Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You got that right!

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 7:07

Thank you David Axelrod. Just what republicans have been saying all along.

"The choice in this election is between an economy that produces a growing middle class, and that gives people a chance to get ahead, and their kids a chance to get ahead, and an economy that continues down the road we�re on," Axelrod said........."

And just why are we continuing down the road we are on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You got that right!

And just why are we continuing down the road we are on?

Perhaps if the federal level Republicans would participate in some decisions that help the middle class for a change we could be on a different road.

Instead they just want to give tax cuts to the folks making over $250,000 in the hopes that something will trickle down. A strategy which has not worked in quite some time.

o

No, esh, they would like to reform the tax code. Cut out loopholes and deductions. Do you honestly think that those folks making over 250,000 are going to pay a dime more if their taxes are raised? These are the people who can afford the best tax lawyers to find these loopholes and deductions. This Buffett Rule is nothing but a campaign ploy. Class warfare at it's best. And when the Buffett Rule is voted on in the senate today, it will go down in flames because democrats won't vote for it either.

o

At the moment it is a muddle class...

o

I fully support tax reform and removal of loopholes as do most Democrats including the President.

But don't reform the tax structure so that people in the upper brackets pay less than they do now dollar-wise. Revenue needs to go up.

o

The Ryan plan calls for complete elimination of taxes on capital gains and dividends.

Then goes on to talk about closing deductions - and guess what - the top most expensive deductions are the mortgage deduction, 401Ks, and employee health insurance business expense.

And there we have it - close those loopholes, and cut taxes completely on those whose income is derived from dividends and capital gains. You know, people like Mitt Romney, the Walmart Heirs, Warren Buffet, etc.

Some way to simplify the tax code, huh.

o

"And just why are we continuing down the road we are on?"

Because we have a Democrat president and Senate with an unshakable belief that government knows how to grow jobs and wealth through taxation, and that it's their job to "spread the wealth around." I once had a professor stay with a straight face that Communism works when given enough time. Personally, I think the nation has had about all the taxing and spending it can take.

o

The Ryan Plan follows the principle laid down by Libertarians that to rein in Big Government, you have to starve it but cutting taxes. Cutting taxes reduces the absolute volume of levies supporting government agencies and activities. Government responses: go into short and long-term debt to fund infrastructure projects and/or levy fees and fines on individuals and companies and/or raid the coffers of smaller governments, thus reversing the traditional direction of redistribution of tax revenues.

o

I look at it more as a deliberate attempt to bankrupt the government, then loot the common resources - roads, national forest, minerals, libraries, airports, etc. for their own gain.

/cynic that I am

o
forgot

to add social security and medicaire. Get that money into private hands ASAP.

o

/cynic that I am

I'm going to sit at David's table; cynics united.

o

Please let me join you both.

o

David: "...then loot the common resources - roads, national forest, minerals, libraries, airports, etc. for their own gain."

That's a joke, right? I'm waiting for the punchline :-)

o

I think you just provided it El.

o

Don't forget the post office, David!

o

Good morning, Ink.

Bruhahahahahaha :)

o

please can I join you at the /cynic that I am table. add health insurance.

o

David, Nancy, may I join you, please?

o

Are you all joining David Axelrod? Thanks!

o

I cannot speak for the others but I am joining both Davids'.

I know what kind of gov't I want and what is on the menu at the Republican table is not what I want set before me and my family. Hate, greed, lost opportunity, no post office, no affordable health care and last but not least bankrupt gov't, thanks to Bush and Co does not sound like such a good menu.

o

Oooh, oooh, please save me a seat at the cynic table!

o

Plenty of room, Jill... please join us! :-)

Skeptical and cynical have become part of my normal repertoire, as sad as that thought is. Still, it's necessary in this, the supposed "enlightened" century.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here