Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reinhart Rog OFF

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 11:05

Do any of you think it matters in the least that the oft touted Rogoff Reinhart study was um, err, well, difficient, wrong, faulty with it's data & outcome.
While I don't think it's right to grant license to spend like a drunken sailor/teenager (chose your own profligate) the opposite is also somewhat true.
Reihart Rogoff left out data that blew their paper out of the water and brought to mind the Cheny lie "deficit's don't matter".

Even in Europe today you heard the magic tipping point number touted.

"I'm fully aware of the problems related to high levels of unemployment and low growth in many European countries," he said. "At the same time we have to realize that the debt levels in Europe are around 90% this year, and it is having a drag on growth."

In other words the little peole can struggle for awhile we have a magic number of 90% deficits & worshiping at it's altar hasn't done crap!

I did enjoy a Forbes note that Reihart Rogoff has shown that Modern Greece has been in default through most of it's existence..

Here is a link that might be useful: Whats your take

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reinhart Rog OFF

I've found a couple other articles on this, see thread at the link.

I find it mind-boggling that in a recession, when money is hard to come by, the solution to a speedy recovery is to greatly reduce gvt spending.

What could possibly go wrong?

Here is a link that might be useful: link to more on spread sheet oopsie

o
RE: Reinhart Rog OFF

LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here