Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
homeless tax

Posted by organic_steerpike (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 7:37

The county of Miami-Dade collects a 1 percent sales tax for the purpose of dealing with the homeless. Progressive? Regressive?

The homeless are big users of services, and of course are also effectively tax-dodgers. Most people who are homeless are not so by choice and are not homeless for long, but the chronically homeless are often so by choice. Life gets overwhelming - and who hasn't dreamed of having no bills or taxes to pay?

How is it that so relatively few workers can support so many non-productives? Not just the homeless, also the young; the aged; the handicapped; the unemployed; the trust-funded; the incompetent. It's curious, I think. It indicates that the productive workers are fabulously productive (thanks, fossil fuels!). Since the workers for the most part are not big dollar earners it indicates that the actual tax dollars can't come from the workers for the most part (work comes from workers, wealth from the wealthy) It also indicates that a few simple measures would eliminate the debt. The biggest one would be to stop spending money occupying other regions of the globe. No nation or polity can afford that for long. Especially not one with a minority carrying the workload. If the rich and/or the homeless would like to go to work to pay off the debt then we can continue to occupy foreign lands.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: homeless tax

It's curious, I think. It indicates that the productive workers are fabulously productive

Much of our workforce is super-productive due to tougher education/skill/experience requirements, tougher pre-employment screening, tougher post-employment performance requirements, engineered labor standards, performance incentives and technology such as computerization, automation, robotics, communications, specialized tools, specialized equipment etc.

Since many jobs are part-time positions, employees can work at peak performance levels since they're less fatigued as well.

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, May 16, 10 at 12:11

Tax dodgers? I'd think it a little bit difficult to pay taxes when a person doesn't even have a roof over their head, let alone a job, a regular meal, or anything resembling normalcy within their lives.

If it weren't for all the prior tax cuts for the wealthy, breaks given to corporations and industry, and non-regulation of things like banking and real estate... not to mention a crooked Wall Street, and a military that doesn't take care of its own... there wouldn't BE quite so many homeless, would there? It certainly didn't help that America dumped out its institutions for the mentally challenged, either... did it?

Most people don't CHOOSE to be homeless... it's simply a side effect of a society lacking in integrity, compassion, and a few other necessary human qualities.

I've never met or spoken to anyone that WANTS to be homeless... unless they really have no idea what they're talking about in the first place.

Our society has gone from an 'all for one, one for all' mentality to an 'I got mine, the hell with you' attitude... and it's only a portion of people these days that truly care about their fellow humans.

Society in general is deplorable.

o

Homelessness is a symptom of what is wrong as Jodi says if your car won't start in the morning, blowing up the tires won't get you to work on time.

"Since many jobs are part-time positions, employees can work at peak performance levels since they're less fatigued as well." you forgot to mention the benefits of lower wages and fewer fringe benefits Mark James.

o

Many years ago a law was passed in Canada that prohibited the detention of people in psychiatric facilities against their wishes. Violent people who might do harm to others or themselves was an exception.

As a result hundreds and hundreds , if not thousands of people were allowed to leave the facilities and basically fend for themselves. Many of these people were schizophrenic or had other delusional conditions and, especially when off their meds, could not care for themselves. They ended up in the streets with no social safety net.

Runaway kids make up another huge portion of the homeless. Many have left incredibly abusive situations and have no where to turn for help and begin a down hill spiral into drugs and prostitution.

I won't give a homeless beggar cash but I often (not often enough) will buy a sandwich or hot soup from a deli and give them that.

I'm much more ticked with the wealthy and their demand for tax cuts than I am at these poor souls who have nothing...less than nothing.

o

Chase, I am with you on that condemnation of a society that solves one problem but creates even greater assaults on human rights.

Those calling for more efficiency, more productivity, more flexibility in the economic sector are really expecting society to pay for the social costs of resulting unstable social networks. Funny that the minority that benefit so much from such an economic system do not want to help pay for the social costs. Funny that many of those negatively affected by insecurities of current work environments are attacking those most negatively impacted by these economic conditions.

o

Sun, May 16, 10 at 13:09

For those of you who have never BEEN homeless... you should try it sometime... it's a very unique feeling.

o

Why are people homeless?

