Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dirty Energy Money

Posted by brushworks Zone5-Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 10:02

Follow the money by zip code, state, district, or just choose a name to get an estimate of how much bribe/dirty money our servants take in from Dirty Energy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow The Money

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dirty Energy Money

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 10:28

John Boehner (R-OH08)
Representative
$1,842,091

Rob Portman (R-OH)
Senator
$655,574

Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
Senator
$241,200

Marcia Fudge (D-OH11)
Representative
$28,775

o

I checked my guys, and low and behold, both the Republican and Democrats are swimming in all kinds of oil money campaign contributions.

I wonder if that might influence their decisions?

o

$167,225
$293,670
$134,700
-------------
$595,595 taken by Illinois Representatives from energy industry.

I'm thinking this greatly influences their decisions and votes.

o

Whoa, we only have Senator Feinstein that can compete with your elected officials.

Senator Dianne Feinstein -- $308,625 since 1999
Senator Barbara Boxer -- $86,350 since 1999
Rep Henry Waxman -- $71,000 since 1999

Maybe Boxer and Waxman are not on any committees deciding energy matters, or they're already known as commie tree huggers.

o

That's pretty interesting, Brush, thanks.

In my district Scott Brown is dripping with oil; John Kerry is about as clean as they get.

o

Interesting put in my zip it didn't bring up my Congressman Nadler!

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 21:51

Amy Klobuchar Mn
Senator (from what the paper editorial says, the new darling of the Dem. Party) $101,266

Al Franken Mn
Senator $45,800 (Actually not surprising)
-------------------------------
Charles Schumer $275,647
Harry Reid leader of the Senate $348,900
Sleazy is as sleazy does.

This post was edited by RpR_ on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 22:00

o

Yep, my two Republican Senators have taken in over half a million EACH. Way to go, guys.

o

Rep. Rick Berg, ND

Sen. John Hoeven, ND

Keep on frackin'!

-Ron-

o

Sen. James Inhofe, R-OK -- $1,368,600

Fracking for God money.

-Ron-

o

That is wild..it's incredible how much money they are allowed to contribute.

In Canada corporations and unions are not allowed to donate to a political campaign at all. Individuals may but the max is $1,100 in a calendar year.

Here is a link that might be useful: elections Canada campaign donations rules

o

Did anybody check on Mary Landrieu?

Of course she's from oil rich LA, so I expected it to be what it is.

$1,251,073

o

Joe,

Jerrold Nadler (D-NY10) ?

Less than John Kerry.

$38,000.00

o

So by and large the Democrats are taking quite a bit less money than Republicans from oil and dirty energy folks?

o

Esh, I think the money is distributed according to the influence the representative has in Washington.

Which makes sense for the oil and coal companies.

Joe Manchin gets big money from coal...90% of his $1,049,448 is from coal....because WV is all about coal. Their coal passes through my backyard every morning.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 8:28

I am sure you forgot Vitter Brush :)

David Vitter (R-LA)
Senator
$1,234,924

o

Right, so for some "reason" Republicans have more influence in general than Democrats ... perhaps because they are in bed with the energy folks regardless.

John Boehner, for example, getting $1.8 million. Is Ohio a big energy state?

o

Ohio is a huge energy state. Especially fracked oil and natural gas, coal is still mined in southern Ohio and Ohio builds and sells billions of $$ worth of mining and fracking equipment.

AEP, an Ohio Power Company is 80% coal fired and will be until 2015.

Edited to add:

The reason AEP has continued coal fired power plants is because the representatives were paid and did not pursue them. Simple as that.

This post was edited by brushworks on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 9:17

o

If there were only a way to keep politicians from accepting bribe money... I mean, campaign donations from corporate America, the people might actually get real representation in Washington!

o

What about the two Senators in Georgia - one getting over $600K and the other getting over $500K. I didn't think that Georgia was considered an energy state.

o

They bribe 'contribute' to everyone, all parties, just to keep everybody happy, and more heavily to individuals depending on what committees they're on.

So if you're on the committee that determines severance taxes: big money!

Phil Anchutz, Colorado's #1 tycoon, was dabbling in railroads, and wanted to consolidate two lines running through Colorado, closing one main branch. So he contributed around $10,000 to everybody in the legislature, with about 2X that going to the committee members, both parties, that would decide the issue. So lets call it $1,000,000 in contributions. He got his wish, they closed the branch (driving thriving communities and an entire regional economy in the ditch) and a couple years later, sold the railroads with a 2 billion dollar profit.

Same thing with the energy companies - just pay off everybody, and thats why we don't move far more rapidly to renewables - like the rest of the world.

o

Lots of info here. Enough to keep you busy for a few days.

Here is a link that might be useful: Layers of Energy Info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here