Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hillary in double-digit leads

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 18:09

This should come as no surprise, but I enjoy contemplating these possibilities.

National polling from Quinnipiac University finds that Clinton, the most popular national political figure, would defeat New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie 45--37 percent; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio 50 -- 34 percent and Rep. Paul Ryan 50 -- 38 percent.

Got that?
Hillary against Christie: 45-37
Hillary against Rubio: 50-34
Hillary against Ryan: 50-38

You might also enjoy the article I took those from--all about how the Republicans believe Hillary will win if she runs.

Brightens up an otherwise grey rainy day here. : )

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Republicans fear Clinton

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hillary in double-digit leads

I'll make a prediction today...doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, it's simply a prediction. Benghazi will be the reason that Hillary will not be our next president.

o

I disagree.

From my vantage point, Paul is leading all of the others. I live in Kentucky: Lord help us! By the way, he acknowledged long ago that he would not have voted for Civil Rights a la 1964.

o

mrsk, the only people disturbed by Benghazi are the people who would never vote for Hillary in the first place--nor for most any Democrat for that matter.

Kate

o

Let me see.....

o

She will probably win, God help us. I think people vote for the party and not the best qualified. We got Obama again, sad to say.

o

This should come as no surprise, but I enjoy contemplating these possibilities.

I don't. The Party that ripped her a new one is now doing this? Sickening. Personally, I think she's retired. It's about time to groom some Obama replacements. This kind of talk really frosts me. I was a huge Hillary supporter. These statements disappoint me. Time to move on.

-Ron-

o

Benghazi will be the reason that Hillary will not be our next president.

I don't think the Right's twisted version of Benghazi will be the only thing thrown at Ms. Clinton if she decides to run (and captures the Democratic nomination). She will give the Republicans an excellent opportunity to unload the remainders of the Hillary-killed-Vince-Foster tomes that are gathering dust in someone's basement.

o

Au Contraire--Mrs. Clinton is not off the hook and it appears she lied in her testimony earlier this year about the Benghazi Debacle.

I'm just shocked, shocked to tell you I haven't read anything about it here--but did see this earlier this week.

Seems like a good time to bring it up.
Mrskjun is on to something.

From Investors.com April 24 2013:

"Hillary Clinton Lied, And Four In Benghazi Died

Posted 04/24/2013 06:52 PM ET

Scandal: A congressional report shows security cuts before the Benghazi attack were approved by the secretary of state and that White House talking points describing the events were edited to protect the State Department.

The "progress" report by House Republicans will no doubt be dismissed as a partisan political document. But it effectively records administration efforts to ignore the threat of terrorism before the attack on our diplomatic mission in Benghazi, to cover up administration culpability afterward and to sweep aside responsibility for the deaths of four Americans to make the administration look caring and competent.

Despite then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's denials that pleadings from Ambassador Chris Stevens, killed in the terrorist attack, never reached her desk, the interim Benghazi report concludes that:

"Reductions of security levels prior to the attacks in Benghazi were approved at the highest levels of the State Department, up to and including Secretary Clinton. This fact contradicts her testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on January 23, 2013."

Indeed it does. On that date, Clinton testified:

"I have made it very clear that the security cables did not come to my attention or above the assistant secretary level where the ARB (Accountability Review Board) placed responsibility."

The 46-page report by the five committees of jurisdiction cites an April 19, 2012, cable bearing Clinton's signature acknowledging a formal request dated March 28, 2012, from then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz for additional security assets but ordering the withdrawal of security elements to proceed as planned.

After the attack, the talking points that became the administration's version of events were drafted. But contrary to administration rhetoric, changes to the talking points were not made to protect classified information. Concern for classified information is never mentioned in email traffic among senior administration officials.

According to the report, when then-CIA Director David Petraeus briefed the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on Sept. 14 about the Benghazi attack, the CIA notes for that briefing included:

• Information about five previous attacks on foreign interests in Benghazi since April 2012.

• Potential links to the al-Qaida connected Libyan militia, Ansar al-Sharia.

• Previous CIA assessments of groups linked to al-Qaida in eastern Libya.

• Information suggesting Islamic extremists participated in the attack.

