Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Romney The Right Religious Rants

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 10:26

Oh my buddy Bryan Fischer of the FRC was putting it out there over the 250 radio stations he's on. That's not that many but it's a select audience.

"But should he get the nomination, the out-of-the-mainstream media will beat Romney about the head and shoulders with every unusual thing Mormons have ever believed or done. God lives near the planet Kolob? Check. God was once a man just like you and me? Check. There is a Heavenly Mother as well as a Heavenly Father? Check. Jesus is the brother of Satan? Check. Jesus was a man who became a god rather than God who became man? Check. The black race was under the curse of Ham until 1978? Check. America was settled by the ten lost tribes of Israel? Check. Jesus was conceived through an act of physical intercourse between Elohim and Mary? Check. Jesus visited North America after his resurrection to evangelize the ten lost tribes? Check. Jesus’ Second Coming will be to Independence, Missouri? Check. Get ready for it, because it will be Mormonism 24-7.

Concerned evangelicals won't need to say a word about LDS theology. The New York Times, the Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and the rest will make sure that every voter in America knows these things. And Gov. Romney will not be able to dodge questions about these matters as he did at yesterday's town hall meeting in Green Bay, because it will be the press asking these questions, not Ron Paul surrogates. "

Here is a link that might be useful: Four More Years

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Romney The Right Religious Rants

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 10:50

"God was once a man just like you and me? Check."

That's the one I can readily believe, assuming it's also true that he created us in his image then he was just another humanoid, just with extremely advanced technology.

o

It seems Bryan Fischer wants these beliefs discussed 24-7 and is making sure the are "out there" with his "checklist." As far as I am concerned, these beliefs are Romney's and of no concern to anyone else, UNLESS he would insist, like Santorum, that the U.S. be governed according to these beliefs.

o

As far as I am concerned, these beliefs are Romney's and of no concern to anyone else, UNLESS he would insist, like Santorum, that the U.S. be governed according to these beliefs.

Oh but Romney is trying to bring Religion in already. He knows he has a religion problem so he is trying to create one for President Obama.

This was just yesterday.......

That hasn�t stopped Mitt Romney from trying to scare the bejesus out of his faithful base. He recently tried to argue that Obama is intent on establishing a "new secular religion" that would reject all doctrine:

"I think there is in this country a war on religion," Romney replied. "I think there is a desire to establish a religion in America known as secularism�an attack on one religion is an attack on all religion."

Here is a link that might be useful: Religion

o

• Posted by sweeby Gulf Coast TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 15:28

Interesting tactic -- I thought the FRC was a conservative group?

Yet by painting Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee as a religious wacko, the FRC weakens their party of choice and presumably makes President Obama more likely to win re-election.

Or are they thinking Santorum still has a chance?

Of course, in the bright, rational light of day and stripped of all the flowery language mainstream Christian beliefs don't sound all that plausible either...

o

Well, with the far right Christian TheoFascist American Taliban wanting to impose itself upon everyone in all aspects of life, from the womb to the bedroom to the wallet to the grave, I'd say its beyond time that someone stands up for and champions a bit of secularism.

If I wanted to live in a radically restrictive theocratic state I'd just move to Saudi Arabia or Iran or somewhere along those lines. Or maybe North Korea, where the religion isn't Islam or Christianity or Hinduism but Kim-ism.

I get sick of hearing the false meme about the so-called "war on religion" that the far right is always yipping and yapping about. They aren't really oppressed. They just claim to be oppressed because everyone else won't let them impose their particular brand of religion upon the masses. I guess the argument is "I'm oppressed because everyone else won't let me oppress them."

I compare it to smoking. I don't care if people smoke, it's none of my business. But, that doesn't mean I want to breath it in, or have it blown in my face. And, for crying out loud, when YOU get upset because I ask you NOT to blow your smoke in my face and tell me how persecuted YOU are, well, give me a break. Religion, like smoke, should be kept to ones' self and not blown in other people's faces.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 16:55

Religion compared to smoke? Interesting...toss in some mirrors and the picture is complete.

o

Theres that expression conservative the FRC shares some right wing values with some conservatives but for the most part it is an extreme right wing organization that utilizes its resources to support candidates that woul
D extend religion into politics. Romney has been a target from the git go. There's is small differences between the FRC & Westboro a number of Brian fischers editorials have even Bremen to extreme for the FRC to publish though they may agree in private with their thrust

o

terrible trying to post from an I phone

o

It's going to be a tough choice in November for the right-wing Christian fundamentalists; either the home-grown Mormon cultist or the Kenyan Muslim.

o

What a circus. I was fairly certain our Constitution also guaranteed us the freedom to practice our own brands of religion or not, without government intervention.

o

Bryan Fischer & the FRC are only pseudo extensions of the current Republican apparatus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here