Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Balanced World

Posted by brushworks Zone5-Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 9:59

"China and France both want a multipolar world. We want there to be a balance. We refuse a world of powers, and of superpowers," Hollande said. "When China and France agree on a position, we can drive the world."

I do believe it's time for the USA to step down from the throne of superpower and join the fellowship of peace and mutual understanding. Wouldn't it be wise to allow the citizens of this world to elect a government that cares for all people?

Surely you agree!

Here is a link that might be useful: Multipolar World

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Balanced World

I'm for it, though I think it's naive to imagine that China is not one of the 3 or 4 most powerful polities in the world, and exceedingly likely to be the most powerful in the next century.

o

In political theory it would be nice but it leaves out the Aggressive Nationalism that comes from the collective unconscious of any given population.
I was taught never underestimate it's power to get a people off their collective asses & leave their sleepy little postcard towns & act out aggression on their neighbors while manipulating the symbols of their right to do so in something of a near religious fan dance, shadow puppet play.

Gotta have the HOOPLAH to play the jingo jig!

o

And who is better at it than us Joe?

o

There are a lot of Fatherlands & Motherlands out there that do a nice sword dance around the Victim/Agressor position.

The Us is hardly alone in the But they are Hutu's cant you see they are Tutsi's, Lebensraum, Eretz Isreal, Pan Arabic United Ireland, Basque sort of way.
I mean it's quieted down a little since the mad little house painter & the Euro fascists did their little mess up and the aftermath when the workers Paradise spread across the globe.
The US is pretty good at the Land of the Free Home of the Brave story line walk softly & rebuild all your nukes even though yah got a Peace Prize kind of way.
I really don't know much about Andorra but I have seen Black Friday at malls and that is in small the World at Large.

o

I'm for it, though I think it's naive to imagine that China is not one of the 3 or 4 most powerful polities in the world, and exceedingly likely to be the most powerful in the next century.

I don't think China has the patience or option to wait much longer.

o

"When China and France agree on a position, we can drive the world."

When China and whichever other nation agrees with her on a position, they can drive the world... unless an alternative economic bloc presents a challenge such as a powerful European Union or Latin America.

Not likely, however, in the near future.

o

I don't think China has the patience or option to wait much longer.

One has to remember that by 2050 India will have over 300 million MORE people than China and their wealth (GDP) will be equal to the US. The only saving grace to keeping the US at bay somewhat is our relative physical isolation. China doesn't have that luxury.

-Ron-

o

A has-been and a wannabe...

o

China has plans for bigger & better aircraft carriers to be completed in the 2020s.
"The chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Martin Dempsey, visited Beijing for high-level talks with his Chinese counterparts at a time pressures are mounting between the two powers, as nuclear threats multiply on the Korean Peninsula, and as the two powers trade accusations of exacerbating tensions in Asia. "

Here is a link that might be useful: Balancing act

o

from the last link:

"We respect the US interests in the region and are glad to see the United States play a constructive role on Asia-Pacific affairs."

Diplomatic blather. There is no reason whatever for them to respect our interests in a region much closer to them than to us - they will say they respect it until they suddenly don't. They are glad to see us play a role there until it no longer serves.

Closer to home: China has an immense trade link with Brazil. When they start to ensure that link with military presence in the southern Atlantic we'll see if we are glad about that. I kinda doubt it.

o

Yes I always remember Will Rogers
: "So, we set out helping the world. We will send Marines to any nation that can get ten people to ask us. We're in the humanity business. Look folks, if we had any morals we'd use them ourselves... What would we say if the Chinese sent a gunboat up the Mississippi, you know, with their Marines on it? What if they said they were just protecting their laundries in Memphis?"

o

yes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here