After Petraeus' testimony, the report states that once the editing process began, "draft talking points were sent to officials throughout the Executive Branch, (and) senior State Department officials requested the talking points be changed to avoid criticism for ignoring the threat environment in Benghazi."

Where's that poor guy that made the video that got all those people killed? Hillary was going to make sure and bring him to justice.

o

Gee will we have Benghazi tag team posting fro the next couple of years?.
It's not the economy or the error in Reinhart Rogoff or that dixie cup the GOP calls a big tent?

o

I find it amusing that as soon as I saw the title I knew who was going to say "WHAT ABOUT Benghazi". They want that to be a scandal so bad it hinges on hilarious.

There are so many issues that could be raised that political thinking deciding voters that would look at but the extreme right wing run for the silly. Terrorist killed 4 men that were serving our country that was in an area they should not have been and it becomes a scandal only in their bubble. That same bubble that Romney was going to win in a landslide.

No problem with thousands of our young men and women that died on a made up looking for WMD but four men that were killed by terrorist are the fault of one woman.

Please continue to focus on Benghazi. It will help us elect another Democratic candidate if not Hillary it will be another Liberal with the god given brains to run the country up and not into a great depression, stocks hitting the floor, sky high unemployment, bank bailouts etc.

Please, Please, Please continue to remind people about Benghazi and the crazy RIGHT WING way of thinking. "Mission Accomplished". "Please proceed" Keep talking to the empty chair as the majority of the public runs to vote for sanity and not made up scandals.

o

I voted for Obama twice, I don't care about Benghazi as a voting issue, and I will not vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton, should she run.

o

I don't think she will run. I don't think her ego is that big, and I think she is probably a nice person privately. I'll bet she is very active in the campaign, though. What I've gleaned about H. Clinton from books about her tells me she loves the idea of the Democratic party. I believe she loves her country, too.

o

Where's that poor guy that made the video that got all those people killed?

Do you mean Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the 'poor man' who pled guilty to intent to manufacture methamphetamine in 1997, and nolo contendere to charges of federal bank fraud in 2010, and who is now serving time for having violated his parole? That 'poor man' certainly would appreciate your concern.

o

Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 22:16

Where's that poor guy that made the video that got all those people killed?

Do you mean Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the 'poor man' who pled guilty to intent to manufacture methamphetamine in 1997, and nolo contendere to charges of federal bank fraud in 2010, and who is now serving time for having violated his parole? That 'poor man' certainly would appreciate your concern.

He has it, as far as being the scapegoat for Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's failures.

o

I would vote for Hillary in a New York minute, should she decide to run. I am still sore that she lost the nomination is 2008 and especially pissed at the Massachusetts' super delegates (Duval Patrick, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry) who endorsed Obama in 2008 in complete disregard of the fact that the state's voters overwhelming voted for Hillary Clinton in the primary! It seemed to me that the super delegates should represent their constituency, but perhaps I was misguided.

o

... as far as being the scapegoat for Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's General Petraeus' and the CIA's failures.

o

Good news to hear. Got MY juices flowing. I think it's hers if she wants it. At the gym last night I saw Fox which is next to CNN . I was reading closed captions as I watched CNN and saw the word Benghazi. Didn't bother to tune in because it's the same old same old. Four people were killed by terrorists. Meanwhile their beloved leader got thousands killed looking for WMD's which didn't exist. Many of those have PTSD and are amputees. That's the legacy of Bush who somehow got reelected after cheating his way in in 2000. So, no worries, Hillary.

o

Folks...a handful of people died in Benghazi. A small sacrifice for imperialism. Get over it.

o

You are right brush, and just as Obama and Hillary said, those people will be found and brought to justice! Right??

o

You have reason to believe that the U.S.A. is NOT searching for and trying to track down the perpetrators? I don't think anyone else on this forum has access to such (mostly likely) highly classified information.

Kate

o

I have a lot more confidence that this Administration is looking for them unlike the last Administration FLASHBACK: Bush On Bin Laden: ‘I Really Just Don’t Spend That Much Time On Him’ Barnes said Bush told him that capturing bin Laden is “not a top priority use of American resources.”

