Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If the Legislative Branch were...

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 13:07

A person: I would picture her/him as an old and feeble-minded but pompous ass.
An employee: I would recommend her/him be retired or fired.
A potential employee: Her/His resume would not make it past keywords like "initiative" and "decision-making" so (s)he would not be interviewed.
My child: I would send her/him to her/his room for petulant behavior.
A farm animal or plant: I would cull it for being unproductive.
A similar post for the Administrative Branch is a WIP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If the Legislative Branch were...

I'll second that. It kinda reminds me of what they do with the wild blueberry fields up here every year. As soon as they stop being productive each year, they burn the fields to purge them of all unproductive growth, so that new more productive growth can grow.

o

Love it; converting all non-productive organic life forms into carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses! Young growth is mostly water, not so much carbon compounds.

o

Love it; converting all non-productive organic life forms into carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses! Young growth is mostly water, not so much carbon compounds.

Millions of acres undergo prescribed burns every season. And they call it working against with nature.

o

Well there are "prescribed burns" and then there are just quick and easy ways to remove vegetation. The blueberry field burning does not appear to fit in the "prescribed burn" category.

Down here, the brush/bush hog is the vehicle of choice for vegetation removal in fields.

o

Georgia has prescribed burns. Not for the home gardener, but the commercial growers participate in prescribed burns.

o

We don't have much large production of berries, so I'm not sure how that would be handled... but the corn and soybean stubble left in the field over winter is considered "minimum till" and is good for the field, both with regard to erosion prevention and decomposition for soil nutrients. In spring, it's tilled under.

Back to the regularly scheduled program...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here