Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The City of Sanford stinks and

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Fri, Mar 30, 12 at 9:31

I can smell it from here - 120 miles away.
The fetid odor of a stagnant swamp emanates from the Police Dept. From the City Council there is combination of the body odors associated with fear and cowardice. The City Manager's Office reeks of the funk associated with a turtle who has been on a fence post for some time. Compare Sanford's incumbent City Manager with an Acting City Manager HERE
Throw in the TMAU of a few red herrings; add the halitosis that accompanies false testimony, the choking effect of smoke from screens of the same name and maybe, just maybe you will get an idea of the stench.
And at last I can tell my daughter that I can empathize with the discomfort she experienced on a trip to Forsyth, GA a few years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The City of Sanford stinks and

*And now back to our regularly scheduled programming*

o

Rona, the wind must be blowing in this direction... because I smell it, too. It reeks of fear and injustice, of untruths and scrambling to cover up the truths. And hopefully, it will end in a changing of the guards for that area, and true justice based on facts and real evidence, not manufactured.

o

It's difficult to overlook the fact that his father is a retired judge. Do they have political machine type government there? Does "Daddy" still have influence?

Maybe all of this will come out one day. But I doubt that it will.

o

Wait until the facts are in before jumping to conclusions. A video enhancement does support Zimmerman's claim that he was jumped and thrown to the ground. You can see lacerations on the back of his head and the police report does state he came in with a bloody nose and lacerations to the back of his head.

Further investigation will show the angle of the bullet as it entered the young man's body. It will show blood spatters on their clothing. These things and others will either support or dispute Zimmerman's claim of being attacked.

Sadly, even if the facts do show he acted in self-defense there will always be the belief that there was a cover-up.
There are so many "leaders" fanning the flames of racism that I'm afraid of the repurcussions we will see in our country. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're going to see race riots in the streets like we've never seen before.

I just want to learn what the facts are before I pass judgement on either of the two people involved in this shooting. I wish other people felt this way.

o

I feel exactly the same way, Mona. A lot of us do. And if you scroll thru the Zimmerman and This Just In threads, you will see some really out of control people who are itchin' for a lynchin'. The very type of behavior they think they hate. I mean there are people here who really love the word--hate. It's mind-blowing.

o

Once again, the outrage is because the police just let the guy go free.

Thanks to the outrage, now its before a grand jury. And we'll see.

o

David, what should they have done? Arrest him? And on what charges? They brought him in in handcuffs. He was questioned and released after he stated he was the one attacked and feared for his life. The police report confirms he had injuries consistant with his story.

He should be treated differently because the victim was African American and he isn't? What would your position be if Zimmerman was an African American male?

The one thing I think he did do wrong was to continue to follow the young man after the dispatcher told him not to. But that doesn't mean he is a murderer. He may be proven to be just that, but at this point in time it's not been proven.

o

All we want is for Zimmerman to be arrested for killing an unarmed kid. After than , it's up to the courts to decide the verdict based on evidence. There is no disputing there was a fight. Tray didn't know who this menacing looking guy was following him when he was just coming from the store..not doing anything wrong. This Zimmerman, as evidenced by his mug shot, has a police record. Their brothers maybe speak to who they were/are. Tray's is a soft spoken polite college student. Zimmerman's is as belligerent in his speech as his brother.

o
friends?

And you know this about both of the people involved because?
This is what you've read? or they are/were close personal friends and you know their families?

o
RE: Slander

The news reports say that Martin was a 17 year old high school student suspended for 2 weeks from school for possession of drug paraphanelia, specifically, a baggie containng tetrahydrocannabinol residue. Not a "soft spoken college student".

It also appears that Zimmerman has a clean criminal and traffic record.

Now that you know your facts are incorrect, continuing to spread them is slander.

Correct me if I am wrong about what I just stated, seriously.

o

I wasn't there I don't know what happened but the smell of the forum comes through the screen.

o

"The news reports say that Martin was a 17 year old high school student suspended for 2 weeks from school for possession of drug paraphanelia, specifically, a baggie containng tetrahydrocannabinol residue. Not a "soft spoken college student"."

Did you go to college? Trust me, there are MANY "soft spoken college students" who have empty bags of weed.

Can you even read your own posts and keep a straight face?

o

Hmm, just to play "devils advocate here", wonder how that baggie got into the possession of Trayvon Martin, where it was found, what he was doing with it.

Could it be that he picked it up off the floor in school not knowing what it was and was planning to throw it out but, alas, he didn't have a chance before he was caught with it?

Could it be that someone borrowed his jacket and left the baggie in the pocket of the jacket?

Could it be that it was planted on him for some unknown reason?

And yes, it could be that he was in possession of the baggie because it contained to residue of "weed", yup that's what tetrhydrocannabinol residue is, residue of the infamous marijuana.

Now if that makes Trayvon Martin a criminal, deserving of suspicion as he was, assumed to be some kind of criminal and ultimately shot dead, we have some very serious problems in our society.

