Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White House Correspondents Dinner

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 13:32

For those of you who may not have seen it, the president was very funny. Equally poking fun at himself and to the press and political opponents.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White House Correspondents Dinner

I saw the CNN edited funny clips - it was very funny and fun poked all around. The one time of year that the president gets to be a real comedian, I guess.

I enjoyed Jimmy Fallon's jest to his teacher (if it was a real story) - "you said I'd never amount to anything - well I'm about to high five the President of the United States!).

o

I enjoyed Jimmy Fallon's jest to his teacher (if it was a real story) - "you said I'd never amount to anything - well I'm about to high five the President of the United States!).

It was Jimmy Kimmel.

o

Yes, Kimmel is much funnier than Fallon, IMHO, although Fallon CAN play a lot of musical instruments...

o

I thought it was a very entertaining hour - not so much afterwards with the C-Span fixed cameras that Wolf Blitzer always managed to wander in front of or the staff scraping plates while the beautiful people milled about in the background before heading off to the other parties.

The best was the "campaign ad" of Romney standing at the door of what appeared to be Air Force One - long shot and there's a dog crate strapped to the top of the plane.

o

Ooops, don't tell I said "Fallon".

o

Very droll dinb. I always thought it was a good idea to have a fall back if your career didn't pan out as planned and if Obama miraculously doesn't get a second term he only has to throw in a few f's and Chris Rock can move over.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 18:56

....didn't watch the whole thing. Michelle, as usual, looked stunning !!

o

mrskjun, "...In my first term, we passed health care reform. In my second term... I guess I'll pass it again."
That was great humor, in my opinion.

o

I needed that laugh I watched it on C-Span last night. My mom pasted in September and I have not laughed like that since before her passing.

I watched it again today.

o

Half way thru the evening I remembered that I had not recorded it. When I got home I caught a little wrap up on CNN. I hope C-span does a repeat this week. What I saw was funny. I read about a Trump joke. Was he there again? Obama is a a natural, and Michelle looked beautiful. Kimmel is funny. .

o

Just getting to see Kim K. was worth the price of admission...

o

The President can be a very funny guy and he seems so relaxed. Mrs Obama looked stunning, as usual.

This line from Kimmel made me chuckle.

" on the topic of health care reform: "President Obama wants everyone to have health care, whether we want it or not. I think I've figured it out: you're not from Kenya, it's even worse - you're from Canada."

o

Last years this subject was so contentious that it reached 150 posts it's no longer in the archives.

o

Kimmel told the crowd, "Everything that is wrong with America is here tonight."

He nailed that one!

o

Wasn't that a joke brush or do you think everything that is right is at another affair?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here