Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Business as Usual or Elected Terrorists

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 8:53

No Honeymoon period no potential for bi partisan ship not a single patriot among them I posit that planned obstructionism that some of you denied from the git go, Was little different than flying planes into the WTC.
"Attending the dinner were House members Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, Pete Hoekstra, Dan Lungren, Kevin McCarthy, Paul Ryan and Pete Sessions. From the Senate were Tom Coburn, Bob Corker, Jim DeMint, John Ensign and Jon Kyl. Others present were former House Speaker and future and failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and the Republican strategist Frank Luntz, who organised the dinner and sent out the invitations.

The dinner table was set in a square at Luntz's request so everyone could see one another and talk freely. The session lasted four hours and by the end the sombre mood had lifted: they had conceived a plan. They would take back the House in November 2010, which they did, and use it as a spear to mortally wound Obama in 2011 and take back the Senate and White House in 2012, Draper writes.

"If you act like you're the minority, you're going to stay in the minority," said Keven McCarthy, quoted by Draper. "We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."

Here is a link that might be useful: criminal behavior

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Business as Usual or Elected Terrorists

I wondered how long it would take for someone to post this.
no real surprise.
but hey, they are the "love American crowd"
They were doing it for the good of the country.

o

The hate the US crowd on here could'nt get an approval to speak about the stimulus for a year and half without the phony talking points of McConnell..... till McConnell finally conceded that the money he sucked up did his state some good. All the other piggies who promised they wouldn't take a nicke didn't they took millions & millions.
That was just fat head party hacks on here the freeper element kept it up long after the cat was out of the bag & rethugs were openly bluster "Yeah I took stimulus & inhaled deeply".
All those politicians speaking out 1 side of their mouth were posing with big stimulus checks in their districts.
Response on here was typical "well as long as the money is there we should get our share" what can you expect from a bunch of loser who literally plan from day 1 to obstruct.
If any of them have any loyalty oaths they should be fined & tried for acting in bad faith against the business of the nation. I think the rest of us need a very long break from this pack of home grown traitors & terrorists even if their constituents will support this attack.
Reminds me of the SWANSEE CONFRENCE took years to prove that one & what it's real business was! Gingrich was there looks like he was supposed to be it..... huh? Wel he was always ..it in my book.
Well as McConnell explained to the Heritage Foundation the topi Political Priority was to deny Obama a 2nd term.
Not the rhetoric of Country First but the promise of Obstruction, Obstruction & Obstruction which most sane people saw. which most party hacks & their fellow travelers denied again & again & again. Loyalty to Party over nation I suggest may be treasonous. & Frank Luntz & those present should be at least questioned by the FBI and Homeland Security.
Lest make it something ridiculous potential violations of the Interstate Commerce ACT that would be good for starters.
What do I expect well I expect the Rethugs on here will either not respond of wave it off.

Here is a link that might be useful: out of the mouths of (,,,,,,,,,,)

o

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president's economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama's economic stimulus plan.)

Robert Draper's revelation only confirms what was already more than obvious.

Supporters of President Obama's various initiatives were also frustrated by the continuing attempts at building consensus when it was clear that there would be no Republican attempt to cooperate. In the ultimate cynical spinning, the GOP then cited frustration with the president's conciliation as support for its position.

By extension, however, the Draper anecdote also negatively reflects on the Obama administration for failing to appreciate how quickly congressional Republicans would oppose the president's agenda.

o

Failing to appreciate or getting enough dirt to fill a freight train!

o

It will be interesting to follow and read the comments or lack of comments by the forum members regarding this thread discussion - to watch the life or death of this thread.

I think it might be on life support though, Joe.

o

Gee now I knew this post wouldn't get any response LOL yall are so full of it a credit to yer parteeeee!

o

I am SO glad you posted this labrea. My thoughts were that it's treason. You cannot plot to overthrow the president of the US without consequences.

o

Not only have we discussed obstructionism, but haven't we actually read the word "impeach" used a few times, as well?

o

That's been the lay in wait position all along!

o

Deafening silence.

Figures.

o

Hey got more response then the phony fiscal conservatives article by Krugman.
I enjoy the fact the your mere presence outrages so many of them.

o

Wasn't there a lot of denying that the "Party of No" was an apt description?

Just as there's a lot of denying that there is a Republican war on women... and gays and immigrants.

o

Today's moment of silence.

o

You expect conservapedia to comment on this or anything like it. If They can't do a simple Krugman post on fiscal phonies they won't do this.
They like the party they troll for simply say no!

o

No surprise really...

Lie, distort, derail -- there is no difference between the conservatives in Congress and those here.

No wonder they're silent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here