Wannabe police officers, vigilantes running around with loaded guns looking for trouble, now that is a problem we all need to be concerned with.

o

Deflection...

LIF: I didn't say Martin was a criminal; I said why he was suspended from school. I did say that it appears that Zimmerman is not a criminal either. (Yet)

I'm not defending Zimmerman, I'm defending his constitutional rights. What about it, Lil? Are you going to keep printing on this public forum that Zimmerman has a criminal record?

o

A young man who was doing nothing wrong, who had every right to be where he was is DEAD....that would be DEAD...Dead is a big word.

Killed by a man with a gun who was told that police they were on their way and to stand down.

What happened on the intervening minutes we don't know but it had nothing to do with the fact the boy was suspended for traces of grass in his back pack......nothing.

o

Yes None of us were there so any additional information is neutral to proven other wise no matter how it appears to be spiced.

o

I'm not saying Martin was a criminal, either. I'm also not saying Zimmerman is innocent. I don't know and neither does anyone else not directly involved with this case as a participant or as a witness.

What I am saying is that IF the facts show that Zimmerman acted in self defense that there will be people who will never be convinced that this wasn't a cover-up.

Can you accept the fact that that what I'm saying is true? And that this will cause a racial divide the likes we've never seen before?

I just resent the fact that the media will say and do anything for the ratings before the facts have been studied.
This serves no purpose other than to drive the public into a frenzied rage that will cause harm to many communities.

o

What I don't understand, is that the police didn't arrest him because he claimed he killed "in self-defence". If the guy who shot 7 students at Oakland had made the same claim, would he not have been arrested either?

Killing is killing, and whatever the alleged circumstances, demands immediate and thorough investigation..

o

Elvis ..Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said Trayvon's brother was interviewed, and he was a very quiet soft spoken kid. Zimmerman's brother was on Piers Morgan and he sounded belligerent. >Tray had a baggie with Marijuana residue and was suspended from school , so that means he's a criminal? Why do you think there is a MUG shot of Zimmerman? . Because he was arrested for assaulting a police officer AND a girlfriend. Do you even read the news?

o

Sadly, even if the facts do show he acted in self-defense there will always be the belief that there was a cover-up.
There are so many "leaders" fanning the flames of racism that I'm afraid of the repurcussions we will see in our country

Which "leaders" are you referring to? Do you mean racism by blacks against whites? Can you provide quotations from them to illustrate what you are talking about?

As far as facts. listen to the 911 tape. Do you think that he is calling Trayvon a fing coon or not? Whate crime did Zimmerman suspect Trayvon committed that warranted hunting him down with a gun and killing him? Loitering like some of the other black kids that zimmerman had called police about before?
There is no right of self defense for an armed person that stalks an unarmed innocent pedestrian in the dark. Zimmerman deserved to be punched in the nose and pushed down to the ground. i would have done the same thing to a creep like him that was following me in the dark and speaking quietly into his phone. The problem is that if you don't have a gun, a creep like this can decide to blow you away, and then claim self defense.

o

heri, this was the topic on The View the other day and the white members of the panel seemed convinced that Zimmerman was guilty of murdering the young man. That show reaches a lot of people that trust these ladies to know what they're talking about. And I also include Jackson and Sharpton as people who are making the situation worse every day.

In another state without a Stand Your Ground Law, Zimmerman would have been arrested, but in Florida that law takes precedence over the events if Zimmerman claims self-defense.

We have a Neighborhood Watch program in our community. We don't have armed people patrolling our streets, but if we see anybody loitering, walking around at odd hours, ringing doorbells and going into peoples' yards, we do notify the police and alert our neighbors to the possibility of a problem. And for what it's worth...our neighborhood is racially mixed. We don't look at skin color when we report potential problems.

o

I agree with Littleone.

Should we immediately murder any kids carrying empty baggies that may have contained marijuana at one time?

Should we immediately implement armed neighborhood vigilante groups just to ensure that any kids who may have empty baggies in their possession are shot?

Should we make it a law that police are to be ignored when issuing orders not to pursue?

Frank, I wonder sometimes, too, how people can can hit "submit" after previewing some of the detritus that emanates from their keyboards. It boggles the mind.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 14:02

The one thing I think he did do wrong was to continue to follow the young man after the dispatcher told him not to. But that doesn't mean he is a murderer. He may be proven to be just that, but at this point in time it's not been proven.

He continued to pursue the kid even when he was told not to. He killed an unarmed kid. What do you call that?

We don't look at skin color when we report potential problems.

Seriously? That fact doesn't enter the description you provide the police?

o

natal, I don't know what to call that yet...it could be an unjustified killing or it could be justified self-defense.
You don't know yet what it either, so let's not rush to judgement until all of the evidence is in.

About the skin color impacting our reports...I meant we call in reports whether the persons are dark skinned or light skinned. We don't reserve our reports simply to report dark skinned persons.

o

Thank you, Lily, for setting the record straight: that Zimmerman is not clean; in fact, he DOES have a record of assault. How did some of you here miss that fact???

o

If anyone was acting in self defense it sounds as if it may have been the young victim.

