Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"you will regret doing this" part II

Posted by Factotem none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 19:29

Continuing the thread so that the truth of the matter can be determined with no excuses:

sleeplessinftwayne wrote,

Factotem, I have no intention of taking my statements back. I wrote the truth about what I saw and heard. Until and unless Woodward himself says he faked the email, I will accept him at his word. Even then it would not affect the truth of what I say I saw and read.

I will match my reading comprehention against yours any day

A match you will lose in the first round.

This is very simple. You claim that you read the text of the email as provided by three different sources, and it contains the quote, "you will regret doing this".

I claim you are lying, and that either you did not actually read the text of the email anywhere, and are regurgitating what mrskjun is also flogging without checking it, or you know that the email does not contain that quote, but you are going to say that it does anyway.

Either way, I am calling you on it. All that is necessary to prove that you are correct is for you to simply post the actual text of the email from one of your sources, along with a link so it can be verified.

I say you won't -- because you can't. Because you're being dishonest.

Prove me wrong.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "you will regret doing this" part II

"I say you won't -- because you can't. Because you're being dishonest.

Prove me wrong."

Unbelievable.

Bump. Time to move this on down.

o

I already regretted the first iteration (idioteration) of the first thread.

o

elvis wrote,

Unbelievable.

Bump. Time to move this on down.

And yet, you're reading the thread and posting. Not interested? Why aren't you skipping it?

Is it unbelievable to you that sleeplessinftwayne would state something so easily proven false? If so, I agree.

By the way, bumping moves it up.

o

No need to start another thread so you can try and nail down the usual suspects. None.

o

WxDano wrote,

No need to start another thread so you can try and nail down the usual suspects. None.

I am continuing my quest for an honest conservative here. Secondarily, I am exploring the behavior of conservatives when they are in a situation of discovering -- or being shown -- that they are making false statements. I'm interested in understanding the phenomenon.

I have not previously engaged in a discussion with sleeplessinftwayne where s/he posted something false, as have nearly all of the conservatives here, so I want to know if s/he will proceed honestly, and if not, what technique s/he will employ to deal with the objective reality of the situation. I feel that improving my understanding of how the conservative mind operates in these situations is important for getting a broader understanding of how our politics and our society approach working through issues that face our country. I have already gained great insight into the divide between conservatives and progressives through these disussions, though it has been universally negative due to the conservatives' rejection of truth, as has been demonstrated here time and time again.

But maybe sleeplessinftwayne is the exception, and s/he will respond honestly. I hope so, but I don't expect it.

o

But what do you want, Facto? She gets her news from Hannity.

o

But what do you want, Facto? She gets her news from Hannity.

o

Even if one is paraphrasing, it's customary to stay within the parameters of the originally intended meaning...

o

Ezra Klein: Upton Sinclair’s famous line: “It is impossible to make a man understand something if his livelihood depends on not understanding it.”

o

Something else to keep in mind Facto, is that within the parameters of this particular forum, conservatives have as a general rule, more than likely decided never to own faulty thinking or admit to error. I say this because of the history clearly demonstrated, for as long as I have been here anyway.
Why? Because their people lost both elections? Because of the animosity so often expressed between conservatives and liberals in this forum? I would HOPE that it is for those reasons or like reasons that the unwillingness to own error or faulty thinking even after the fact. How awful would it be were that not the case? But there is no way of ever knowing. I choose to believe that the character traits you are examining here in this forum by conservatives are traits demonstrated by careful thought and choice, confined only to this forum - not traits generally demonstrated by personality,.by the politically conservative group of Americans, as a whole.
But if it IS behavior mainly confined to this forum, you STILL cant make anyone admit (or believe) anything if they have decided that they will not. Anyone who has ever dealt with a liar knows this to be true.
And, its no reflection whatsoever on those others who have discussed their own error or faulty thinking at times - or that of their party representative's for that matter.

It is my opinion that there is nothing to learn here that you don't already know facto - nothing that hasnt already been clearly demonstrated.
So what if one conservative owned one fault or made one correction after a lengthy back and forth with you? What real difference would it make or what would it actually say, that it took that much energy to convince a single conservative to do so one time?
It would not change the character, the choices, the political point of view expressed at least within this forum by individuals, and none of us know if this bleeds to how conservatives conduct themselves outside of the forum. On that, personally I choose to have faith that this is not hard wired traits of conservative behavior.
At this point, (my opinion only ) I believe that maybe its time to re-examine the need to carry on as you have: is there is anything left to learn or to prove that is not already known or has not already been proven?
I think you have done an excellent job in what it was you set out to do and imo it doesn't matter if people here admire your reasons or methods in how you went about it or have looked upon you in distain for it. You never forced anyone to demonstrate poor character or behavior, in fact you invited them repeatedly to do otherwise.
If they choose not to, for WHATEVER reason, that's on them. Personal responsibility and all that...
I found it all interesting and a point was certainly proved - not so much by you but by forum members. Hey, it is what it is.

I would love for you to participate in this forum by adding your own point if views though, I know your points of view would be formed due to research about consistency, facts and logic, therefore they would would come with merit and value.
I don't really believe that what it is you want to learn about conservatives can be gfound in this forum. Its too small and the personalities too defined.

P.S. you might not want to lock horns with our Kate as, by most in here, I believe it would be agreed that Kate is as honorable a forum member as there has ever been. I have never known Kate to be one to refuse to admit error, submit poor links or be unwilling to discuss Presidential or party failings - that doesn't mean she will should be required to accept your point of view if she disagreed with you.
Just saying....

o

Something else to keep in mind Facto, is that within the parameters of this particular forum, conservatives have as a general rule, more than likely decided never to own faulty thinking or admit to error. I say this because of the history clearly demonstrated, for as long as I have been here anyway.

I think that's a perfectly acceptable reason to keep this thread cycling in perpetuity. I'd love to see it five years later, "you will regret doing this, part 75."

-Ron-

o

Part 75!!!!!!! Lord, help us!

I haven't been following all of this for some time now, but the thought of Part 75 of what little I read earlier on Part I is more than I, at least, could take.

Thanks for the defense, mylab. I probably should have returned to the previous thread and defended myself, but to tell the truth, I'm just not feeling very argumentative with spring coming--but I'm sure someone will say something that really gets my engines roaring sooner or later here. : )

Kate

o

I think what Factotem is doing is shining a light on claims without substantiation and false statements made to support an ideology.