There is a homeless man who prowls around the property I manage. He told me he's never had a job and isn't considering one in the near future. LOL

anyway....a link..a study done in Ohio

Here is a link that might be useful: Why?

o

Sun, May 16, 10 at 16:56

An excellent link, brushworks, thank you... one that I hope everyone will read, and not just skim over or ignore.

There are many reasons for homelessness... it's a pity that some people believe the fallacies, and never bother to educate themselves to the plight of those less fortunate before sounding off about them.

Becoming homeless brings a feeling of such bottomless despair, and it really doesn't take much to get there when you live from paycheck to paycheck, trying as hard as you can to raise a family.

It's not always as easy as 'pulling yourself up by the bootstraps'... first, you have to own that pair of boots, metaphorically speaking...

o

The homeless are tax-avoiders in the same way - but to a greater degree - as the super-frugal. The way our tax systems are constructed, if one buys less new product than average, and earns less than average, one avoids a lot of tax, regardless of how much commons and government one uses.

o
RE: corporate evaders

Speaking of using the heck out of the commons and avoiding a heck of a lot of tax, we could learn from wally:

Here is a link that might be useful: walmart smart

o

Mon, May 17, 10 at 5:53

The difference here, is that a large majority of homeless would be happy to pay property and other taxes, if they only had the means to... while mega-corporations and big industry would do almost anything to AVOID tax paying, among other things.

WalMart is a lesson in how NOT to treat others...

o

"Since many jobs are part-time positions, employees can work at peak performance levels since they're less fatigued as well." you forgot to mention the benefits of lower wages and fewer fringe benefits Mark James.

Many of our lower paid part-time employees love their part-time hours, flexible hours and relatively easy working conditions, since many don't want full time work, weekend work, second/third shift work, overtime etc.

Many of our lower paid full-time workers love their Monday to Thursday 4 day work week, plus performance based incentives, bonuses and perks as well.

Many of our warehouse workers have quit much higher paying jobs at other businesses due to tough working conditions and tough minimum performance standards.

o

Mon, May 17, 10 at 8:09

I have yet to meet a person below the age of retirement who actually wants to work a part time job with no insurance benefits. Most people need 40 hours worth of pay, and most need the health insurance benefits offered by many of the larger companies.

Show me a person who wants part time work without benefits, and I'll show you a retired person who already has health coverage from elsewhere... most likely from the main bread winner in the household... which is another reason part time work is ok; there's already one decent paycheck entering the household each week.

o

I think what Miami-Dade is doing is Progressive. I stand with Chase and Jodik on this issue. The wealthiest society on the planet should be able to take care of its own. In my area, the church soup kitchens say that many of these "homeless" are former war veterans with untreated PTSD.

o

It's always been my dream to be financially free of all obligations and thus sleep on a hard steam vent for warmth in the winter.

And take free soup and sammies and hopefully, cold hard cash from the suckers who have temp controlled cool and warm air in the same living space that contains a roof and comfy beds and nice clothes and a whole week's worth of secure food in the fridge. Oh yeah, and just imagine those suckers giving filthy ole' me free stuff they worked for and I didn't - and then the suckers have to go home and change into fresher clothes and take a hot shower and get all "minty fresh breath" clean!

Really, people actually CHOOSE to be homeless because it's a chosen life style? Who can actually does believe this nonsense because they never thought it out and who chooses to believe it because it fits into the preconceived idea that masses of people in this country can be so honestly lazy that they are willingly contributing to their own extreme discomfort and physical safety on a minute by minute basis by refusing to work for a living?

The people who choose to believe this rather than take the effort to think it out logically are the people in this country who really frighten me. And yet there are so very many of them who embrace this idea and refuse to listen to any logic against it. Just don't want to consider it. If they are wrong on this subject, what else could they be wrong on too, after all? It could change their entire perception of this country, who is in it, how they think and how it really should be run after all.

That is a lot of work.

Maybe they were just raised that way?

I know that with human beings, if it can be done it has been done and will be done. And that would include incredibly, abnormally lazy bums free from physical or especially mentally/emotionally defect who would actually choose to live in extreme discomfort and rely on handouts rather than care for themselves.

I believe that this would be a very rare human being, considering what the person would have to endure in the trade off. Lets say it's 1 or even 2 percent of the actual homeless population. What would that number be, compared to the population of the homeless and them compare the same number to the population of this entire country?

