Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An honor bestowed

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 20:25

ORLANDO - The Heritage Foundation and Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity presented the second annual Breitbart Award to Michelle Malkin, syndicated columnist and Fox News Channel contributor. Malkin was honored at tonight’s Krieble Dinner at Heritage’s Resource Bank. The award was presented by Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint and Franklin Center President Jason Stverak.

The Breitbart Award honors those who advocate for the truth - a quality that Malkin exemplifies. As the founder of three successful conservative blogs -michellemalkin.com, Hot Air (now owned by Salem Communications), and Twitchy - has changed the way Americans consume media. Malkin dedicates her life to tackling the issues others often shy away from.
Erik Telford, vice president of strategic initiatives and communications at the Franklin Center, noted these traits:

Michelle Malkin is a champion in the pursuit of truth and accountability who has tirelessly worked to expose corruption and waste in government. She never hesitates to speak truth to power, debate issues that the mainstream media and political insiders would prefer to sweep under the rug, and empower citizens to join in her cause. Her work exemplifies Andrew Breitbart’s fiery spirit and advances his legacy. " snip - more at the link.

Yes, this same Michelle Malkin:

"Dunkin Donuts has pulled a commercial featuring pitchwoman Rachael Ray wearing a scarf because Michelle Malkin and other conservative observers thought the scarf looked too much like a keffiyeh, what Malkin describes as "the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad."

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An honor bestowed

Yet another reason to completely ignore what comes out of the Heritage Foundation.

That article sounds more like the Onion than the real Onion.

o

Scarves are dangerous though. Didn't a film star get her neck broken driving in an open vehicle wearing one?

o

Isadora Duncan. I visited her grave in Paris; she's down a few rows from Jim Morrison. (trivia)

o

This is a joke, right? One of those "you've been punked" shows?

o

No joke; Malkin did go after Rachel Ray for the scarf and yes, DD did pull the ad.

The scarf was reminiscent of what Yasser (that's my baby) Arafat always wore. But really!!

o

The scarf looks terrible. She wore it as a tasteless joke, right? Or maybe it's photoshopped; she looks "off."

o

OMG..I almost spit on my screen. MM is the epitome of bad journalism, but what else can you expect from the Heritage group? One of their yahoos is on our far right wing local station all the time. Breitbart was an ass.

o

Personally, I rather like scarves as fashion accessories...

o

Me too, Jodi. Wear them all the time...

o

Me too, Jodi. Wear them all the time...

o

I prefer boas, grand fluffy feathery boas!

o

Anything that doesn't look like a rag tied around one's neck.

You might change your mind after looking at these, marshall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Not exactly a Windsor

o

Rachael Ray had voice surgery on Dec. 16, 2008 for a benign cyst on her vocal cord. She often wears scarves or high neck outfits. I have read the scarves are not so much worn to hide the scare but as warmth and protection in that area.

o

Why people pay attention to either the Heritage Fdn or MM or give them any credibility is beyond me. Fools.

As for RR's scarf, every street vendor here in Soho, Canal Street and beyond sells them in different colors, right along side the $5 "pashminas". They are very popular (inexpensive) and worn by many young men, women and tourists. How ridiculous to even comment on it.

Don't worry Marshall you aren't left out, they also sell a plethora of feather boa's in the street here too.You can shop till you drop.

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 13:40

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 14:06

Love the fact that NYC has street vendors, I did not know that, and I love scarves, and only $5? Okay I am a wee bit jealous :) Love the blue/black one towards the end of the top row, and purple .. anything purple!

o

"I prefer boas, grand fluffy feathery boas!"

I prefer Hydrangea boas, but it's all good.

Hay

o

I often accessorize with scarves; got a nice little collection. That scarf looks like a tablecloth. A bad tablecloth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here