S/he has done this to liberals, too, right? But s/he seems to be conducting a survey specifically on conservatives' truth-telling, smoke blowing and erroneous statements shown to be false.

Right?

I think everyone should be careful of their presentation of "facts" based on ideologies. I like that being scrutinized.

o

Well, kate, your cyberfriends are watching your back while you garden.

o

mylab123 wrote,

you might not want to lock horns with our Kate as, by most in here, I believe it would be agreed that Kate is as honorable a forum member as there has ever been. I have never known Kate to be one to refuse to admit error, submit poor links or be unwilling to discuss Presidential or party failings - that doesn't mean she will should be required to accept your point of view if she disagreed with you.
Just saying....

No time to address the body of your thoughtful post at the moment, but I wanted to reply to this point. I call 'em as I see 'em. If my own spouse posted something incorrect I would challenge the point. Dublinbay posted quotes she claimed were mine; they were not, as the record undeniably proves. I will not let that go just because someone is generally honorable. She also claimed I expressed certain views which I did not. That, too, I must correct. I must also point out that she has not acknowledged the accuracy of my response, which is terribly disappointing.

o

We need a discussion of the values and limitations of obsessive-compulsiveness in human interactions.

o

Limitations would be a good thing..........

o

I think Cajun Dan has switched parties and lost his accent.

o

As much as Factoem iritates me , not even close to Cajun Dan . Factotem doesn't make we want to take a shower.

o

Are you saying Factotem could be Cajun Dan chase?

o

Oh goody...another thread of Factotem's wondering why a conservative won't answer his/her question.

Here's a thought, maybe it's because 99.9% of your posts start -or end - with something along the lines of "What is wrong with all conservatives?" Or, "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?" And, before your robot "error! error!" alarm goes off, no, I'm not quoting you, so settle down. I'm speaking in generalities.

But, my point is, you think a question like that is actually worthy of response? Here's a fact for ya facto....it's not. When you show pure bias with posts like that, in my opinion, it is not worthy of rebuttal. I know you've criticized some of our left of center friends, very rarely, but even in the rare instance you do, you don't make such a broad generalization of the left.

o

Sorry I dissappointed you, facto. I told you I was dropping out of that conversation since I already made my points--so I did. I never went back and read anything more said there. I did check here because I was curious why you people are still carrying on about this. I still don't know why.

I guess you must have really trounced on me, facto--huh? Well, I don't know, cuz I didn't go back and read what you said. Based on the above post, you evidently said you didn't say the direct quotes I took directly from your earlier post. If the direct quotes of what you said are somehow not what you said, then I say you had better learn how to express yourself more clearly. You aren't making sense when you say you did not say what I directly quoted you as saying. You definitely have communication problems.

But of course we can all repeat again everything we said before. In fact, we can repeat it many, many times. That might even yield us the third "You will regret" thread. Three down and 72 more to go, right fouquierea? LOL

Good grief--haven't you got anything better to do with your time? I'm so bored with this topic (repeated again and again) that I do not care to cross cudgels anymore.

Kate

o

ahhh, the weaker sex....

o

Is it just me but are all threads getting repetitious? The gun ones were soooo over the top, I long ago stopped reading them. Same with most of the part 2 threads.

o

I don't quite get your point, lily. Could you repeat it again?

Kate : )

o

dublinbay wrote,

You aren't making sense when you say you did not say what I directly quoted you as saying. You definitely have communication problems.

You seem extremely confused. You directly quoted me as using the phrases "add ons" and "going beyond the Constitution". I denied using either of those phrases. As proof, you offered a paragraph I posted that contains neither of those quotes.

If that isn't clear enough, here's a breakdown: you posted supposed quotes from my posts. I denied writing the quotes you attributed to me. To prove that they were indeed quotes from my posts, you provided, as your evidence, a passage I wrote that does not have the quotes you attributed to me.

So, to directly address your question above, I am saying that I did not say what you claimed you were directly quoting me as saying. That makes perfect sense.

This is not a matter of opinion. It is all in the realm of objective fact, and it is trivially verifiable. I am baffled why you continue to defend your indefensible claim. The posting, as your proof, of the paragraph that does not contain the supposed quotes was inexplicable. Are you continuing to maintain that the snippet of mine that you offered actually contains "add ons" and "going beyond the Contitution", even though it does not? Please re-read the paragraph you offered and let me know if you find either of the supposed quotes in it. "Add ons" and "going beyond the Constitution." (Note, by the way, that the text you bolded matches neither of those quotes.)

o

The really great thing about the forum is if I do not want to read something or respond I can SOB. The forum is not limited so it is not like someone is hogging a spot from anyone that wants to start a post about anything they would prefer to discuss.

I think Factotem, wants to see what makes the Cuckoo clocks tic so to speak.. I do not have the patience he/she has. I choose the topic, and who I want to respond. If someone addresses me and I choose not to respond I do not respond. It is easy. They become background noise.

o

facto, you just want to argue to be arguing.

And you are at the point where you make no sense.

I took a passage directly from ONE of YOUR POSTS. That means I QUOTED YOU--THE WORDS YOU WROTE IN THAT POST. I did not paraphrase them, I did not put them in my own words, I did not take them out of context, etc. I QUOTED YOUR WORDS.

I never said you quoted someone else. I have no idea what you are talking about there.

I'm beginning to think you have no idea what a direct quote is. Nevertheless, those were YOUR WORDS in one of your posts. It is totally irrelevant that you did not use those words in another one of your posts.

I mean it, buddy--lay off the booze. You aren't as brilliant as you believe you are.

You've been convicted on the basis of your own words. Admit you were wrong when you denied those were your own words and therefore I could not have been directly quoting you.

You want objective proof? Go over your own posts and you will find the source of the quote right there. I highlighted and cut-n-pasted those words directly out of your post.

You cannot deny that--if you are honest and go back and read carefully your own posts-- and find the ONE that uses that language EXACTLY AS I SHOWED IT IN MY POST. (And similar language in several other posts--I remember wondering which one of your posts I should take the direct quotation from.)

So drop it. You're wrong. And I really don't care anymore.

Good-bye. Find someone else to harass.