Why not just take the extremely slim chance that you had the bad luck to end up donating to the lazy by donating anyway. The odds favor you that you are actually helping someone in great need due to no fault of their own.

What the lazy bum chooses to do with his or her life does not reflect on your own personal choice of action (or inaction) when it comes to everyone's obligation to their non related brother - think of it as a win-win situation that will pay off for the most part.

Especially in that great hereafter.

o

Considerations such as "extreme discomfort" are relative. It's a lot less discomfortable to be homeless in a warm climate than a cold one, which is why the southern cities have more homeless - at least during the winter. It's a fact that there are large migrations of homeless from northern cities to southern ones seasonally. What's going on there? Complete lack of choice and control? I have extensive experience with mentally ill relatives, and while for certain mental illness is the number one factor for homelessness, it is also true that mental illness does not equal total inability to make choices.

Regardless, it's inarguable that the homeless do not pay any taxes other than the sales tax on alcohol and tobacco for those that indulge in those items. The welfare poor and working poor do not pay tax other than the aforementioned. The non-working wealthy pay a lot of tax but produce nothing, an attribute they share with the homeless and welfare poor. Inasmuch as it is in fact excess wealth that provides the wherewithal to government, the wealthy individuals are equal in value to society with the homeless.

o

They not only don't pay taxes but they get to seasonally travel at the nicest times of the year and relax while doing so in order to really see this great country that sucker's taxes have bought and paid for. Well, gosh darn it all, I never took that into consideration.

Maybe I'll become a homeless person after all! That's a lifestyle I can't complain about!

I can't believe I'm responding Organic. The only people worth a darn is people like you, who can afford to have a computer and manage to hook up to the internet but only if they have a J.O.B to pay for it themselves - everybody else that doesn't meet your personal standards are just a disgraceful waste of space who is using up all your fresh air?

o

Organic, can you defend your statement that it's a "fact" that homeless people migrate seasonally? It may be true that warmer parts of the country have more people in the streets than colder parts, but migrate seasonally? I find that a real stretch.

o

I am sorry to have provoked you into an ad hominem, mylab.

That was not my intent with this topic. Rather it is to point out that the two extremes - homeless people and very wealthy non-productive people, have something significant in common. Both through peculiar circumstances of societal forces have become non-productives. The big difference between them is that the homeless are utterly bare to public view - and it's disapprobation, while the wealthy are screened from view by money and sycophantic servility.

I rather admire a person who has had a hard time of life and has the stones to simply cast loose and live with the fact that almost everyone he will encounter will either despise or pity him or not see him at all. There is little to admire about inheriting wealth. And little to envy as well.

Further, in a desperate attempt to regain your affection, I will confess that I am myself a transgressor upon the commons. Just this spring I have cut down numerous trees that were shading various gardens, without concern for whether others would agree. I use roads, schools and libraries while avoiding taxes as much as possible. I am in fact not of great worth to society (arguably society, though not my family, would benefit slightly by my absence), as I try to get by on as little as possible while maximizing my lifestyle. I do not volunteer for works of public good, helping the 'at risk' for example, because I am uncomfortable around those outside my close circle, or simply don't care about volunteer issues. So I can't possibly feel superior knowing all that.

I am not worth a darn, but I do tread lightly.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 10 at 18:15

Many seen here appear to be hopeless alcoholics.

o
So Maybe

they should call it a Hopeless Tax.

o

I have yet to meet a person below the age of retirement who actually wants to work a part time job with no insurance benefits.

Due to the tough job market and employer preference for younger healthy workers, we receive hundreds of job applications and job inquiries from 40 something job seekers that would be happy with any job regardless of duration, hours, benefits or pay.

Due to the physical nature of the work, most of our typical part-time, temporary and full-time workers are teens, college students, 20 somethings and 30 somethings.

Since part-time and temporary jobs often turn into full-time jobs for qualified top performers, many also take part-time jobs in hopes of future full-time work.

Many part-time workers also work 1 or 2 other part-time jobs, or they have their own part-time side business, so they like flexible hours.

o

bboy, I would presume that it's hard to judge whether someone is an alcoholic via the internet. For instance, just by mere odds, I could assume you are a beer-drinker. And yet, you may be a teetotaler.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Tue, May 18, 10 at 9:43

I was talking about Seattle, not Garden Web.

o

"they should call it a Hopeless Tax."