Unarmed, doing nothing wrong, in a neighbourhood he had every right to be in....shot dead by a man with a gun who was told to stand down and knew full well the police were on the way.

I'd be damned scared too and maybe even would have tried to defend myself from a man with no official status pursuing me with a gun!

Personally I don't think this was a racially motivated case. I think if it had been a white kid or a Hispanic kid in a hoodie, in this guys "space" it would have gone down the same way. To me its more about his 'wannabe" attitude than anything else...but I know exactly what everyone else knows , including BP...nada,

o

heri""""""""""Which "leaders" are you referring to? Do you mean racism by blacks against whites? Can you provide quotations from them to illustrate what you are talking about?

heri said on Zimmerman II """""""""""""""""""More ugly racial profiling.
The "new black panthers' call for Zimmerman's arrest just like most other black people and sensible people are calling for."

As I said on the Zimmerman II post heri check out the video. The new black panther leader makes no bones about being a racist. Plenty of racism by blacks against whites. Of course you didn't respond on the Zimmerman II thread so I don't really expect you to respond here either...........but it's there, on video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nope, not a black racist

o

I watched the whole thing, Mona. Would NOT want to run into the guy on the speaker's left, in a dark alley. I went to a high school where the Black Panthers came on a daily basis right after the MLK assasination. Glass was flying, there were stabbings and lootings, anarchy prevailed. First ones out of the lunchroom were the teachers on riot days. They were followed by some very scared looking cops, then the students, all colors.
The heart of the mob was the Black Panthers, all dressed up with their special T-shirts and black berets. Real freedom fighters. I still get a stomach ache to think about this.

o

OMG, how can anyone watch this video and not see that this man is crazy? Trayvon's parents want nothing to do with him or his group and yet he insists upon inserting himself into the center of the melee.

I have a few Black relatives and quite a few Black friends who would NEVER subscribe to this man's radical philosphy. They happen to be well educated and well informed people who know the right thing to do is to wait for the whole story to come out before they form an opinion. And especially an opinion that calls for a man to have a bounty on his head.

Anyone who believes what the Black Panthers are saying is living in LA-LA Land. It should be obvious to anyone with a brain larger than a pea that this man is trying to promote his name and image and become "THE TRUE REPRESENTATIVE" of the African American population. God help this country if he ever does get that kind of power!

My friends are too smart to fall for his tactics and yet it seems many of you are allowing yourselves to be played.

For goodness sake, wise up. Don't get caught up in a cry for Vengeance. Cry out for Justice, and not the kind of street Justice this rabble rouser is promoting.

o

"The one thing I think he did do wrong was to continue to follow the young man after the dispatcher told him not to. But that doesn't mean he is a murderer. He may be proven to be just that, but at this point in time it's not been proven"

No. Factually inaccurate.

Z arranged to meet the police at Z's truck.

From the transcript:

Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the
officer when they get out there?
Zimmerman: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the
club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they
go past the mailboxes, that�s my truck...[unintelligible]

"He continued to pursue the kid even when he was told not to."

No.

After M lost him in the apartment complex, Z was returning to his truck, at 911 operators behest. M jumped Z, and was witnessed beating Z. Z shoots M.

Please read all the thread on this, there's plenty. And then decide for yourself.

The facts are plain, it's the BS that gets spouted by uninformed and supposedly "fair minded" people that have an axe to grind with society at large that are the problem.

o

Turning the good people against each other for their own devious (publicity?) purposes, and using these two tragic people as their pawns. And us. It stinks to high heaven.

o
Rabble Rousers

" It should be obvious to anyone with a brain larger than a pea that this man is trying to promote his name and image and become "THE TRUE REPRESENTATIVE" of the African American population. "

Mona, I agree the "new black panthers" are not a true representative of the Black population. The reason for linking to the video was due to the following post by heri.

heri""""""""""Which "leaders" are you referring to? Do you mean racism by blacks against whites? Can you provide quotations from them to illustrate what you are talking about?

heri said on Zimmerman II """""""""""""""""""More ugly racial profiling.
The "new black panthers' call for Zimmerman's arrest just like most other black people and sensible people are calling for."

#1. This video shows racism by blacks against whites which heri constantly argues doesn't exist. I in no way believe that the majority of Black people feel this way any more than I feel that the majority of White people are racists as regularly asserted by heri.
#2. heri stated that the "new black panthers" only called for Zimmerman's arrest. Maybe he should watch the video again, and again, and again.

People of this ilk claim to be out there to help the Black community when all they actually do is stir up hatred and trouble

o

Lady, you said it beautifully!

o

The New Black Panthers are a fringe , radical group. Heck even the "old" Black Panthers disavow them. I compare them to the extreme militia groups that exist in many States. Lots of them are very, scary too.

Hatred and racism is not limited to any group nor does it spare any group... but the truth is some groups are targeted more than others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here