Kate

o

landscraper82 wrote,

Oh goody...another thread of Factotem's wondering why a conservative won't answer his/her question.
Here's a thought, maybe it's because 99.9% of your posts start -or end - with something along the lines of "What is wrong with all conservatives?" Or, "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?" And, before your robot "error! error!" alarm goes off, no, I'm not quoting you, so settle down. I'm speaking in generalities.

No you're not. It seems you can't make your point by being merely accurate, so you apparently have to resort to distortion and exaggeration. It's not a matter of quoting or not quoting me; it's a matter of you deliberately mischaracterizing my position so that you can attack it. That's intellectually dishonest, of course.

In particular, note how you tried to make it look like I make unqualified judgments of "all" conservatives. You intentionally used that word, I presume; your cat didn't stroll across your keyboard and insert it in both of the generalizations you assigned to me, I assume. Yet, despite your using the phrase "all conservatives" twice in your Factotem-style statements, I have never used that phrase. So, you have dishonestly attempted to pin a blanket prejudice to me that is unsupported by the truth. That's a form of lying. When used in the course of an argument, as you are doing here, it's called a "straw man". It's a fallacious technique, and it rightly makes you look bad.

But, my point is, you think a question like that is actually worthy of response? Here's a fact for ya facto....it's not. When you show pure bias with posts like that, in my opinion, it is not worthy of rebuttal.

More straw man arguments. Many conservatives here are very evasive when challenged on the truth of a statement. When people are evasive in discussions, it's because they do not want to honestly and directly address questions. They do not want to honestly and directly address questions because the honest, direct answers, they fear, will make them look bad, expose their hypocrisy, reveal a transgression, or undermine a position they espouse. Evasion is an instant indicator that someone is afraid of truth. I don't understand the fear of truth that you and many other conservatives here have. Why is truth so scary?

I know you've criticized some of our left of center friends, very rarely, but even in the rare instance you do, you don't make such a broad generalization of the left.

That's because such a broad generalization of the left would be false. As you can see by reading the posts on this forum, those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations, at a drastically higher rate than do those on the left. There is, in my estimation, a direct relationship between those behaviors and one's position on the political spectrum. It seems to me that people who accept truth and then use reason to formulate positions are more likely to form positions on the left side of the spectrum, whereas those who first take a position based on bias, preference, desire, prejudice, selfishness, or other impure reasons, then seek out information -- or misinformation -- to support those preselected positions, have positions on the right. The reason many conservatives refuse to acknowledge truth is because it would undermine the positions that they started with, and it would force a re-evaluation that could result in a new position to the left of the original one. Since many conservatives pick the position first, rather than starting with facts, the position must be preserved, even at the expense of facts. Those on the left, on the other hand, are generally truth driven, not bias-driven, so they seek information rather than avoiding or fabricating it. In general, leftists like truth because then the positions they reason their way to are supported by, well, truth.

So if I see a progressive post a fake quote, and I discover it's fake, I will call them on it. It just hasn't happened very often. And I think all, or nearly all, the liberals I have called on a factual issue have simply acknowledged their error, even when it meant apologizing to a conservative. Most conservatives act completely uninterested in having the truth appear, and not only that, no other conservative seems to be willing to want the truth to appear, either. I am always surprised by how willing some conservatives are to be conspicuously mute about (if not outright supportive of) another conservative's falsehood. I find those on the left do not want to be associated, even by implication, with another progressive who is dishonest. Who would want to be associated with dishonest people? It undermines one's credibility. Why are many conservatives willing to have their credibility undermined by supporting dishonest people? I have no idea. It's a real puzzle.

The idea that the conservatives here who are dishonest would gladly acknowledge all their falsehoods and apologize except they don't like my tone, is a pathetic, cowardly, infantile excuse. And there's no excuse for dishonesty.

o

dublinbay:

Let's keep this very, very simple.

You quoted me as using the phrases, "add ons" and "going beyond the Constitution" referring to inferred rights.

True or false?

You offered as proof a paragraph from one of my posts that did not contain either of those quotes.

True or false?

Let's get to the bottom of this.

o

That's because such a broad generalization of the left would be false. As you can see by reading the posts on this forum, those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations...

Biased.

Many conservatives here are very evasive when challenged on the truth of a statement

Biased.

That's because such a broad generalization of the left would be false

Biased.

I could be as annoying as you, and go on and on and on, go back to previous posts, etc, and find countless other examples, but let's be real here, facto...You've made the claim of "all conservatives" countless times. You know you have, I know you have, every single person here knows you have. I could go back and find it, but I really don't care, and the only reason I'm posting again is because I actually want you to know that I don't give a "s"....nobody here does, that's why nobody responds to your robot like attitude based questions.

As Dublinbay put it well, drop it. This isn't the first thread that addressed how gosh darn annoying you are.

o

And ps....

Yet, despite your using the phrase "all conservatives" twice in your Factotem-style statements,

Factotem-style??? Now you think other people are trying to emulate you? Haha...nothing could be further from the truth.

o

landscraper82 wrote,

That's because such a broad generalization of the left would be false. As you can see by reading the posts on this forum, those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations...
Biased.

Many conservatives here are very evasive when challenged on the truth of a statement

Biased.

That's because such a broad generalization of the left would be false

Biased.

Those are my observations. I would be happy to engage in an examination of the data underlying my conclusions, but I suspect based on history you will cite some excuse to avoid that analysis, so it won't happen. Let me know.

You've made the claim of "all conservatives" countless times. You know you have, I know you have, every single person here knows you have. I could go back and find it

No you can't. I'm calling you on it. I never made a characterization of "all conservatives". Do you have the guts to stand behind your accusation? I bet you don't.

Do you know how to search the forum for a person's handle and a phrase like "all conservatives"? If you need help, let me know. I will be happy to help you expose your falsehood.

A failure to support your claim will rightly be taken as an admission that your claim is false. Let's see how much courage you really have. You have now put your reputation on the line.

o

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:50

I think Cajun Dan has switched parties and lost his accent.

Sharon's Response

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 16:03

As much as Factoem iritates me , not even close to Cajun Dan . Factotem doesn't make we want to take a shower.

Your come back

Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 16:20

Are you saying Factotem could be Cajun Dan chase?

Mrskjun, If this is what you took from Chase's response, then you really do have a comprehension problem. Your interruptation of Chase's response is the exact opposite of what she was saying.

