Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SarahPAC: Loaded for Grift...erm...Bear!

Posted by WxDano none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 17:47

Sarah Palin attempted to relaunch her political career and her political action committee, SarahPAC, on Thursday with a Web video called “Loaded for Bear,” which presented the former Alaska governor as the new kingmaker for conservative populists in the GOP.

The video riffed off her speech at CPAC, in which Palin railed against “the big consultants, the big money men, and the big bad media.” But there’s an irony alert ahead: the current stated purpose of SarahPAC is to raise money ahead of the 2014 election-"most of which will be spent on conservative consultants.

Don't believe me? Well, this is a perfect time to page through SarahPAC’s Federal Election Commission filings, which-"helpfully enough-"were just released yesterday.

Seen through the lens of the invaluable Center for Responsive Politics, Palin’s PAC spent $5.1 million in the last election cycle (more than it raised in that time period, raising some questions about Palin’s claims of fiscal responsibility).

SarahPAC recently released a new promotional video, titled "Loaded for Bear."

But the real news comes when you look at how donors’ money was actually doled out: just $298,500 to candidates. The bulk of the rest of it, more than $4.8 million, went to-"you guessed it-"consultants...[emphases added]

Much more at the link. The vast scope of the GOP grift - Rmoney paying much more for ad buys, etc., is an under-reported story.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SarahPAC: Loaded for Grift...erm...Bear!

Guess they blew through the millions and are looking for a source of income......shoulda planned better for retirement Sarah.

o

Ad concludes with Palin saying: "The next election is 20 months away, the last thing we need is Washington DC vetting our candidates." And we're left with a final image of a bear howling at the night sky. Video easily found on YouTube.

Palin cum "Kingmaker" will do the vetting herself when all the GOP hopefuls beat a path up to her door.

According to the Daily Beast, just $298,500 went to candidates last go round. The bulk of the rest of it, more than $4.8 million, went to the consultants she railed against at CPAC... “Now is the time to furlough the consultants, and tune out the pollsters, send the focus groups home and throw out the political scripts, because if we truly know what we believe, we don’t need professionals to tell us"...

Maybe I can't describe it, but I know a crock when I see one.

Edited to acknowledge repeat of the SarahPAC donation disbursement.

This post was edited by duluthinbloomz4 on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 18:22

o

3/16/2013
Sarah Palin took time out from her busy schedule to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland on Saturday. Among the ex-vice presidential candidate's many insights was the notion that the country doesn’t "have leadership coming out of Washington, we have reality television. Except it's really bad reality TV, and the American people tuned out a long time ago." Whether you agree with Palin or not, it’s comforting to realize that she knows what she’s talking about. Her TLC reality show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" was cancelled after one season.

o

Good grief! Isn't her 15 minutes of fame up already?

o

She is irrelevant, like Donald Trump, but straining to stay afloat. It is sad, really.

o

WxDano, thanks for the post. Among other things, I now know that "Benjamins" are slang for $100 bills (USD), a reference to Benjamin Franklin's image on the bills."
I have not held any of those long enough for the image to register in my memory.

o

She's got a big family to support and it doesn't look good in Wasilla to have them on welfare. I bet she doesn't even live in a trailer.

-Ron-

o

I bet that "consultant" paper trail is just a little crooked...

o

President Obama is their dream come true. They have a theme and it will continue to supply her with an income. Stupidity sales to the stupid and she has a endless supply of that population. The people that are living in poverty are sending her their little dimes and she is living large.

o

Lifted liberally from Mediaite... Aries Petra Consulting LLC was taking in between $6,000 and $8,000 a month for speechwriting** and “grassroots" consulting. C&M Transcontinental racked up $10,000 a month in management consulting.

Inside SarahPAC, there were consultants for research and consultants for logistics and consultants for issues and and and - IOW, they were in every facit of the Palin "machine".

**There should have been a demand for a refund in the speechwriting.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 14:07

No speech could help that fingernails on chalk board voice of hers.

This post was edited by vgkg on Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 14:09

o

I'm surprised the GOP is still promoting her and her family values. . She is beginning to look hysterical...like a caricature of a crazy person. Sarah, your 15 minutes are long over. Go home and take care of your kids and grandkids which are multiplying...divorces ,out of wedlock kids...you name it. Them family values.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here