Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This just in II

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 9:22

A view of the Trayvon Martin affair from a cross the pond containing some new stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: who are the bad guys?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This just in II

zimmerman-ed again, this was not just in, in case anyone is unclear on the concept.

o

I imagine you read the article from TODAY'S Independent before commenting marshal?

o

Thanks, Ink. It's always interesting to see how others see us.

For the Katrina militias, as for the Sanford neo-Nazis, protecting white America meant threatening blacks; for the conservative blogosphere, protecting George Zimmerman means dirtying the name of a dead youth. This uneasy parity in logic reveals the racist undertones of a campaign to thugify Trayvon which writers have shared with white supremacists. Zimmerman will be tried by the courts, now, and not by the media -- which is all the protesters ever wanted. But in the meantime, the American far right must take a serious look at the company it keeps.

I'm cynical enough to say that the U.S. far right knows the company it keeps, and doesn't care. Dog-whistle politics were in evidence earlier this year during the GOP primaries. The immediate rush to defend was stupifying.

o

Ink, what the Independent described is so American, as Nancy clearly implies. Just good old American politicking and bigotry. Why do we need a half dozen threads on this topic?

o

Why do we need a half dozen threads on this topic?

I think the link the link between right-wing media and fringe elements is worth exploring. The Tea Party would not have had its few month's of fame were it not for the right-wing media. Nor would second third-rate intellects such as Coulter and Malkin succeed without the media-fringe overlap. Beck and Breitbart as well. The Terry Schiavo hysteria would not have existed without this overlap. Same with the Swift Boat attack on John Kerry. The examples are too numerous to list, and more are coming.

o

Thanks Nancy, I did think there was enough new information here to expand the discussion beyond the repetitious threads that marshall is concerned with. Here we have a conscious effort to distort not only what little truth is known but also to manipulate public opinion and to stir up trouble, the effects of which has been obvious here.

o

Novel idea. I'm gonna sit this one out and see what happens if no one disagrees with you. Probably somebody just can't resist, but one can always hope... :)

o

Fox pigs promoted the Sanford Neo-nazis as "civil rights group".

Will they get fired for that?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here