Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Obama should be tried for treason?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 6:23

Romney was asked that question yesterday and didn't answer until asked later and he shook his head for a no. Did I miss something? What has Obama done that should be thought of as treason?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obama should be tried for treason?

Doesn't your garden need worked?

o

He ignored a stupid question at a rally. Of course he should have known that the media would make hay of it. Where upon he answered, "Of course not".

o

Surely some here are calling him Benedict...

o

This is the one and only time that I'll say John McCain exhibited class. he was in the same position and debunked the comment, in a timely manner and showing some class.

o

John exhibited class while a POW too. So that's make twice.

o

Wait a minute.

Don't you have to be a US citizen in order to be tried for treason?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk....

o

lol Hamilton!

o

Apparently we'd have to ask the woman that said it to understand why she thinks he is guilty of treason.

o
RE: ama should be tried for treason?

At least there should be hearings to see if he is, or ever has been, a commie...

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, May 8, 12 at 8:58

Yes he should, it's highly treasonous for a democrat to be more effective in foreign policy than a republican.

o

Where was this person hiding when the Obama administration hit office, and it was decided by Republicans that they would do everything within their power to oust him, negate everything he tried to do, were signing pledges that came before their Constitution, and suggestions of impeachment were flying around? Does this person know what treason actually is?

o

Does this person know what treason actually is?

My guess is, no, judging from what a lot of tea-partiers have said, publicly, with no apparent shame. She is just repeating some of the stuff she's heard.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, May 8, 12 at 11:50

Treason is why democracy exists. We get to overthrow our government in the next election cycle if we don't like it.... worked for a while anyway.

o

He ignored a stupid question at a rally. Of course he should have known that the media would make hay of it. Where upon he answered, "Of course not".

He did not answer when or whereupon the question was asked.
He let that outrageous rhetoric go unchallenged in a room full or right wing nutjobs.
Feature this though. When a reporter later challenged later he responded by saying:

"No, I do not agree that he should be tried."

LOL! In other words, he not only lacked the courage to call out the person who repeated that outrageous allegation but also the decency to state in an unequivocal fashion that there is no basis for accusing our President of high Treason.
What a piece of high priced garbage Romney is turning into.

o

What are the most popular searches concerning President Obama.
How many freepers can write on how many blogs to create how many versions of these topics to come up.
Revolutionary politics require making statements grand ridiculous statements & then moving on from them like thousands of fryers pasted over a lamp post they eventually become a blur but some elements may stick.
Tell me senator when did you stop beating your wife?

o

mrsK - he didn't just ignore it. He allowed it to happen without saying word one about it to her. It was not just someone in the crowd yelling something. She was asking him a question. He should have responded to it. But, like I've said before, he doesn't think on his feet very well.

I agree that McCain showed a lot of class in how he handled a similar situation. Romney is too clueless to realize that allowing people to say things like that will not help him. He should have immediately disputed what she said if that's how he felt.

o

So jill, Axelrod just called the Koch brothers contract killers because they use their money to support republican causes, much in the way Soros uses his to support democrats causes. Do you think Obama should have admonished him?

o

Tue, May 8, 12 at 15:55

Logical fallacy of false equivalence.

Axelrod calls Koch and Rove a nasty name for financing anti-Obama ads through super-pacs.

Woman asks Romney directly if he would try Obama for treason, he waffles.

ummmmmm..... yeah, if you picked this line of argument up from some "source" you need to flex your critical thinking muscle more often, gettin' a lil flabby.

o

Where was this person hiding when the Obama administration hit office, and it was decided by Republicans that they would do everything within their power to oust him, negate everything he tried to do, were signing pledges that came before their Constitution, and suggestions of impeachment were flying around?

Good question. Here's the thread we had, and nothing but deafening silence from the morally-impaired:

Business As Usual: Elected Terrorists.

I think we can skip the 'or'.

Romney has no spine.

At a town hall event in Ohio this afternoon, a woman asked Mitt Romney what he would do to roll back the size of government, and commented that President Obama "should be tried for treason." She didn't explain why Obama had committed treason - which is punishable by death.

Her comments received a big round of applause from the audience.

No surprise there either.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video Footage.

o

Mrs one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Axlerods comments were dumb in my view and if someone should ask the President if he thinks that the Koch brothers are contract killers he should answer "no".

The point being how a presidential candidate should respond to atrocious questions........ that's what is being discussed.

If you want to start a thread on how candidates should respond to things their surrogates say that's fine but you are mixing apples and oranges on this thread.

As for Romney not responding to the absurd question is just another example of him not being a fast thinker. Can't wait for the debates!!!

o

But this is how mrsK always argues. She brings up something else someone else did. Go back to the Limbaugh/Fluke threads. Some things never change.

o

Can't wait for the debates!!!

chase, I feel the same. But as you see the song and dance from some here the debates will go over their heads.

If you watched the Republicans debates and the laughter at the soldier that was protecting them you will understand it will not sink into their brain. It will be the thinking man and woman that will vote for the better man for President.

I know there are more intelligent US citizens than the idiot Birthers. If we had to live by those people standards and intelligence we would still be rubbing sticks together to light a fire to keep warm in our caves.

o

Let's see...some stranger in a crowd asks a stupid question and is ignored by Romney...hang him high. Obama's right hand man says something disgusting about the opposition...nothing from Obama, remember the man who called for civility?, but yet that is false equivalency. Got it!!

o

Tue, May 8, 12 at 20:01

If you don't understand what a false equivalency is perhaps you should look it up?

o

I completely agree with the admiration for how McCain handled that foolish old woman during his campaign stop. You could practically watch her deflate with disappointment that no, McCain didn't think that Obama was an arab terrorist?

I also admired his stand on the GTMO torture for being exactly that: torture. It was not exactly a popular stand to take during that time.
And after all, McCain was an expert on the subject.
That his statement was all but ignored or dismissed by the right was confounding to me.

o

I too admired John McCain for his honesty, independence and courage. It was so sad to see him lose that in his pandering to the far right. Not sure why our how it happened but it did.

If that can happen to a man like John McCain I can only imagine how milk toast Romney will handle the pressure. I suspect he will do whatever and say whatever and spend whatever to buy his dream job.

o

chase, I feel the same. But as you see the song and dance from some here the debates will go over their heads.

If you watched the Republicans debates how a soldier that was protecting them was treated, you will understand why it will not sink into their brain. It will be the thinking man and woman that will vote for the better man for President.

I know there are more intelligent US citizens than the idiot Birthers. If we had to live by those people standards and intelligence we would still be rubbing sticks together to light a fire to keep warm in our caves.

o

I predict disappointment judging on how Romney's friend Meg Whitman responded to debates with the quick-witted and erudite Jerry Brown. There will be a script, and it will be repeated ad nauseum - the same three or four answers spilling forth no matter what the question is. Now there may an unintentional soft ball tossed for President Obama as when eMeg said she wanted to take California back to its glory days - and then named a period when Jerry Brown was governor for the first time. However, there was endless repetition before the all too brief comedy relief.

o

some stranger in a crowd asks a stupid question and is ignored by Romney

What a spin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here