Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Kennedy tradition lives on!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 4:51

It looks like Caroline will become ambassador to Japan. Her grandfather, Joe, was the ambassador to England as WW 2 got going and had to be recalled for saying that England didn't have a chance against Hitler. Let's hope that Caroline doesn't disgrace herself...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Kennedy tradition lives on!

I think it's more worthwhile and a larger contribution to society that her husband is on the US Commission of Fine Arts.

o

I think she's a good choice.

o

Why?

o

Caroline has many characteristics that would make her a fine Ambassador not the least of which is connections.

An Ambassadorship to a country like Japan is mostly about connections back in the States both political and business. She can open doors. I would bet that "hosting" would be a biggie in Japan as well. No doubt Caroline is gracious, intelligent and mature,

In my opinion ,she would not be as good a candidate for many other countries where great political and social strife exists.

o

I agree with Chase.

The Japanese like superstar ambassadors - and they'll get a good one in her. She's smart, well informed, cultured, and she's a Kennedy. I think she'll represent the US well to the Japanese.

o

She's a classy woman like her mother...quiet, unassuming and intelligent. A fine representation plus the added benefit of one of favorite president's daughter.

o

Given what's going on in N. Korea, I think an Ambassador to Japan better have more than hostessing skills, fish knives and good breeding in their bag of tricks. I think her law degree will end up coming in very handy. So will an appreciation for security.

I couldn't care less that a Kennedy is getting this job.

o

Glad you approve of her getting out of her gated estate to advance the American image...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here