Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will Space-X be as good as Gas-X?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 6:22

Our country's future in space is riding on this private venture and it seems to have gone well so far. Maybe privatization of the entire space program is the way to go just as private companies success with our bloating issues. Your thoughts will be respected here, though not necessarily agreed with...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will Space-X be as good as Gas-X?

Has privatization of things (like security efforts in Iraq) led to higher costs or lower costs in general? I certainly don't mind the concept but always wonder if it is a better/less expensive product this way.

o

I don't think privatization of the ENTIRE program is the way to go but privatizing cargo hauling so NASA can focus on research and big space exploration projects makes sense to me. I suspect the next stage is not privatization of our entire space program but rather expansion of private sector funded ventures in space for industry and recreation.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 9:30

I'm all for it as long as they don't bring a chest popping alien back with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here