~Ann

o

No you can't. I'm calling you on it. I never made a characterization of "all conservatives"

Easy as pie....you wrote:

As you can see by reading the posts on this forum, those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations...

Granted, the words "all conservatives," may not have been specifically said, but in your own words, Those are my observations So....am I to believe that your "observations," are all that is perfect, and mine aren't because we disagree? Come on.....are you really that blinded by your own self righteousness? I specifically remember several threads where you asked the question of "why do conservatives lie." NOT, why did "THIS" conservative lie.

I really don't want to take the time to go back and find the specific thread, or your specific post to answer you. Partly because, once again, I don't give a crap, and partly because everyone here knows you said it on countless occasions, regardless of how perfect you think you are.

So, for the 4th time....drop it.

o

ahahah....Obamas fear tactics are seen by everyone now...he is a communty organizer that is running washington as per the Olinsky handbook (rules for radicals)..you Libtards are beeing herded into the Socialist BORG ....get off the net and go back to saving seals and killing your babies (abortion) and watching American Idol and leave running of the country to moral people like the conservatioves

o

Your opinion oil robb.

"moral people like the conservatives" you claim should be running the country?

Good lord, you are either kidding, posting this dribble to stir the pot, or your head is so deeply buried in the sand that it will need a bulldozer to get it out.

What ever it is that has you posting this stuff, now on more than one thread, is so far from reality, it's pathetic, even more pathetic that there are people out there that believe this carp.

o

landscraper82 wrote,

"No you can't. I'm calling you on it. I never made a characterization of 'all conservatives'"

Easy as pie....you wrote:

"As you can see by reading the posts on this forum, those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations..."

You're terribly dishonest. You truncated the quote to change its meaning.

Here's the full quote, with the crucial words that completely change the meaning from what you pretended I wrote bolded to expose how dishonest you are:

"those on the right lie, post falsehoods, make misstatements, and hurl false accusations, and then refuse to acknowledge their errors, lies, misstatements, and false accusations, at a drastically higher rate than do those on the left."

I am really stunned that you would attempt such an easily-exposed deception like this. Do you have any integrity at all?

Granted, the words "all conservatives," may not have been specifically said, but in your own words, Those are my observations

Here's your claim, so you can't slither out of it:

"You've made the claim of 'all conservatives' countless times. You know you have, I know you have, every single person here knows you have. I could go back and find it"

You've now had an opportunity to check your claim, and even though it is false, you are standing by it. So, now you are not just wrong; you're lying. I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, assuming you just had poor reading skills and horrendous retention. But now you don't have those excuses.

You say I've referred to "all conservatives" countless times. Yet, you can't produce even a single example. The conclusion is inescapable. And, not just you and I now know about your lack of honesty; because of the nature of your claim, anyone who ever reads this can verify that what you said is false. That's really important. It helps readers learn about the character of posters here when they are on record like this.

I really don't want to take the time to go back and find the specific thread, or your specific post to answer you. Partly because, once again, I don't give a crap, and partly because everyone here knows you said it on countless occasions, regardless of how perfect you think you are.

Do you really not realize that in about ten seconds, anyone can determine that you are lying? Are you at all familiar with the "search" function or with Google?

So, for the 4th time....drop it.

Your cowardice is breathtaking. I've called you out on your claim and you're running away. Your character is on full display.

o

ann t...exactly where did I say that Factotem was Cajun Dan? Cajun Dan was very irritating, but at least he was interesting.

o

Your character is on full display.

So is yours...

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 5:13

ann t...exactly where did I say that Factotem was Cajun Dan? Cajun Dan was very irritating, but at least he was interesting.

MrsK, exactly where did I say you said Factomen was Cajun Dan? I just quoted you and Chase's response. WHERE from Chase's response did you get the idea that she was suggesting that they could be the same person? Her response indicated the exact opposite.

~Ann

o

Then why did you bother ann t?

o

WHERE from Chase's response did you get the idea that she was suggesting that they could be the same person?

Why bother? That is your response to my question?

~Ann

o

yep

o

I've planted 5 varieties of peppers, basil, and one variety of petunia. Over the years, I've had a few wild petunia crosses pop up, and I've saved the best one year after year, selecting out the best plants. I over-winter them in a couple of hanging baskets, let the seeds fall into trays below. Trailing habit, grows 3' x 3', lots of huge deep crimson blooms. I do cuttings from those, then keep a few dozen plants from seed, select out the best at the end of the season.

Two of my pepper varieties are inadvertent crosses - it the same thing: it may take a few generations, but its fun to come up with varieties that do well in this short season climate, and taste far better than anything I've seen yet. I also keep plants for cuttings.

o

Oh Ann, dont waste your time on this person, your contributions are too thoughtful to be wasted on this silly person who is the very demonstration of the behavior necessary to be what is described as a "sore loser." There is no sense of an inner integrity or a demonstrated ability to apply personal responsibility -
she is mad at Chase because in this person's silly thread, " You will regret doing this" Chase called her out - outlining with great precision about who this person has become as a hot topics member. So this person is in payback mode. As if Chase cares.
I mean..... really?
Chase is among the majority in here who has had their fill of this person and all the silly threads of outrage this person has started in the past three years.

If you can believe it, this person was held in high regard by most in hot topics when I joined. Its true! She was one of a few I liked the most when I first joined.
She has recently talked about those days, when there was better discussion between those of opposing parties in this forum - completely ignoring the fact ( as if it were completely unimportant) that it has been her threads and her behavior in the discussions - like this one and in her "You will regret doing this" type of threads she herself has started in the past years - which has greatly changed the atmosphere of this forum. Personal responsibility is not a strong character trait. She squandered all that high regard she once had - this is who she is now.

A SOB - one best left unfed.

o

mrskjun - I'm shocked! You just got onto me the other day for answering a question with a question and here you are doing the same thing!

o

Oh goodness esh, don't let me shock you!! (exclamation points)

mylab is so right, and I'm grateful to her for being one of those who helped me see the light. In one thread, I was called just about everything a liberal can think to call a hated conservative. Then I was accused of being an alien, my own nephew, and now what you see here. Poor chase has lost her last vestige of respect for me at least six times. If you like me, fine, if you don't, just as fine. I don't lay awake at night thinking about it.

o

So let me get this straight:

You feel that you don't owe anyone any answers and that it is fine for you to answer a question with a question or not answer the question at all ... but when someone else does it, it is fine for you to expect them to behave differently?

