Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this really a news item?

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 11:02

Does anyone really think this is an unpaid testimonial from our VP? Since when does the VP endorse skincare products?

Here is a link that might be useful: Biden praises Clinique for his great skin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this really a news item?

Probably not a "news" item but then Rachel Ray is not a "news" show. To my mind the worthy part of his statement is reminding men that they are as liable to get skin cancer from sun exposure as women. I see this as just another meddlesome "caring" liberal like our First Lady trying to convince folks to take care of themselves - which some folks obviously deeply resent as is their right.

I don't think Vice President Biden is now or ever has been on the take - everything I know about his life tends to discredit that view.

o

News ..not....

Of course it is an unpaid testimonial.....unless of course you believe that Rachel was part of the "paid conspiracy" by asking the question.

Rachel asked him how he managed that great skin of his and the Vice President answered it in his own honest, forthright style.

Much ado about nothing......

o

• Posted by rosie Southeast 7A/B (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 17:46

Lottirose is right. One of our elected leaders busy leading, this time to protection from skin cancers, the rates of which are skyrocketing as exposure becomes more and more dangerous.

Two young people I'm aware of through my work, a woman in her early 20s and man in his early 30s, died just in the past couple weeks of metastatic melanoma to brain and liver, and elsewhere, despite excellent, extremely expensive Cadillac care with what would have been among the most advanced treatments available on the planet.

As for a "news" item? It's a TV show. Nuf said? :(

o
RE: is this really a news item? +

• Posted by rosie Southeast 7A/B (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 17:47

Lottirose is right. One of our elected leaders busy leading, this time to protection from skin cancers, the rates of which are skyrocketing as exposure becomes more and more dangerous.

Two young people I'm aware of through my work, a woman in her early 20s and man in his early 30s, died just in the past couple weeks of metastatic melanoma to brain and liver, and elsewhere, despite excellent, extremely expensive Cadillac care with what would have been among the most advanced treatments available on the planet.

As for a "news" item? It's a TV show. Nuf said? :(

o

Geez Sleepless, what did you want him to say?
How should he have answered the question?

Maybe you would have been happy if he said "I can't answer that questions because it would then be free advertising for the product that I use."

Would that have been a more appropriate answer, Sleepless?

Heck, it's a TV show, and the odds are Biden just plain answered the question, same as anyone else would have answered it.

Good for him being honest with the answer, giving the reason why he uses the product.

Melanoma is a real threat to develop. It's becoming more and more common and more and more so at a younger and younger age.

Maybe, just maybe, more people will listen to the risks, use sunscreen protection on their skin, on their face and reduce the risk of developing melanoma.

This isn't news, unless one looks at the fact that the Vice President of the US is doing something to try and prevent developing melanoma, and the thought process is that if he does it, maybe more will.

I sure hope so.

o

"Maybe you would have been happy if he said "I can't answer that questions because it would then be free advertising for the product that I use."

Would that have been a more appropriate answer, Sleepless?"

I'm not Sleepless, and it's not a news item, but yes, Biden should have said something along the lines of "I use a skincare product with sunscreen every day because..."

The person who is next in line to be president has to think before ze speaks. Sorry, but "odds are Biden just plain answered the question, same as anyone else would have answered it" just won't do. The VP is not "anyone else." Other than that fact, I chalk it up to another of Biden's open-mouth-and-let's-see-what-pops-out moments.

o

Gimme a break.........must be a very slow news day.

Oh, actually it wasn't...over 7 million signed up for Obamacare........ouch! Let's try and deflect to VP Biden and an honest answer to a direct question.

FWIW ......I made my DH use the same product. Best I could get him to do was the SPF 20.....I use SPF 60.

...and he does have a great complexion for his age...Biden I mean...my DH not so much...

Melanoma ain't pretty...

o

This is a hot topic?

o

That stuff he uses is expensive. I just use Dollar Store stuff...

o

Biden is not a hot anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here