Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do if you had Zuck's

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 6:25

billions? I noticed that his demeanor has changed as he is courted and fawned over and he looks like the cat that swallowed the canary. So far his charity has only amounted to a paltry sum to the Newark school system. Perhaps he could do a little more for his fellow man after he buys a private island and a jet. But, and be honest, tell us what you would do...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do if you had Zuck's

Found a home for old cats!

o

A good start! LOL!

o

I have no need to think about.

I don't waste time thinking about other people's money, what they should do with it, and what I would do with it if I had it.

After all, it is the root of all evil!

o

No, money isn't the root of all evil - love of money is.

I'd pay off that Visa bill.

o

I'd send it to Washington to help reduce the deficit.

o

I would spend more time posting on Hot Topics.

o

I'd uh buy maps..."because, uh, some, uh. . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."

Thank you, Miss uh South Carolina Teen USA. LOL!

o

Bling.

o

Zucky's went out of business years ago. Now the deli is a bank, but for some misguided architectural reason, the building has been preserved even though it's not much of an example of anything, including the Googie style.

o

"I'll just blow it all on hats" (Meg Ryan, Hot Shots the movie)

o

If I had tens of millions to throw around, I'd like to perform a social experiment.

I'd give a bunch of poor people some seed money capable of changing their lives - $100,000 each.

Then I'd track and publish their progress to show how they spent, invested or wasted the money.

I'd give the one that possessed/made the most money after 5 years 10 Million dollars.

I'd make a movie about this social experiment as well. All profits would go to education scholarships.

o

I LOVE your idea, Markjames.

Unfortunately, many poor people don't know how to manage money and given large amounts that they could live on for the rest of their lives, blow it.

For example, those sad and down on their luck people that win the lottery.

Just as well someone has it that knows how to make it grow and use it to help others in a constructive way.

That means more jobs and more taxes for the next cycle.

o

I don't waste time thinking about other people's money unfortunately, many poor people don't know how to manage money and given large amounts that they could live on for the rest of their lives, blow it.

o

Ink, say what you really mean.

I don't waste time thinking about it; I do waste time reading articles and watching news segments of how some people blow money.

As to speculating what someone should or does do with what is their own money--nope. Don't care.

Blow it, save it, invest it, give it away, live well, live frugally--not my business.

Not yours, either.

o

If I had Zuck's money, I wouldn't really blow it all on hats; I'd run for president and buy a really decent staff.

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here