Feel free to answer that with a question if you want.

o

Hoot!

o

We should be quite used to the pot calling the kettle black, or what's good for the goose not being good for the gander by now... it has been going on for years, and it doesn't look like there any end in sight, or any effort being made to change things...

o

Don't expect an answer, Esh. Whats good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander. That's the way Righties roll. That's why it gets tiresome here in recent times.

o

I did a history review since I was not around GW HT during the Bush years. I was on another Political/HT Forum still post on those too.

I think the conservatives should take a walk back to those Bush days on HT and search out other HT/Political discussion forums and Facebook.
It might help with "how to accept losing with dignity".

o

If you can believe it, this person was held in high regard by most in hot topics when I joined.

I find this fascinating. I do find it hard to believe given what I've seen in my short time here, but I take your word for it.

How does that happen? How does one change so drastically, and not for the better?

o

Personally I don't buy it....I am convinced we are dealing with two different people . Sentence structure, choice of words, sarcasm, and quite frankly blatant distortions of the facts........people don't change that much. Additionally I have saved several posts where Mrs refers to herself in the third person.

Matters not...this is the Mrs we have today.....

o

landscaper82 wrote,

"Your character is on full display."

So is yours...

I agree. I have acted with honesty. You have now lied repeatedly.

Here's your claim:

"You've made the claim of 'all conservatives' countless times. You know you have, I know you have, every single person here knows you have. I could go back and find it"

You are dishonest. You cannot go back and find it, as demonstrated by your failure to to so. It would take about ten seconds to search the forum and find your proof. But it doesn't exist.

You say "every single person here knows you have." Yet not a single other person has supported your claim and produced the evidence of the supposed quote. Not one.

You have decided to be a dishonest person without integrity. That is your right. You have to live with it. Others who come across your posts will check your allegation through a simple forum search and immediately discover that it is false, and then they, too, will know your character.

For the convenience of future readers, here's the forum search that proves you're lying. You probably have run this already, which explains your evasions and attempts at a stealthy escape.

o

Wow, facto, thanks for doing the legwork for me and proving my point. And I already told you, you might not actually use the phrase "all conservatives," but you never differentiate between which conservatives you are referring too. It's always "Why do conservatives do this.

Since you get so bent out of shape over what other people post, I'll C-n-P it for you.

Granted, the words "all conservatives," may not have been specifically said, but in your own words, Those are my observations

So you can make observations, but others can't. Gotcha.

You are terribly biased, and annoying to no end....so I think I'll do what almost everyone else here does and ignore you. In fact, I regret even acknowledging you exist in the first place.

PS....not "escaping." How highly you must think of yourself....I'm just giving up, because your bias knows no bounds.

o

So you see ann, just with the little exchange I was having with chase, you jumped in, and then we had seven liberals to jump in to tell you what is wrong with me or conservatives in general, How can I not love it?

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 16:25

So you see ann, just with the little exchange I was having with chase, you jumped in, and then we had seven liberals to jump in to tell you what is wrong with me or conservatives in general, How can I not love it?

What I see Mrsk. is your inability to answer a simple question.

~Ann

o

landscraper82 wrote,

Wow, facto, thanks for doing the legwork for me and proving my point.

Um, what are you talking about? The search proves that you are wrong. Are you so lazy that you didn't even look at the search results? Remarkable.

You asserted the following:

You've made the claim of "all conservatives" countless times.

Note that you specifically put "all conservatives" in quotes. As the search link I provided proves, "countless times" can, in fact be counted; the count is zero.

You then provided one quote that did not contain "all conservatives," thus failing to provide evidence of your claim. You then doubled down on your claim, and said,

I really don't want to take the time to go back and find the specific thread, or your specific post to answer you. Partly because, once again, I don't give a crap, and partly because everyone here knows you said it on countless occasions

Now you are attempting to evade responsibility for your false claim by changing it retroactively:

And I already told you, you might not actually use the phrase "all conservatives,"

You're lying. You only said I hadn't used that phrase in the one quote you supplied. It's like watching a snake shed its skin and then pretend to be a different snake.

Your claim was false. I posted proof that you lied. No amount of after-the-fact dishonesty will change what's in black-and-white on the board, unless you stoop to editing your old posts to conceal your dishonest behavior.

This is really very simple. You made a provably false claim. You don't have the character to issue a retraction.

So, why do you, a conservative, lie about what other people write, and when exposed, why don't you take personal responsibility for your falsehoods, admit them, retract them, and apologize for them?

o

We were not having an exchange Mrs.....you said something I didn't say..totally misrepresented my words.

If I was Demi this post whould be three paragraphs long , half in all caps.

o

LOL chase, so you saved topics where I spoke in the third person? Sorry, must have been a third person, I'm perfectly happy being just me.

And lookie, you were even able to drag demi into the exchange. I haven't seen her say a word. But, you are right, she is able to express herself well.

tsk tsk, and look at Facto, calling people liars, guess they got a copy of the liberals playbook instead of the rules.

o

Hmmm. I went looking for the term, "all conservatives" in Hot Topics. Mostly I didn't find the term used as an accusation. Sometimes the term was preceded by "not." Anyway, I didn't find any basic trends by those considered liberal on here who used the term in a generalizing, disparaging way.

However, I did find some posts by those considered conservative on here who either outright accused another of using the term "all conservatives" or who inferred that liberals frequently used the term.

So based on this observation and based on the posts I could find using the term "all conservatives" in Hot Topics, it appears more likely another consistent meme that some want to perpetrate without any specific facts to back it up.

-Ron-

o

chase wrote,

Additionally I have saved several posts where Mrs refers to herself in the third person.

Could you post some of those? Perhaps we can discern something from them.

o

Your problem is you need to search for the word "con"

All kinds of posts.

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 16:51

We were not having an exchange Mrs.....you said something I didn't say..totally misrepresented my words.

I haven't posted on this thread or entered the discussion and here you are trashing me, Chase.

How quickly you forget your words.

Seems to me it was just a few days ago you didn't agree with the opinion I gave on another thread (which had nothing to do with you, by the way) and had your nose pretty high in the air about people like me believing like me and were done with me.

