Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paulk Apology Expands

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:43

“I no longer support the ex-gay movement or efforts to attempt to change individuals " especially teens who already feel insecure and alienated. I feel great sorrow over the pain that has been caused when my words were misconstrued.”

Misconstrued I think not.

Paulk a former prostitute was the poster Boy for the ex gay INDUSTRY. He made his living being a professional ex gay!

Just one more in a line of former ex ex's that say it never did work & we are sorry for the harm we have caused.. Unfortunately for some half a lifetime disappeared down a drain trying to conform to some form of idiosyncratic religious fantasy.

There were the Founders of Exodus International

Michael Bussee and his partner Gary Cooper quit the group and held a life commitment ceremony together.On June 27, 2007, Bussee, along with fellow former Exodus leaders Jeremy Marks and Darlene Bogle, issued a public apology for their roles in Exodus ( the granddaddy & grand-mammy of the Ex fixit, screw you ministries)

John J. Smid was the director of the Memphis, Tennessee ex-gay ministry Love In Action,

, years after having left his Love In Action post, he stated that he was homosexual, and that he had "never met a man who experienced a change from homosexual to heterosexual. That was the original push but after all these directors started telling their truth. The Religious right moved the goal posts & said it was the same as drug addiction & that the person was simply enduring & acting as if they were heterosexual.

"In 1994, Focus on the Family’s James Dobson convened a meeting at a castle in Colorado’s Glen Eyrie conference center. Fifty-five virulently anti-gay organizations and activists met with the single-minded mission of stamping out the embattled LGBT movement."

Mel White former ghost writer for Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, & Jerry Fallwell blew the whistle on the meeting in his book Religion Gone Bad.

Mel was also no stranger to the cures having undergone exorcisms, electro convulsive shock, psychotherapy till finally finding peace by coming to terms with being gay after spending years in the religious right. Creating speeches & the very personalities that people came to know as the leaders of US Evangelical movements.
His ex wife wrote the forward to his book.

.To Be Gay And Christian In America Stranger at the Gate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paulk Apology Expands

Sad...

o

One could think of it in terms of all the lives ruined... or gone... because of such idiocy and ignorance.

Just another reason to place in the list of cons when it comes to religious notions... and that's my opinion.

o

• Posted by rosie NE Georgia 7A/B (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 15:44

Many lost more than half a life. The suicide rate is very high anyway, so what must it be for those who hoped to be cured of their "perversion."

As for Paulk, I only wish he did "feel great sorrow." He's just one of many who cynically gain affluence and attention pandering to certain audiences, then want respectability on top of it.

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 4:20

"Fifty-five virulently anti-gay organizations and activists"

This is one of the things that amazes me. So many people, so much money and energy and organizational talent, so many resources. 55 committed, deep-pocketed, enthusiastic organizations, and where is their energy going?
I have this picture in my head, like when the flat earthers just couldn't justify themselves anymore in the face of facts, they moved to the fringe of society, marginalized. No more funding, no more new members, no more influential support from well-respected citizens and/or decision-makers.

o

Very well said, Batya.

o

Batya always says things well. That's why she's such a good presence on this forum.

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 14:19

((( blushing )))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here