Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Joe the Plumber won a primary and will

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 6:24

be running for Congress. Is it time for an average citizen to go to Washington and take back our country? Why not? Surely things could get not much more screwed up...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Joe the Plumber won a primary and will

Right on that.

o

Don't you mean... "Joe, the Not Real Plumber"?

Oh, great... just what we need... ex donkey lovers, officials that think women compare perfectly with barnyard animals, and now this... what a collection.

o

Under which party is he running? Just curious.

I feel sorry for his congressional area.

o

I don't know his party. But sounds like he is the guy that the majority want to represent them. The American way.

o

I saw him interviewed on TV. Let's just, say not my cuppa TEA !

o

Does anyone even know what he stands for?

Didn't we try this already with the Tea Partiers in Congress who screwed up our nation's credit rating and stalled our economic recovery by derailing a deficit reduction plan supported by both Party's leaders and NOT compromising on the debt ceiling?

I seriously doubt the American people are going to make that mistake again.

o

He won the Republican nomination in a heavily-favored Democratic district.

"The plumber - " known to his family as Samuel Wurzelbacher - " clinched Ohio’s Ninth District congressional race as a Republican. His next step is to defeat longtime Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur, who also enjoyed a victory Tuesday, beating Rep. Dennis Kucinich. The Democrats had been forced to campaign against each other after their respective congressional districts were remapped into a single district, which now spans the shore of Lake Erie from Cleveland to Toledo."

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
RE: Politicians: The New Breed

KT - some planks in the plumber's platform...

Wurzelbacher's beholden to no political party, but running as a Republican because he needs to raise money to wage a serious campaign.

Likes Cain's 9-9-9 tax reform plan, "it's the key to prosperity and job creation".

Calls himself an outsider poised to fix government, which is riddled with dysfunction and ineffective career politicians.

Wants to dismantle federal bureaucracies and undo job-killing government regulations... singles out the Environmental Protection Agency, wants to strip the agency of its powers. "I drive a big Dodge four-by-four truck and I love leaving a carbon footprint wherever I go."

Second Amendment not only allows citizens to have guns, but requires it. "I think the way to keep tyranny at bay, or to keep an out-of-control government at bay, is to keep an armed populace."

o

If he supports Cain's plan then he is running on a platform to give more tax breaks to the wealthy and run up the deficit. This is why people like him should stick to unclogging toilets. He doesn't have a clue.

o

Hey he get the support of GOPROUD but he would never let them near his children (it's catching yah know.
He will work for jobs for all Usians even hom-shexsules & CNN were just playing gotcha journalism.

Is Joe's state a homo right to work state I wonder?
Opps I looked it up if joe the not plumber finds out that his not assistant for the last 10 years has been secretly a mo, no problem OHIO has not protection to keep private employers from firing a tax payer, a non criminal from a job .
AIN'T THAT AMERIKU land of the free AIN'T THAT AMERIKUH

You know NIK you may be right I may be a part of a hate this AMERIKUH crowd. It won't be spelled right till it does right by being equal for everyone not just the extreme right.
Just a bit cranky this mornin!

Samuel started his public career with a lie wonder where it will end your right MrsK rights are bestowed at will that's why they are grants not rights!
When it's a subject of the will of the people it's a
accommodation, a grant an amends for previous bad behavior of the state, it's emotionalism.
Well at least OHIO has public employment protection Georgia doesn't even have that nor does that other bastion of equality Louisiana.
I'm sure Joe is a swell guy & I wish him well in exposing himself.

o

That doofus who's only claim to fame is he asked Obama a question. OMG..Sarah Palin in a man's clothes. Pity the idiots who voted for him.

o

Let em run he gets really spikey if asked questions that are not part of talking points. I would too as I really am not qualified to run for public office because of my general opinions generally speaking!

o

Whenever I hear a politician wants to eliminate the EPA or de-fund it (same thing), it sets my teeth on edge. If he advocates teaching "creationism" in schools it will complete the package.
Another loser willing to bring us all down.

o

His next step is to defeat longtime Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur

Joe the Plumber GOP sacrificial (and not-so-innocent) lamb is looking to expand his 15 minutes of fame.

o

You mean the guy who lied about his name, his profession and his income actually won an election.... that liar will fit right in with the rest of the politicians.

o

Second Amendment not only allows citizens to have guns, but requires it. "I think the way to keep tyranny at bay, or to keep an out-of-control government at bay, is to keep an armed populace."

I don't intend to divert this thread, but Joe might want to wonder why people need to carry guns when they go shopping or leave them in a vehicle with children. Two days ago, in Washington state, a man was in a local Walgreens, supposedly reached into his rear pocket to get his wallet, and the gun he was carrying back there went off, hit a light fixture and something else, but, thankfully, not a person. The same day, I think, in another small town, a police officer's child was shot and killed when his other child accidently shot his brother with a loaded gun left in the police officer's private vehicle. The officer and his wife were near the car and heard the shot. Very tragic. But, we have to be armed to keep those bad guys from taking our stuff. Or for whatever reason people feel so scared that they have to bring a loaded gun with them to go shopping.

o

You just never know when an orchestra section might perceive a threat having the conductor waving a baton in their direction... Yeah, I'm at peace knowing someone in my row at the symphony is "carrying". NOT!

o

I'm all for protecting one's home and family, but when you risk innocent lives by carrying loaded handguns in pockets, when they belong in holsters with safety latches, and you actually feel THAT paranoid while shopping... maybe it's time to move to a place where you do feel safer...

There's a huge difference between all these "basic stupidity/lack of common sense" stories and the safety and responsibility utilized by people who are conscious of what guns can do and treat them as such.

This guy, Joe the not plumber, hasn't a clue.

o

Mayhaps not but as K pointed out you don't need a clue when you got votes

o

gee no more posts .....goood!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here