Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Terrorists Privacy Rights Protected By Governor

Posted by brightonborn (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 6:52

Oh yes..;lthe "mini me" to Obama...the Governor of MA. is refusing to release any information about the welfare benefits the Terrorist bomber" and his family recieived. They got everything Section 8 housing, college tuition, food stamps, EBT cardsi etc. The amounts of which are being withheld by the "lefty Democrat" Gov..
So many Dem. friends are switching parties as a result of the events of Marathon Monday.....so there may be light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
Remember an 8 year old boy was killed ...and the Gov. protects the man that killed him.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Terrorists Privacy Rights Protected By Governor

Their privacy rights SHOULD be protected by the governor...and also by fellow citizens - even by you.

o

Yes indeed, his rights need to be protected.

I'm happy to hear that the U.S. Attorney finally informed him of his Miranda rights and that he took them serious and is no longer answering any questions.

Hopefully anything he said or penned will not be admissible in court.

We need to forget everything he has said up to this point. He did it under duress and intimidation.

This post was edited by brushworks on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 7:11

o

A rendition is in order...

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 7:25

"the "mini me" to Obama"

..... don't be coy, say what you really mean.

This FAMILY received all those benefits originally under a Republican governor (and the prez in 2002?) ... come on now you remember :)

So one year after 9/11 a Muslim family was given asylum and handouts by republicans in charge.

o

And how much taxpayer money they received should be kept private? I don't care if it's republican or democrat. Why should this info be withheld?

o

Some of the most dangerous people in America are those who hate our Constitution, as do brightonborn and tobr24u.

They allow -- encourage, even -- politicians to ignore and flout the most important rights granted to persons in the Constitution. They have the potential to do far more fundamental and lasting damage to our society than could terrorists.

o

Richard...straighten up and fly right...metaphorically speaking you know!!

o

And you have a problem with this because...................................

Maybe you could tell us how much you receive in government benefits - because we all receive them, in one way or another.

Or is that none of our business?

o

mom, I think people are just angry. And do terrorists have the same rights as everyone? I don't know. We gave these people asylum, and look where the parents are now living. The youngest got a 25,000.00 scholarship to a prestigious private school. We met their every need with the same taxpayer money earned by those who will earn no longer, or never get a chance to.

A quote on CNN from a good Jihadist mom.

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!“

o

Me? Hate that cherished paper? Never! I love the 2nd...

o

Oh, and how about a rendition for mom?

o

mrskjun wrote,

And do terrorists have the same rights as everyone?

Add mrskjun to the list of people who hate the Constitution.

o

What a silly person you are facto lol.

o

tobr24u wrote,

Me? Hate that cherished paper? Never! I love the 2nd...

Exactly -- you selectively love certain parts of the Constitution, while hating outhers, such as the assurance of due process and prohibitions against warrantless searches and cruel or unusual punishment, etc.

This hatred for these crucial rights is very, very dangerous. We need to be on guard for those who hate our freedoms in this way. They are among us.

o

But the all-inclusive "We" has to be redefined from time to time...

o

mrskjun wrote,

What a silly person you are facto lol.

mrskjun attacks people who support the rights conferred to the people by the Constitution by calling them "silly", and believes it is a laughing matter.

This is the sort of indication for which to be on the lookout. People who understand and cherish the Constitution must be vigilant for this attitude, as it supports the degradation of our essential rights.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 12:49

I understand that people are angry, but that doesn't justify taking his rights away. He's a citizen, not a terrorist, and he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, and he does have the same rights as everyone else.

We gave his parents asylum, and maybe things have changed back home since 2002 and it's safe to go back to whatever country they actually live in, or were afraid of.

The scholarship was for a bright boy, no one has clairvoyance, no one could see what would happen last week.

Plenty of people are not grateful for all the benefits America offers them - and most of the ungrateful wretches were born and raised in the US, as were their parents and grandparents. Most people who emigrate to the US are so happy and so grateful for everything.

o

Yah gotta love the original post . It tells you about priorities and sense of entitlement to wipe out any an all due process!

o

We have to creat a category of those who do not deserve rights-those who do not agree with me or who do anything I dont like.

Why are so many conservatives afraid of others having rights? Apparently they do not believe in the American way.

o

Other people having rights seems to infringe on what they've come to believe is their inviolate American Way.

"Others" serve no purpose except to assail a comfort zone.

o

A quote on CNN from a good Jihadist mom.

“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!“

MsK, your characterization of Zabeida Tsarnaeva seems odd considering that she is still in denial that her sons were involved in the bombing. Given your stated background as leader of a bereavement group, I'm surprised you don't see the quoted statements as a mother grieving the actions and fate of her beloved sons.

But the mother of the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing remains resolute in her belief that her sons were not involved in the attack.

She told CNN's Nick Paton Walsh in Makhachkala, Dagestan, that she believes the tragedy that killed three people and injured dozens more was staged and that the bombing was fake.

Zubeidat Tsarnaev interview video: Dzhokhar, Tamaran Tsarnaev's mother says bombing possibly faked

o

She said what she said nancy.

o

Yes, even terrorists have rights. This young man has not been convicted of anything at this point. He has a right to a trial and if convicted he will be punished accordingly. Thank goodness we have such rights in our country, they protect us all.

o

She said what she said...

from grief and shock.

o

"The federal government managed to hunt down, arrest, charge, try, convict and execute Timothy McVeigh without junking due process.
When Jared Lee Loughner attempted to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and shot dead a federal judge and a 9-year-old, grandstanding lawmakers did not demand that he be taken into military custody. Nor did they make that demand when James Holmes was arrested for killing 12 people and wounding 70 others at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.
But now Senator Lindsey Graham is calling for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be classified as an enemy combatant and “held and questioned under the law of war,” without a lawyer."

