Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost Another

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 15:59

....Dick Clark has died of a heart attack.

They don't make them like they used to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost Another

Oh, how sad!

o

Nobody our age in this country (or many others) will not think about his career and the way he worked which made us all cheerful. He really was a remarkable man, who left a positive mark and a good footprint in history. He made us all smile, and that is a great gift to humanity.

o

I just heard. Learned all those dances on American Bandstand. And I've never heard anyone have an unkind thing to say about him. What a legacy that is.

o

I always remembring my older sister squealling with her friends listening to the Dvils Music.
AH well he was still there for my genneration & the one after that from rockabilly to bubble gum a nice integrated performers show for segregated teens the nicest kids in Philadelphia.
No I'm not shooting arrows at his casket just removing a little snow from the windshield.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ah wasn't it wonderful

o

He never seemed to age... I met him once at a car show, in Chicago. I have pictures somewhere, packed away in a box.

Another American institution, passing along with time.

I clearly recall watching American Bandstand, getting to hear and see so much good music introduced to the world.

o

Loved Dick Clark. We used to run home after junior HS and watch American Bandstand at my friend's house. That guy had the fountain of youth. He never aged. We have lost a legend ,and they don't make them like this any more.

o

.....and at the young age of 82! The man never seemed to age. A true icon.

Rest in peace Dick.

o

I remember American Bandstand and later years New Year's Eve.

This Year New Years will not be the same.

RIP Dick Clark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here