That sure didn't last long, and here you are trashing me on a thread I have not even posted on.

Just can't get me out of your head, can you?

It's understandable.
I'm unforgettable. ;)

o

Facto, you and everyone else here, besides Rob, apparantly, know exactly what I was talking about. I said from the beginning that I wasn't quoting you directly, so once again, as a completely verifiable re quote (if that's even a phrase....), I said this:

Proof of my claim:

It's always disappointing how frightened conservatives are of discussing their views honestly...

When you group everyone together, you are referring to everyone, i.e. all. Don't be silly now...

Oh wait....do you want some more?

I am particularly interested in whether any conservatives have the courage to state their views, though I'm not optimistic, given history;
I expect some combination of silence, evasion, deflection, and subject-changing

More biased BS from you....once again proving my point.

Oh snap....wait....You're right, that one said "any" conservatives...not "all" even though that's what you meant, and you know it. But crud...that's only two, let's see what else I can dig up....

Oh Snap again!

conservatives will not admit errors on factual matters because they are not interested in establishing a
shared understanding of facts so that discussions can move forward; that is,

Wow...you are making this too easy! Once again, no word "all" was written, but that is what you are implying. Which is what I said originally...once again, YOU are wrong, and you are either blinded by your self righteousness or just too lazy or incompetent to remember what you wrote....which I doubt because you continue to prod me to look up what you actually did write, so I did.

Hm...only 3 thus far...oh, here's another easy one...not necessarily saying we are bad, just that there is something wrong with us:
I feel that improving my understanding of how the conservative mind operates...

Like it's some sort of weird perverted science experiment for you....but once again proof of you lumping "all conservatives," into one category. Biased.

Hmmm...woops, another one! Jeez, I could go all day!

though it has been universally negative due to the conservatives' rejection of truth

Generally, when one says "the (blank,)" they are referring to that particular group as a whole. As in "all."

Now...if you want to get specific about the placement of quotations, I do apologize for saying "all conservatives," in quotations. I do admit you never said that specifically, but it was my observation that it was what you were implying. I'm not a liar, I'm not dishonest. I do wonder, however, if you are as brazen in real life to call people a liar to their faces, as opposed to when you are hiding behind the comfort of your monitor.

Lots of people here disagree, but we do so cordially, and with a certain amount of respect. It seems like your soul purpose here is to piss everyone off.

So, for the 5th time, drop it.

o

Thank God for SOB.

David, good to know that you are selecting for peppers and petunias well adapted to your hard place.

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 16:51

I haven't posted on this thread or entered the discussion and here you are trashing me, Chase.

How quickly you forget your words.

Seems to me it was just a few days ago you didn't agree with the opinion I gave on another thread (which had nothing to do with you, by the way) and had your nose pretty high in the air about people like me believing like me and were done with me.

That sure didn't last long, and here you are trashing me on a thread I have not even posted on.

Just can't get me out of your head, can you?

It's understandable.
I'm unforgettable. ;)

o

landscraper82:

Not a single one of the quotes you offer represents the paraphrases you attributed to me:

- "What is wrong with all conservatives?"

- "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?"

Both of these supposed characterizations are fabrications, and despite all your efforts, you can produce no actual quotes that support your claim.

Tellingly, you completely avoided addressing your lying by omission when you cut off a quote of mine to change the meaning. You don't have the character to admit your deception.

None of the quotes you now feebly offer parallel the universal characterizations you attributed to me because every one of them is referring to a subset of conservatives based on a situation, not to "all" conservatives.

For example, you offer this quote:

conservatives will not admit errors on factual matters because they are not interested in establishing a shared understanding of facts so that discussions can move forward

This characterization applies not to "all" conservatives, but to the conservatives who post false information and then refuse to acknowledge it.

If you have a quote that actually equates to "What is wrong with all conservatives?" or "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?", put it up. You clearly haven't found one. The chaff you now offer is just a diversion.

I do apologize for saying "all conservatives," in quotations. I do admit you never said that specifically

I accept your apology.

I'm not a liar, I'm not dishonest.

Then why did you try to sneak a truncated quote through earlier? Honest people don't use techniques like that. And why did you claim I said words to the effect of, "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?" when I did not? Perhaps you want to add an apology for the two mischaracterizations of my words that you posted? Or are you going to stand behind your claim that I said words to the effect of "Why do all conservatives lie all the time?" despite your inability to provide any evidence?

Lots of people here disagree, but we do so cordially, and with a certain amount of respect. It seems like your soul purpose here is to piss everyone off.

What a strange statement coming from you who launched the first salvo in this thread when I had not even addressed you:

Is that the tone of cordial respect to which you refer?

This post was edited by Factotem on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 0:07

o

landscraper82......it is possible "IT" is a computerized robot. IT doesn't really communicate like people. IT calls
conservatives liars usually in every post and doesn't get booted off. Maybe IT can't be booted off because IT'S not real. Did you think of that.
Pay close attention to ITS dialogue. Robot or human?
I refuse to communicate with a robot.

By the time IT has run off the people who will not communicate with IT ..........THEN it will have to talk to the liberals because thats all will be here.

o

.it is possible "IT" is a computerized robot.

Really? I wonder why IT Computer showed up. If the same group of whiners complain "Everybody is bullying me" would you send in a robot to investigate? Reminds me of the little boy that cried wolf one too many times.

o

marquest.....another one of your posts that makes no sense. Wolf........... Whiners......has nothing to do with my statement to landscraper.
My observation was strictly based on IT's dialogue which is strange.
You don't seem to be very perceptive.
My conversation with you is over .
I seldom even come on HT anymore because it has become nothing but a place for people to vent ugliness.
Go read threads where Conservatives haven't contributed at all. They are still infested with ugliness.
Its become so bad I noticed tonight very few "usuals"
post and few Conservatives at all.

I will also be included with the Conservatives .
It has become more than I can stomach.

o

Good grief.

o

citywoman2012 wrote,

I seldom even come on HT anymore because it has become nothing but a place for people to vent ugliness.

You are presumably referring to your own first contribution in this thread.

It has become more than I can stomach.

So it's an instance of, "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member," eh?

This post was edited by Factotem on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 21:47

o

No one is forced to come here and read this stuff.

o

My observation was strictly based on IT's dialogue which is strange.

