Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is the NRA is a Terrorist Organization?

Posted by alexr (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 0:30

Terror: Little children were playing Tee Ball and a couple parents had an argument. The one parent pulled out a gun and fired at the other parent as they were driving away. Link to article

Terror: Five juveniles ranging in age from 14 to 16 have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of off-duty paramedic Quinn Boyer in the Oakland Hills two weeks ago. This is just everyday stuff. And who supports this flood of guns? The NRA. Another Link

Then there are the drug cartels and gun running. Even a reporters life isn't worth a dime in Mexico. The stuff you read in the papers or see online makes it seem like Mexico has become a failed state with no real law and order- it's control is by guns and murder.

Who does the NRA represent? Drug cartels, gangs, and anyone who makes money including the gun and armament manufacturers? It's all about the money.. more guns, more ammo, more terror that leads to more guns. The manufacturers and gun sellers just rub their greedy little hands together.

Then there are the collectors, you know, they can't have enough guns and ammo. Hang them on the wall- post pictures to the other collectors.

It's really just penis envy isn't it? I mean really. Only instead of making babies- guns kill babies. Sometimes in mass.

That NRA spokesperson that comes on t.v. makes me sick in the stomach every time I see him spouting the same old lies. But really it doesn't matter what he says because the NRA has bought the politicians. He might as well be saying that the moon is made if green cheese. I mean the NRA owns the government as far as guns are concerned.

But what about explosives? Did you know-
The NRA has become the lobby for bombers: Link

(snip from NPR radio show- All Things Considered- see link below to listen to:)

OVERBY: Kerns says that years ago, taggants were tested on explosives in this country. He says that when a pickup carrying two people was blown up, investigators could follow the taggant trail.

KERNS: Didn't take long for them to apprehend the person who made the bomb.

OVERBY: He says the bomber was convicted and died in prison. But that came long before the wave of terrorist bombings when politics took over the debate. After the first World Trade Center bombing, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms said taggant-free gunpowder would become the explosive of choice for terrorists. After Oklahoma City, President Bill Clinton sent Congress a bill to require taggants; Congress exempted gunpowder. The Atlanta Olympics pipe bomb led then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich to start negotiating on taggants with the Clinton administration. Other Republicans cut him off.....

I rest my case, the NRA is indeed a terrorist organization.

Here is a link that might be useful: All things considered

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is the NRA is a Terrorist Organization?

"Is the NRA is a Terrorist Organization?"

Um, no.

o

"Is the NRA a Terrorist Organization?"

Um, yes.

o

Nope.

o

Put me in the "yes" column.

That organization has become responsible for more terror than Al Qaeda could even dream about.

o

YES!!!!!!!

o

It's all about the money.. more guns, more ammo, more terror that leads to more guns. The manufacturers and gun sellers just rub their greedy little hands together.

The war on terror and the war on drugs, orchestrated and currently operated by Washington, with the full cooperation of Barack Obama, is the world's largest purchaser of guns and ammo, which keeps the armament industry growing and profitable. All in the name of national security and foreign policy.

Guess how many FREE weapons the USA has provided to foreign countries.

Look what the Obama administration has done since 2009.

Selling weapons to Mexico - where cartel violence is out of control - is controversial because so many guns fall into the wrong hands due to incompetence and corruption. The Mexican military recently reported nearly 9,000 police weapons "missing."

Yet the U.S. has approved the sale of more guns to Mexico in recent years than ever before through a program called "direct commercial sales." It's a program that some say is worse than the highly-criticized "Fast and Furious" gunrunning scandal, where U.S. agents allowed thousands of weapons to pass from the U.S. to Mexican drug cartels.

CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson discovered that the official tracking all those guns sold through "direct commercial sales" leaves something to be desired.

One weapon - an AR-15-type semi-automatic rifle - tells the story. In 2006, this same kind of rifle - tracked by serial number - is legally sold by a U.S. manufacturer to the Mexican military.

Three years later - it's found in a criminal stash in a region wracked by Mexican drug cartel violence.

That prompted a "sensitive" cable, uncovered by WikiLeaks, dated June 4, 2009, in which the U.S. State Department asked Mexico "how the AR-15" - meant only for the military or police - was "diverted" into criminal hands.

And, more importantly, where the other rifles from the same shipment went: "Please account for the current location of the 1,030 AR-15 type rifles," reads the cable.

There's no response in the record.

The problem of weapons legally sold to Mexico - then diverted to violent cartels - is becoming more urgent. That's because the U.S. has quietly authorized a massive escalation in the number of guns sold to Mexico through "direct commercial sales." It's a way foreign countries can acquire firearms faster and with less disclosure than going through the Pentagon.

Here's how it works: A foreign government fills out an application to buy weapons from private gun manufacturers in the U.S. Then the State Department decides whether to approve.

And it did approve 2,476 guns to be sold to Mexico in 2006. In 2009, that number was up nearly 10 times, to 18,709. The State Department has since stopped disclosing numbers of guns it approves, and wouldn't give CBS News figures for 2010 or 2011.

