Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Congratulation Rhode Island

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 17:49

26 to 12 Marriage Equality Carries! The Governor has already promised to sign it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Congratulation Rhode Island

Bravo, Little Rhodie!

I don't know what Minnesota's waiting for - SC ruling on Prop 8? I see a few more state legislators are coming to their senses as to what's right. And even those who simply believe it's inevitable should be doing something positive on the matter. But I can't find much in the way of comprehensive news on what's up/coming up in the state house.

o

Waiting for June, June, June,
JUNE!

o

Another step forward.

Nice to see another state step out of the dark and into the light of 2013.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 19:54

Good for Rhode Island

o

Delaware will hopefully be next. HB 75 passed in the House and now it's on to the Senate.

Have great hope that Delaware will be number 11.

o

Ah, but did they sing in RI like they did in NZ? ;-)

Huzzah!

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 8:41

"Waiting for June, June, June,
JUNE! "

Oh my , yes. waiting on tenterhooks, waiting with the whole world watching......

o

It should be slam dunk now as the speaker of the house is openly gay. It has taken so long because this is predominantly a Catholic state...

o

Yippee! One more down.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 8:59

What is it now "10" (?) down and 40 to go ??

Kudos RI !

o

WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic. Really big smile. Why is this taking so long everywhere? Get with it already other lagging states!

o

Will there be an avalanche soon when no state wants to be known forever as the last to right this wrong?

o

Why is this taking so long Robin?.
In some states people put their hand on The Constitution & promise to uphold a collection of religious texts as their constituents like to understand them.
Some Constituents insist on 73 books/texts some of the others insist on 67 pieces of divine revelation then there are still others that say it's 24 that must be completely obeyed in order for some select laws to be passed in a fashion that makes them feel ok about themselves & their elected representatives.

The differences were once great enough to bring about the deaths of thousands in their membership as they fought it out over these differences. They fled those lands where either the 73 or the 67 was a big deal along with some other minor differences & came here to establish a nation where they could persecute others in [practice while espousing liberty on paper!.

This post was edited by labrea on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 10:42

o

I hear you and agree with you. I don't think there will be avalanche any more than there was for extinguishing the death penalty. I just hope those that oppose these things based on religious pretext understand they'll be held to the same standard, that they mete out. Since we're basing it on religious reasons:

"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:2"

o

"Life Can never be exactly as we want it to be" The Shirelles

o

26 to 12 Marriage Equality Carries!

I do hope the 12 get voted out next go-round.

o

I find it unfortunate but this is what happens when a right is negotiated by the popular opinion of a region or a time period. Unfortunate for all involved!

o

Good news, but change has been sooooo slow to come....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here