Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Trial for Amanda Knox

Posted by stephf 5a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 15:10

I've followed this case from the beginning, and I'm still on the fence as to whether she did it or not.

Apparently the Italian Court is on the fence too, considering this is the second time they've changed their mind about her. First she was convicted, then her conviction was overturned on appeal and now the Supreme Court has ordered a new trial.

It's one thing to be on the fence as an outside observer, but you'd think the Court would make up its damn mind already.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Trial for Amanda Knox

Apparently the Italian Court is on the fence too

The case made its way through the appeals process.

Original trial = conviction.
Appeals court in Florence = overturned conviction.
Supreme court in Rome = order for new trial.

Italy sent two sailors to India to be tried for the deaths of two fishermen. I doubt that the U.S. will send Ms. Knox to Italy for a new trial.

o

She is never going back...........

I have no idea if she is guilty or innocent.

In some ways I hope she is guilty because no one who is innocent should have to live with this never ending nightmare.

However if she is guilty.....a well deserved nightmare

o

Also meant to add......why on this earth do we all know about Amanda Knox ???

So sad that we do............

o

why on this earth do we all know about Amanda Knox ???

From reading La Repubblica on-line.

There was a period when you could not escape seeing daily headlines on caso Meredith. Just from the headlines you could glean the outlines of the crime and subsequent trial.

o

I did not follow the case but saw snips here and there on CNN, courtTV. I am also not sure if she was guilty or not. But goodness I would think someone would have to have mental problems from the description of the murder.

She had a "no emotion" expression through the trial. I think that was why they convicted her the first go round. It was also commented on from every commentary.

I imagine I know about it because I watch so many news stations and read lots of magazines and when I am sitting in doctor's office I read a lot on my Kindle to kill time while I wait to transport my seniors.

o

I somehow doubt she's going to rush back voluntarily for this new trial. I wonder if the Feds would extradite her.

Can you imagine the news coverage if they did. Hauling her away in cuffs, waving the flag, tears streaming down her face, her sobbing parents as well waving the flag, and shaved head goons with sunglasses could hand her over to guys in Medieval Italian judicial uniforms.

o

Not happening.......

o

We didn't give up the CIA agents in the Abu Omar case, so I don't think we'll give up Amanda Knox. She will be tried in absentia.

Someone knows who killed Meredith Kercher .....perhaps Amanda Knox

o

I'm not familiar with Italian law, but if this crime took place in the U.S, I would think that Knox would be protected by double jeopardy, no? When her conviction was overturned, it's as good as an acquittal, and she couldn't be tried for the same crime again.

I also don't think she'll get sent back. There's no doubt that the powers that be in the U.S. see the flaws in this case.

o

Anyone else see any resemblence between Knox and Arias? Pretty much the same dead eyes. I saw the Knox story on TV with no sound, thought it was Arias. Weird.

o

My daughter lived in and attended school at Perugia for five months, just like Amanda Knox, the year before the murders.

She said the Italian police are not known for their investigative skills.

What that means, I don't know
. I always thought Amanda Knox acted strange for someone that was entirely innocent.

Whether she actually participated in the murder or not, I think she knows way more than she has said.

o

I followed the case closely from the beginning, partly because I traveled so much in Italy and partly because I was once a young student in a foreign country. I have always thought she was innocent. My understanding was that the investigation was badly bungled. And I thought that she did show emotion in the courtroom. Also, I attributed the "dead" look to the shock of being in prison for so long and her numb feeling of deep fear.

Yes, this would never happen in the US because of double jeopardy.

o

• Posted by brute Florida 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 15:54

Quick! Who is Rudy Guede?
Didn't know, didja?
That's okay. That's the way the mainstream media wanted it.
Since this re-trial news broke, I haven't seen his name mentioned, or his photograph shown even ONCE in ANY news report.
Heck, I'm the first one to bring up his name in this thread!
So, who is Rudy Guede?
Just the black African who actually DID rape and murder Meredith Kercher.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher
But hey, the pretty white girl and her pretty white boyfriend are much more fun to photograph and talk about!
Rudy Who?

o

The article linked in the OP mentions Rudy Guede. The theory has always been that he didn't act alone.

o

Great, then why did Amanda Knox tell so many different stories, why did she blame her boss at the bar, why was there dna evidence suggesting she took part in this murder. What did Rudy say?

o

• Posted by brute Florida 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 17:25

Oh brother!
I just read the link that "mentioned Rudy Guede".
They actually devoted an entire sentence to him!
Out of numerous paragraphs and a huge photo of Amanda Knox!
No mention of his "priors" and his penchant for throwing rocks through windows to facilitate burglary, threatening people with knives, stalking white women, and who-knows-what that didn't get on his record.
All of this (plus some pretty revolting stuff) is on his Wikipedia page.

o

"Anyone else see any resemblence between Knox and Arias? Pretty much the same dead eyes. I saw the Knox story on TV with no sound, thought it was Arias. Weird."

Take a look at a random bunch of say, passport photos or mug shots. I'll bet you find a few with "dead eyes".

o

I don't see the resemblance between Knox and Arias. Knox is pretty, Arias is not.

What I know of this is what I've seen on 20/20. Elizabeth Vargas was quite involved in this story. I often thought if Knox weighed 250 pounds and was homely as a mud fence, where would be the story?

I think she acted very inappropriately and knows way more than she's telling. They may try her in absentia but she won't go back to Italy is my guess.

o

The DNA evidence was found to be flawed and the investigation was botched.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here