Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Posted by youngquinn VIC Aust (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 23:16

Japan is to increase its whaling activities in northern waters, while preparing a further submission the IWC to resume "research" whaling.
here we go again folks.

Here is a link that might be useful: sneaky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Since Japan is one of the USA's most trusted allies, I wish our government would have a persistent, public conversation with them about the whaling violations.

If this involved Putin and Russia we'd hear about the bad actors on a daily basis.

o

Shouldn't there be an alternative to whaling by now?

Surely there must be something else that could replace the "products" they take from them.

I know that until there are,nothing is going to change(in that supply meets demand kinda way).

o

asllep well there is an international court of justice ruling against this activity. and they did say they would abide by it.

o

That's like saying you abide by the Declaration of Human Rights and then drone innocent people so you can get one guy.

o

The human race won't be happy until there's nothing left to ruin, nothing left to mine or pump, and nothing left to endanger or kill.

In way too many respects, we are not good at managing our resources.

Ethics and logic have been dropped in the pursuit of money.

o

But I need/want the money NOW,..consequences don't come til LATER,see?

Shhhhhhh!

Quit telling me what comes later.
I don't wanna hear it!! ;)

o

brushworks , you are right , that is EXACTLY what it is like...and both situations could be construed as being in the "National interest"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here