With Mexico in a virtual state of war with its cartels, nobody's tracking how many U.S. guns are ending up with the enemy.

"I think most Americans are aware that there's a problem in terms of the drug traffickers in Mexico, increases in violence," said Bill Hartung, an arms control advocate with the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy. "I don't think they realize that we're sending so many guns there, and that some of them may be diverted to the very cartels that we're trying to get under control."

The State Department audits only a tiny sample - less than 1 percent of sales - but the results are disturbing: In 2009, more than a quarter (26 percent) of the guns sold to the region that includes Mexico were "diverted" into the wrong hands, or had other "unfavorable" results.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation's Larry Keane, who speaks for gun manufacturers, said he understands the potential for abuse.

"There have been 150,000 or more Mexican soldiers defect to go work for the cartels, and I think it's safe to assume that when they defect they take their firearms with them," Keane told CBS News.

But Keane said the sales help the U.S.

"These sales by the industry actually support U.S. national security interests," Keane told Attkisson. "If they didn't, the State Department wouldn't allow them."

"Do they need better oversight?" asked Attkisson.

"It's certainly for the State Department and the Mexican government to try to make sure that the cartels don't obtain firearms that way," he replied. "But that's really beyond the control of the industry."

Mexico is now one of the world's largest purchasers of U.S. guns through direct commercial sales, beating out countries like Iraq. The State Department office that oversees the sales wouldn't agree to an interview. But an official has told Congress their top priority is to advance national security and foreign policy.
© 2011 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Who sold weapons to Libyan rebels?

Add the USA to your list.

o

The hypocrisy is:

We are willing to arm other citizens to enable them to create war and terror, as long as we disarm our own citizens.

This becomes a moral issue now, so run for cover.

o

Yes.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 10:12

Um....Yes.

The NRA is "providing material assistance to terrorists". No question that the NRA is a terrorist organization.

o

Yes.

o

Interesting side note... per federal law in place since the 1930's - when hunting migratory birds, duck hunters are only allowed to use a shotgun that carries no more than three shells. If the shotgun carries more than three shells, the hunter is required to “plug” the gun so that only three shots can be fired before reloading.

Ducks get more protection than people.

o

The NRA's advertising campaign around 'Second Amendment Rights' sounds like "Wrap Me in the Flag" terrorism to me. Read the rants on forums where people claim they need arms to prevent government takeover'. The next step is 'taking over'.

o
RE: Is the NRA a Terrorist Organization?

Why has the National Rifle Association become the lobby for terrorist bombers?

"We have technology to put taggants in explosives so they can be traced. We don't use this ability because the NRA has blocked every attempt by the ATF to enact this policy."

At one time "taggants" were used in gunpowder and even helped us catch a bomber. Since then the NRA has lobbied Congress to stop using these identifying markers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daily Kos -NRA and explosives.

o

"We are willing to arm other citizens to enable them to create war and terror, as long as we disarm our own citizens."

Yeah... what's up with this? Where's the anger and outrage over this? And where HAS it been in all the time arms manufacturers and dealers have profited arming both sides of various global conflicts over the decades?

Back to the OP...

I cannot make a judgment call as I do not belong to, nor follow the tenets or edicts or ideals or whatever of the NRA.

I simply want my 2nd Amendment rights left intact, just as I want the rest of the Constitution and Bill of Rights left intact. I think we're pretty much done once we change a few vital issues to reflect our nation of today.

Methinks the general public plays mighty fast and loose with the words "terrorist" and "terrorism", ever since they were introduced and repeated like a thousand times in front of media cameras and microphones, and fed to the public in big, heaping spoonfuls... talk about subliminal implantation...

o

Benghazi was terrorism, and lets try to keep up the 'Outrage Chorus' of blaming Obama for not calling it so right away.

Massacring first graders at Sandyhook, however, should not be called terrorism. Because, well, you know.

o

"I simply want my 2nd Amendment rights left intact,..." Nobody wants to take away your 2nd amendment, a large part of the population just want to restrict and define the kind of arms that are available for you to bear. When the amendment was drafted in the late 1700's the type of guns now available to anyone could not have been imagined. It was written in a different time that's for sure.

I will keep my opinion to myself as to whether or not the NRA is a terrorist organization.

o

YES. And blfenton makes an excellent point in terms of American history.

o

We as a nation tolerate terrorism as long as it is practiced by our government on other peoples and in support of economic interests. Fear is a great motivator and secrecy keeps the rubes ignorant, especially with a compliant media.

That about covers my Saturday rant. Back to work.

o

alexr, YES!

o

Is the aclu a terrrist backing organization?
I mean how stupid can it get here!

o

Is the aclu a terrorist organization? NO!

Is the NRA a terrorist organization? YES!

And I have no objections to someone curtailing the government's trafficing in guns internationally also. Go to it!

Kate

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 18:18

YES!!!

o

The ACLU works in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country.

These rights include:
First Amendment rights - freedom of speech, association and assembly; freedom of the press, and freedom of religion.

Right to equal protection under the law - protection against unlawful discrimination.

