other more dangerous people are getting things through. False sense of "security"). The cabin filled with diseases floating around. And now this! Ick. My favorite flight encounter was when they quit providing meals on flights, but I was approached and asked if I wanted "breakfast". I swear, that's the word they used (but then, SouthWest is known for their humor). And then I was handed a two cookie packet. I'll never forget that. Cookies are breakfast?! Yay! My kind of breakfast.

I'd rather hear Michel Buble sing Fever than Come Fly with Me. But there sure are a lot of people who would disagree with me.

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube-Buble's version of Fever

o

Before my retirement I was on a plane more time than I was on the ground. I went through some pretty bad times on those planes. I have enough frequent flyer miles to fly for free to anywhere I could dream for free for a year. But since I have retired I have not had the desire to get on a plane.

I should write a book on the air travel experiences. Travel before 9/11 was fun and a very enjoyable mode of travel. At this time fun it is not. You have to get to the airport in my city 3 hours before your flight. Because of all the security check you get dressed and get undressed to go through security. It just was not a pleasant trip anymore.

Suggestion for any that are planning a that is 3 or more hours try to make sure you get to fly on a 787. They have lazyboy seats, you have your personal screen. You will feel like you are at home in your family room. I think all the seats are the same, because I was a frequent flyer I was always upgraded to first class.

o

I've been lucky--polite TSA and flight personnel, adequate room in the seat, and I don't care about the food because I've slways brought my own anyway. Smoking would be nice, but you can't have everything.

o

I really, really hate to fly and people who hate to fly tend to end up flying all over the world. How do I know? Just ASK me ;)

Hate it.

Especially since it's become a cattle car type of operation. My husband still flies all the time, me not so much anymore. I don't think I've been on a plane for three years now.

o

I'm OK with flying, it's the three hours before and after the flight that make me cranky.

o

What about those tiny commuter planes and I use that plane word lightly. It is a sardine can that they squeeze you into. Those flights should come with a can opener so you can get out of them at the end of the flight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here