Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowest total

Posted by jmc01 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 20:10

Chicago - lowest first quarter total number of homicides since 1959. Yes, the year is correct.

This is encouraging and I hope the trend stay like this when the weather gets warm.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowest total

Well, that sounds better than "the highest number of homicides since 1959", for sure. So exactly how many known homicides has Chicago had so far in 2013?

o

I head that. Hope it keeps up.

o

Must still be an obscenely high number...

o

According to online news powered by a paper called the Telegraph Herald...

"Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy suggested that an array of police initiatives have helped reduce the number of homicides from 120 for the first three months of 2012 to 70 for the first three months of this year."

o

Sounds good, almost too good...

o

The NRA and their followers are not going to like this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here