Right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of liberty or property is at stake.

Right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into personal and private affairs.

The ACLU also works to extend rights to segments of the population that have traditionally been denied their rights, including people of color; women; the GLBT community; prisoners; and people with disabilities.

Now what is it exactly that the NRA does that might be remotely comparable - given that we live here and not in some distant galaxy far far away where all things are settled with a group hug?

o

Ditto what Kate said.

Work place equality.... No
NRA......Yes

This may work if we say terrorist everybody jumps on the wagon.

NRA fighting background checks would be considered a Terrorist organization. They support little citizen Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, being able to obtain a gun, no problem. We should encourage terrorist to buy guns to kill us. Would not want his rights stepped on. Asking for ID and background check to see if you are on the Terrorist watch list would be infringing on citizen's rights.

Yep I would say that is a good policy for the terrorist.

o

No they are just lobbyists preying on paranoia to advance the interests of the weapons industry . But the recent defeat of the background check legislation (that my own state NJ already has in a stricter form) just shows the vast influence of that lobby and the cowardice of legislators who pander to it to get reelected . I daresay the big brother influx of cameras everywhere and impending drone use by the police is part of the part of the issue too . I.E. I'm doing nothing illegal , but you are spying on me with an airborne camera anyway - bang camera drone gone . Is the gun issue why Bill left the forum ? I miss him and his honest straightforward opinions even as a read mostly comment once in a while poster .

o

Actually the NRA are lobbyists who use terror and fear of terrorists to advance the agenda of themselves and that of gun manufacturers. Does that make them an actual terrorist organization? I think it makes them an organization of conspiracy theorists who have hijacked the 2nd amendment using fear and intimidation to stay in power.

I'm just not sure how many of you have a terrorist living in your neighbourhood.

o

Thje NRA isnt 1 person, its nearly 5 million people, doctors, lawyers, meat cutters, entists, machinuists, farmers. Are we all terrorists in your bent vision?. maybe by the standards presented here, cops are terrorists. They , and the justice system , refuse to uphold the gun laws. Blame them awhile, .NRA members are not criminals, why does it make sense to label me a terrorist? You haters are blinded by your hate.

o

Who hates whom?

o

If the public had been inundated with as many bloody photos of small children decimated at Sandy Hook as we have been with photos of Boston adults with their limbs blown off, damned straight we'd be calling the NRA a terrorist organization.

o

That is just dumb, the NRA did not kill children nor anyone else, a crazy person did, save yer hate for those who do bad deeds for cryin out loud. What sense is there in blaming innicent people? Thats just stupid.

o

My question is... what good does "restricting and defining" do when it's not those who abide by the laws we already have that cause mayhem and commit firearm related crime?

Do you really think those with criminal intent obtain their weapons of choice legally?

That's all anyone wants to do these days... restrict and define...

Restrict and define what we do in the privacy of our own bedrooms. Restrict and define what we do with our bodies. Restrict and define who we can marry.

It's a regular "Restrict and Define-Fest" going on out there in "Political-Protect-Me-Land", egged on by a media doing its masters' bidding.

Why don't we put restrictions and definitions where they really belong... on Wall Street... where discrimination and prejudices still reign... on the involvement of religious ideals in legislation... on bias and misinformation in journalism... on the money related to our political and election system... on the privacy taken away from the citizenry... on budget cuts that harm our various systems... on the exact kind of Justice System antics that allow violent criminals to be freed to commit more violent crime... etc... etc... etc...

Like I keep saying... there are some very twisted ideas of what is logical, rational, and will really work floating about, overloaded with fear fed by media hype... and every outrage does nothing but divert the public's attention while some other rights are maneuvered out from under us, or while more of our planet is taken for greed's sake. And all anyone is really left with is a false sense of security.

In the end, we're all on our own... and I'd like to think that I don't have to rely on our new, heavily armed, para-military police state for protection or survival.

There is nothing wrong with the laws we have now... it's how the system handles everything that requires restricting and redefining.

o

NRA: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

NRA: "Guns save lives."

Which is it? Can't be both.

The NRA has the rocket surgeon,Ted Nugent on its board of directors. 'Nuff said.

o

"If the public had been inundated with as many bloody photos of small children decimated at Sandy Hook as we have been with photos of Boston adults with their limbs blown off, damned straight we'd be calling the NRA a terrorist organization."

By that same logic, one could say: "If the public had been inundated with as many bloody photos of small viable fetuses decimated at abortion clinics as we have been with photos of Boston adults with their limbs blown off, damned straight we'd be calling Planned Parenthood a terrorist organization."

Note I didn't, wouldn't say that. But I'll bet there would be major outrage at photos like that, as I am sure there is at the Gosnell trial and rightly so. As it is, out of sight, out of mind. All life is precious; it's bad enough we have enemies, let alone killing the children, anyone's children.

"

o

You betcha. That which the nra espouses and deems holy is akin to the townsfold seeing the Emporer's New Clothes while ooo-ing and ah-ing. They are purely selfish sons of guns, with blood on their hands and guns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here