Why is it strange? Because it's grammatically correct? Not used to that? Words too big for you?

o

Personally I don't buy it....I am convinced we are dealing with two different people . Sentence structure, choice of words, sarcasm, and quite frankly blatant distortions of the facts........people don't change that much.

The plot thickens! Very interesting. I wonder...

o

"Continuing the thread so that the truth of the matter can be determined with no excuses:"

And have you gotten any closer to the truth of the matter with no excuses, Facto?

o

marquest.....another one of your posts that makes no sense. Wolf........... Whiners......

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do

It is polite, and possibly also advantageous, to abide by the customs of a society when one is a visitor".

Citywoman I was trying to visit your world of Fantasy IT. I went into investigative mode and offered you an Audit of a possible reason why IT appeared on HT.

I think you were the one crying "Bullying" Wolf and found it necessary to inform everyone at HT that you were crying WOLF to whoever would listen. Conservatives seem to enjoy Fantasy stories especially when they can scream Bullying, Creepy, Stalking, Benghazi etc. now we can add IT Bullying.

I thought you would enjoy my response. Sorry you did not like my fantasy Audit. I am now leaving Fantasy Land I am not enjoying the visit............

o

As posted by Citywoman

"......I seldom even come on HT anymore because it has become nothing but a place for people to vent ugliness."

Calling a participating member of Hot Topics "IT" is pretty ugly.

I can just imagine the outrage if someone referred to you or another republican or conservative as "IT".

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 10:57

oops, I thought "IT" meant intelligent thinker, my bad.

o

I thought it meant "Idiosyncratic Tedium", vgkg.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 11:57

then we're both bad?

o

Dear God! I certainly do regret this. Coming back to this thread and subject, that is.

Factotem has created a stew of amazing vitriol and some of you are simmering in it. I think some of you have totally lost it to someone who is certainly not worth it.

I am not required to stand by the computer and wait with bated breath for Factotem to post so I can eagerly respond. I have no intention of doing so for any of you. The fact that I was not Johnny-on-the-spot to knuckle under to the fantasies of a twit who doesn't understand plain English does not indicate that I was ducking an answer that I am not obligated to give in the first place.

Factotem, This is the only response you will get from me on this topic. If you want to see the source of the word "threatened" concerning the Email sent to Woodward, you will have to go to Politico for that. Woodward himself did not use the word "threatened" at the time of the interviews I saw. He said it felt like it was an attempt at intimidation. After he was accused of saying he felt "threatened" after the fact of the interview, he denied it, but that was several hours later and the liberal media was already having a hissy and generally screwing the evidence with third-hand false "quotes", much like you are doing. (It really isn't worth the time I am wasting to respond to you.) All you are doing is encouraging the worst in several of the regular posters who enjoy bad relations with someone else on this forum.

So, no, I did not lie and I did not misunderstand the situation or what mrskjun said and yes, I do indeed read and listen to multiple sources on both sides of most questions. Do I watch Hannity? Yes I do, and you can add O'reilly and Greta and the Five to that as well. Am I supposed to get all sides of anything by watching only approved Liberal sources or only conservative sources? Not likely. And guess what, I recognize propaganda and manipulation in both sides when I see it (I had a very good professor who had made an in depth study of the subject and I made A's that term) and that is what you are attempting but failing to produce.

How old are you? 14 or an immature 15? Don't get the respect in school you think you deserve? Maybe the popular kids laugh at your pretentious little speeches? Your teachers don't recognize your superiority? Let me give you some advice from the viewpoint of someone who is far more experienced than you are at this. You get the respect from your peers and teachers that you earn and right now you are not earning any respect at all. Your IQ doesn't mean diddly and neither does snark! Temper tantrums just don't do it. A good project for you would be to quietly observe a student that does seem to be respected and study that student's responses and interactions with others. You might learn something valuable.

As for this idiocy, you would do better to go back to the beginning of the farce you have made of this subject and actually read the OP in the other thread and my comment for what they say rather than what you want to twist them into without regard to the timeline. You are nowhere as intelligent as you think if you make such basic errors in comprehension. Neither Mrskjun nor I made any judgement as to the accuracy of Mr. Woodward's comments about the e-mail. Both of us reported the fact of his statements. The distortion from intimidation to threat was not ours or Woodward's. His interpretation is all his own. And yes, I did see the reproduction of the original comment in the e-mail on screen just as I saw and heard later edited versions of it in part and in whole.

As for the original statement by Woodward both in his writing and on the air, that the sequester was from the Whitehouse through Lew and Obama, it has been confirmed by many sources to be fact. In fact at 5:19 yesterday morning I heard Joe Scarborough state it in undisputed terms. Of course, dear Myka could only mutter "what does it matter at this point". (I really think Clinton will come to regret that little turn of phrase.) You want to see the sources, do your own searches and pay attention to the timelines and when they were edited.

So, my dear, sweet, misunderstood genius, go pound sand. Your hysteria, inaccurate and unproven accusations are just as solid as that shifting sand and mean just about as much. Go troll somewhere else.

o

a magnificent put-down

my commiserations, facto, but your have proven an apt recipient

o

a magnificent put-down

I don't know Marshall not so fast. The explanation sounds like a Rapist screaming I did not rape her she said "don't stop." When actually she said Don't!!! Stop!!! Sort of blew the explanation when he went with "twit"

o

Either way, I am calling you on it. All that is necessary to prove that you are correct is for you to simply post the actual text of the email from one of your sources, along with a link so it can be verified.

I say you won't -- because you can't. Because you're being dishonest.

Prove me wrong.

I'm not simmering in this and I don't see the vitriol. I see the statements as being an honest challenge. Where it gets vitriolic is when we are confronted with statements like these:

I think some of you have totally lost it to someone who is certainly not worth it.

All you are doing is encouraging the worst in several of the regular posters who enjoy bad relations with someone else on this forum.

How old are you? 14 or an immature 15? Don't get the respect in school you think you deserve? Maybe the popular kids laugh at your pretentious little speeches? Your teachers don't recognize your superiority?

Your IQ doesn't mean diddly and neither does snark! Temper tantrums just don't do it.

As for this idiocy, you would do better to go back to the beginning of the farce you have made of this subject and actually read the OP in the other thread and my comment for what they say rather than what you want to twist them into without regard to the timeline. You are nowhere as intelligent as you think if you make such basic errors in comprehension.

