Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easter, Spring, a time of rebirth ....

Posted by denninmi 6A SE Michigan (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 7:04

And that is exactly how I feel. I had the BEST consultation Friday afternoon with a new doctor, who completely agrees with my therapist that I have "C-PTSD" rather than bipolar. So, I am starting the lengthy process of gradual withdrawal from the mood stabilizer drug I have taken for 6 months. And replacing it with .... NOTHING! She felt, after an hour and a half of conversation, that I really don't need anything except ambien for insomnia as long as things go well, since I managed to get a handle on my anxiety issues through "cognitive behavior therapy" - in other words, talking myself down from a panic attack. I can sum up my feelings on walking out of that office Friday afternoon in one word - VICTORY!

It was a pleasant, warm, sunny afternoon here Friday, after that, I ran down to Dearborn, Michigan, home of Ford and the locally famous Dearborn Ham Co, and picked up the toy I ordered a few months ago, a blazing orange Prodeco Outlaw SS E-bike. The short test rides yesterday were great, both in manual pedaling and under motor. This thing is a 60lb beast with the thickest frame and suspension I have ever seen, and I look forward to hitting some pretty rugged trails at some of our parks once I get it totally outfitted. No ham, not on my diet, but a lot of Easter eggs, can't beat a hard boiled egg for nutrition and convenience, peel and go.

They gave my poor overworked PT the day off, for which I was glad because he's a great kid and deserves it, so no gym, I'm just about to hit the road on my very first "official" training ride of the year. 5k in 2013, and I want to get in at least 3 century rides after I'm back in peak condition. 25 is the goal today, the centuries won't come until July.

Have a happy and joyous Easter and Passover, everyone. Namaste,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easter, Spring, a time of rebirth ....

What a wonderful , uplifting way to start my Easter Sunday !

Happy Easter to you too !

Sharon

o

Most awesome! :-)

Sometimes, it takes a while to find the correct diagnosis that you and your doctors all feel is the right one, and the treatment options that give the results you're all looking for. Been down that road, myself... but you can't stop searching for what's right until you find it... glad you found it, and glad you feel more comfortable!

o

denn, that is fabulous news! Have a wonderful day and enjoy that new bike. Fresh air and exercise are wonderful things.

o

Great news, denn! And exercise is a great mood-elevating activity. Do enjoy your Easter and the spirit that propels it.

o

Nice to hear good news on any day, but this one is pretty special. Good luck!

o

Ditto to what Pidge said.

Congrats on your bike and your good news!

o

Sounds right. Now that you know you can do it you just need to stay alert for when it starts. Kinda sounds like playing Wack-a-Mole doesn't it?.

Congratulations.

o

Cool beans. I never doubted your ability to win. Happy Easter, happy spring--Den and all ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here