"The real difference is that Mr. Tsarnaev is a Muslim, and the United States has since the 9/11 terrorist attacks constructed a separate and profoundly unequal system of detention and punishment that essentially applies only to Muslims."

Here is a link that might be useful: NYT opinion

o

I started a separate thread on it, rapidly moving down the page with only one comment, but I'll repost the link here.

Contrast what the Mom said about her sons, with what the uncle said - at the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

I believe pubic assistance ("welfare") records are considered confidential. I think that applies to everyone.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 19:29

Jon Stewart said it best ...

"“First of all, not reading someone their Miranada rights doesn’t mean they don’t have Miranda rights,” Stewart explained. “You have Miranda rights under the constitution. You don’t need to say them out loud for them to become real"

o

If they had used assault rifles instead of bombs, would they still be terrorists?

o

Since they are muslims, kitchenwitch, a lot of people would probably still call them terrorists.

o

"Since they are muslims, kitchenwitch, a lot of people would probably still call them terrorists."

Maybe "a lot of people would." I think, though, you just attach the appropriate adjective, purely for descriptive purposes: "senior citizen terrorists," "Polish terrorists." etc. Probably if one wants to attach some particular significance to the purpose of the terrorists, one would say: "Catholic terrorists," or "Islamic terrorists."

www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist: "One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism. adj. Of or relating to terrorism. ter ror·is tic adj. terrorist [ˈtɛrərɪst]. n. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) ..."

I think choice of weapon, ethnicity, gender, age, etc. is totally equal opportunity.

Here is a link that might be useful: Terrorists A to Z

o

Thank you MomJ!.

o

Off topic ...but I was wondering why the younger brother became a citizen on Sept. 11 last year. The other brother could not because he had a criminal record for abuse, but why that date? Did becoming a citizen fit into the bombing plan?

o

Would he have had a choice in the date or is it a strange kind of synchronicity?
One site I looked at says you receive a date from them.

o

Many people seem ok with trashing inconvenient amendments to the constitution, but hold dearly to the 2nd.

What's up with that? It's comical. And predictable.

o

"Many people seem ok with trashing inconvenient amendments to the constitution,..."

Examples, please.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 10:23

He would have had no choice in the date he became a citizen.

I suspect that date was picked, by the Citizenship and Immigration Office, on purpose - very symbolic. A good day to say to the rest of the world that people still want to become citizens of this country even if some of "you" hate us.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

Take your pick, elvis. Under assorted circumstances, people and groups have found many/most of these amendmends "inconvenient" at one time or another when it serves their agenda. Lotza times it even makes the news. Sometimes it's discussed here on HT.

1st Protects freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government.
2nd Protects a militia's and an individual's right to bear arms
3rd Prohibits the forced quartering of soldiers during peacetime
4th Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and sets out requirements for search warrants based on probable cause
5th Sets out rules for indictment by grand jury and eminent domain, protects the right to due process, and prohibits self-incrimination and double jeopardy
6th Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury, including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel
7th Provides for the right to trial by jury in certain civil cases, according to common law
8th Prohibits excessive fines and excessive bail, as well as cruel and unusual punishment
9th Protects rights not enumerated in the constitution.
10th Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution
11th Makes states immune from suits from out-of-state citizens and foreigners not living within the state borders. Lays the foundation for sovereign immunity

12th Revises presidential election procedures 13th Abolishes slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime
14th Defines citizenship, contains the Privileges or Immunities Clause, the Due Process Clause, the Equal Protection Clause, and deals with post-Civil War issues
15th Prohibits the denial of suffrage based on race, color, or previous condition of servitude

16th Allows the federal government to collect income tax
17th Establishes the direct election of United States Senators by popular vote
18th Establishes prohibition of alcohol (repealed by Twenty-first Amendment)
19th Establishes women's suffrage
20th Fixes the dates of term commencements for Congress (January 3) and the President (January 20); known as the "lame duck amendment"
21st Repeals the Eighteenth Amendment and prohibits violations of state laws regarding alcohol.
22nd Limits the number of times that a person can be elected president. A person cannot be elected president more than twice. Additionally, a person who has served more than two years of a term to which someone else was elected cannot be elected more than once
23rd Provides for representation of Washington, D.C., in the Electoral College
24th Prohibits the revocation of voting rights due to the non-payment of poll taxes 25th Codifies the Tyler Precedent; defines the process of presidential succession
26th Establishes the right to vote for those age 18 years or older.
27th Prevents laws affecting Congressional salary from taking effect until the beginning of the next session of Congress

o

Somehow, I'm reminded of a scene from Alice in Wonderland, where the Red Queen shouts, "off with their heads!"...

o

Thanks, Duluth, for taking the time to copy that for me. Nice summary you found there; what site is that?

Elly said: "Many people seem ok with trashing inconvenient amendments to the constitution, but hold dearly to the 2nd."

I should have been more specific, since clarification & specificity was what I was asking re Elly's statement. I mean who are the "many" who are okay with trashing amendments they find inconvenient, but "cling dearly" to the 2nd?

Or is this a general inconsequential statement just flung out there, like: "Many people seem okay with trashing inconvenient traffic laws, but cling dearly to the one about stop signs."

If that's all it is, never mind, Elly. I thought maybe you were making a point there.

o

Wikipedia, elvis, using the basic keywords "amendments to the Constitution". And there's a chart for the even more basic cut and paste operation.

o

Thanks, Duluth. That's a handy reference list. After the 22nd one, I just can't recite them all by rote...

;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here