The fact that I was not Johnny-on-the-spot to knuckle under to the fantasies of a twit who doesn't understand plain English...

Some people just don't like being challenged I guess.

-Ron-

o

Sleepless- always blows in with a mean disposition and vicious comments directed toward the handiest liberal available who is the unfortunate one to have pushed her "growl" button.
Another one who is very conservatively correct.

I knew a girl like her in school - everyone finally figured the best way to deal with the her was to just give her lots of space and avoid at all cost.
She was always acting mean and looking for someone to bite.

Sleepless sure as heck appears to be quite threatened by your obvious intelligence Facto- she fell all over herself to make certain she fully attacked your intelligence in the most insulting and demeaning way she could come up with. How very interesting and revealing that was!

At any rate, I hope you will simply ignore.

It is not worth any effort in trying to sooth the savage beast by extending a few friendly words following a few beastly bites - I speak from experience.

o

There was nothing magnificent about that tirade.

o

Sleeplessinftwayne wrote,

The fact that I was not Johnny-on-the-spot to knuckle under to the fantasies of a twit who doesn't understand plain English does not indicate that I was ducking an answer that I am not obligated to give in the first place.

An ad hominem argument. That's a fallacy. Disappointing.

Factotem, This is the only response you will get from me on this topic. If you want to see the source of the word "threatened" concerning the Email sent to Woodward, you will have to go to Politico for that. Woodward himself did not use the word "threatened" at the time of the interviews I saw. He said it felt like it was an attempt at intimidation. After he was accused of saying he felt "threatened" after the fact of the interview, he denied it, but that was several hours later and the liberal media was already having a hissy and generally screwing the evidence with third-hand false "quotes", much like you are doing.

I can't tell whether you are incredibly lazy and you haven't actually read my post, if you are unable to comprehend direct writing, or if you are dishonest. But in any event, you seem to be countering a point I never made. You go on and on about the use of the word "threatened".

I never even mentioned the word "threatened".

So, what are you talking about?

I will repeat what I wrote; Try to read it with care this time, and then you can reply to what I actually said:

You claim that you read the text of the email as provided by three different sources, and it contains the quote, "you will regret doing this".

I claim you are lying, and that either you did not actually read the text of the email anywhere, and are regurgitating what mrskjun is also flogging without checking it, or you know that the email does not contain that quote, but you are going to say that it does anyway.

Now, all you have to do is produce the text of the email with a source link. You should bold the quote "you will regret doing this" just to be extra-clear.

So, no, I did not lie and I did not misunderstand the situation or what mrskjun said

Sure you did. You said, "Mrskjun said nothing inaccurate in the OP." Mrskjun said Woodward "received an email which stated, 'you will regret doing this'." That's false. You read the text of the email in three places, so you know it's false, but you say it's true, and that the text of the email posted here that does not contain that quote isn't right.

Again, all you have to do to show that the quote "you will regret doing this" is in the email sent to Woodward is to post the text of the email with a link to the source. So simple. Why no text? Why no source link? Why the long discussion about the word "threatened" -- an issue that I never raised?

Where's the text of the email that contains "you will regret doing this"?

And guess what, I recognize propaganda and manipulation in both sides when I see it (I had a very good professor who had made an in depth study of the subject and I made A's that term) and that is what you are attempting but failing to produce.

Yet, you post a falsehood -- that the email contains the quote, "you will regret doing this" -- and I post the truth that it does not. Who is engaging in propaganda and manipulation? You are. By the way, the feeble appeal to authority by proxy fallacy is embarrassing. Bragging about your grades? Really? Good use for the "edit" function.

How old are you? 14 or an immature 15? Don't get the respect in school you think you deserve? Maybe the popular kids laugh at your pretentious little speeches? Your teachers don't recognize your superiority? Let me give you some advice from the viewpoint of someone who is far more experienced than you are at this. You get the respect from your peers and teachers that you earn and right now you are not earning any respect at all. Your IQ doesn't mean diddly and neither does snark! Temper tantrums just don't do it.

And yet here you are engaging in the most puerile of ad hominem arguments in a failed attempt to evade the one and only factual question at issue here:

Does the email contain the quote "you will regret doing this" as you and mrskjun claim?

You say you read the email in three places and it contains that quote in all three. But you won't post the text -- because you can't. That is crystal-clear.

As for this idiocy, you would do better to go back to the beginning of the farce you have made of this subject and actually read the OP in the other thread and my comment for what they say rather than what you want to twist them into without regard to the timeline. You are nowhere as intelligent as you think if you make such basic errors in comprehension. Neither Mrskjun nor I made any judgement as to the accuracy of Mr. Woodward's comments about the e-mail. Both of us reported the fact of his statements. The distortion from intimidation to threat was not ours or Woodward's. His interpretation is all his own.

I never made any mention of anything Woodward said, nor of any reports you or mrskjun made of what Woodward said. You are evading and trying to change the subject. But I will keep you focused.

Mrskjun stated the following:

Woodward ... received an email that stated "you will regret doing this".

I say, and have said, that statement is false. You say it is true, and you have the proof but refuse to post it. I have said nothing regarding any comments by Woodward about being threatened. You defended yourself against a charge I never made, which is truly bizarre.

And yes, I did see the reproduction of the original comment in the e-mail on screen just as I saw and heard later edited versions of it in part and in whole.

Yet you can't simply post the text of the email that contains the quote, "you will regret doing this". Why is that?

So, my dear, sweet, misunderstood genius, go pound sand. Your hysteria, inaccurate and unproven accusations are just as solid as that shifting sand and mean just about as much. Go troll somewhere else.

No amount of gratuitous insult flinging saves you from the fact that you lied about the email containing the quote, "you will regret doing this". And your indignant flounce fools no one; you are fleeing in fear of being exposed. If there was proof, you would have posted it by now.

But you can't. Because it doesn't exist.

o

Great response, Facto

PS the post by sleepless is magnificent as insult.

o

Some people just don't like being challenged I guess.

Agreed. It's those pesky facts that keep getting in the way. Don't you just hate that!

And when they are pointed out, the conservatives here start throwing the insults (and then claim that it's the liberals that insult conservatives). When they run out insults, they just exit the conversation.

It's really embarrassing, actually.

I guess I have just been very fortunate in my life. I've never encountered people like this in real life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here