Did not hear the out cry about Why 2,000+ people died on American soil but Oh My 4 died in another country now that is a big problem. You should have been saying America every other day like you are saying Benghazi every other day. Hypocrisy at the highest level. It is shameful to dance on their graves for political folly. I guess it must give some a little joy.

o

I stand by my prediction. Either Benghazi will be the reason she doesn't win, or Benghazi will be the reason she doesn't run.

o

That Benghazi continues to be a point of outrage is an indication of decay and stagnation of the party and it's not-republican voters.

I find it incredibly sad. Remember when it was accurately referred to as the grand old party?
I believe that the inability to confront the issues Bush jr/Cheney brought and left on the table did more inner damage to the party and the Bush/Cheney supporters than I have been able to take in, until recently.

All gutted and left in an abyss in every important way imaginable with willing participation.
A recent discussion within a thread drove that point home to me, shockingly so.

o

Oh brother. All that self-righteous anger over Benghazi. So far, it's been used to to, well, among other things to hold up the nomination of Chuck Hagel as Sec'y of Defense and to generally bash the current administration.

How long can Little Lindsay Graham, John McCain, Dana Rohrabacher, Darrell Issa hammer away at the same questions - questions for which nothing will satisfy them as a correct, "bottom reaching" answer.

o

Oh my, I am now spokesperson for the Republican party. Nope, they and I don't agree on a lot. This was my personal prediction, and if I'm wrong, you will have something to personally thump me over the head with. Stop with the salivating already!

o

No, not salivating Mrsk. Sorry, its something else entirely.

o

You may not be the spokesperson for the Republican party but you certainly are the spokesperson on this forum for Benghazi.

Why you continue to think this tragic terrorist event will have any bearing on any Democratic candidate or the President is a mystery to me. Since it was screamed by you and your supporters on this forum during the Obama campaign that did not give you the results that you hoped for then, why do you think it will give you the results you wish for in the future?

Continue to dance on the grave of those great people that were serving our country for some political gain and see where it gets the Republican party. The parents even asked for this to stop.

It has been said before...Please proceed.

o

Exactly..the benazhai affair was drummed to the extent it was was to beat Obama in the election. When that didn't work they hope to keep it alive for four more years to defeat Hillary. And you wonder why your party is down the toilet, MrsK ?

BTW, did you or did you not vote for W in 2004 after his lies were being discovered and WMD s were never found and the two wars were escalating resulting in many thousands and thousands of deaths and maimings?.

o

I voted for him lily...do you seriously think I would have voted for the alternative? In fact, seems to me the majority of voters voted for him in 2004.

o

But not me.

Kate

o

Actually, the more accurate statement would be that majority OF VOTERS probably voted for Bush in 2004. However, the VOTERS make up a rather small percentage of the American people, so it is misleading to say that a majority of people voted for Bush.

One of the things that changed in 2008 and 2012 is that all sorts of new VOTERS entered the booths and voted. Part of the "change" that has occurred is that more people are registering to vote and when more people enter into the voting booths, the results look very different than they did back in 2004.

Of course, that is also why the Repubs are trying to pass state laws making it more difficult for new voters to enter into the electoral processes. Repubs prefer leaving it to a group of party loyalists to vote as they did in the past. To them, "change" is a horrible thing--which is why they want to take away the voting rights of new voters by passing a bunch of restrictions that will hopefully cut back on new voters.

Kate

o

Actually Kate, I think you'll find that those new voters from 2008, about 13 million of them, didn't bother to go to the polls in 2012. 10 million of those voted for Obama in 2008 and must have had buyers remorse.

o

Or maybe they were prevented from voting.

o

And what did it say about Romney's loss after the crowing for the past four years about how the voting public would correct the mistake of voting for Obama in the first place?

You often seem to attempt to try to have it both ways, Mrsk. You insist that you hate war but you sure do seem to hate Obama a lot more than you hate war.

That's a whole lot of hate for the President who started exactly 0 ( ZERO) wars and who got stuck with the clean up from the guy you voted for who started 2 (TWO) wars, - the one you wished you could vote for yet *again*.

Exactly how much do you REALLY hate war - and what do you think those words are supposed to mean?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here