No, not while the Obama administration is in office......not allowed.

I agree, in a perfect world, a 1% tax to address this issue is a small price to pay. Unfortunately history has shown that politicians raid the coffers for other issues.

We know the raiding/corruption always happens, which is why all taxpayers rich or poor, take issue with any new taxes, even if they're for a good cause.

I may be cynical, I live in Jersey.

o

Wed, May 19, 10 at 12:23

I think you're on to something, mylab... only yesterday my husband and myself were discussing how the logic and common sense factors seem to be on the decline in this country... right along with education... and in many cases, in spite of education.

It's a sad day when high school dropouts of the 80's are smarter and have more sense than the high school graduates of today. And I wouldn't say that without having spoken to and interacted with all too many of them. Even college graduates show a certain lack in critical thinking.

If only there could be a mandatory class on critical and logical thinking skills... Common Sense 101. Unfortunately, common sense isn't really something that can be taught in that manner... I think it's a combination of thinking skills tempered with experience.

For instance, common sense tells me that some homeless might actually be able to migrate with the weather... but it's more logical to think that, since they have no travel funds or options, they most likely obtain shelter in the way of the many churches and organizations that offer it for the winter months.

There are so many homeless people, just in a city like Chicago, for instance, that a country wide migration of homeless from north to south every fall would be a bit more noticeable, don't you think? It's much more likely that most get on lists for shelter, or make other arrangements for the colder months.

Most people don't WANT to be homeless... they've just given up hope and accepted that life isn't gonna get any getter. Trust me when I say that there aren't many people who actually enjoy eating out of dumpsters, washing up in gas station rest rooms, and not having the general comforts in life that most of us take for granted.

Once you become homeless... for whatever reason... climbing back up out of that level of poverty is extremely difficult. Without a permanent address, it's hard to obtain employment... and without employment, it's difficult to rent a residence. And the idea of having employers do credit checks before hiring doesn't help this. It all becomes a never-ending cycle of trying to get back to where you once were... and many times, it ends with lost hope and acceptance that this is the best it's ever gonna get.

Some homeless don't become drug abusers or alcoholics until AFTER they become homeless. They try for so long, and finally give up... hiding their predicaments in cheap booze or quick fixes.

The preconceived notion that homeless people are lazy or just want to get out of paying taxes are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. No one aspires to be homeless... no one chooses this as a life's path... this is something brought on by our society's inability to take care of itself... or rather, each other. It's a symptom... a continually growing symptom... of everything that's wrong with our society today.

I've seen plenty of homeless washing windshields or handing out brochures... just to earn enough for a decent meal and a bed for the night. Sure, there are those who will spend the pittance earned on cheap wine or heroin... but that's not how the homelessness of some began.

And then there are those who DID become homeless because of addictions... but I'd guess if we looked further back, we'd find some with difficulties that led to drug or alcohol abuses. And then are those discharged from the military, suffering with PTSD, something our military does not address properly.

And homelessness is only one of many issues there are ridiculous preconceived ideas attached to... that too many people believe! It's these believed notions that lead to stereotyping, racial profiling, and generally all of the prejudices society has.

If people would only stop and think things through for themselves... before blindly believing what they're told... well, it would be a start.

OMG... case in point... I was just asked to move a truck from in front of a garage so a love seat could be delivered and stored until the owner could figure out how to get it through the side door and down a long sidewalk, up some steps and through a kitchen, and finally to the living room. The lack of common sense comes in because we could just as easily walk the couch right in through the front door and plunk it directly where it needs to go without much hassle, at all. The front sidewalk is short and sweet, and it's a straight shot right through the front door to the living room.

Tell me, please... why don't people think???

o

Organic, my response to you was rude and unnecessary in it's wording, I'm sorry.

o

No apologies necessary, but thanks.

Though apparently my bringing up of this topic causes some to think I lack common sense, a re-reading of my words will likely correct the mis-apprehension. To refine, I think that quite definitely a small minority of people do choose to be homeless, in the sense that they could almost certainly rise out of that condition but do not find it so objectionable as to make the intense effort required. However, I agree the great majority have little choice in the matter.
Once a person is flat broke, without family or friends with money or a place to stay, and ultimately without a vehicle it's easy to imagine the rapid slide to a point where one cannot present sufficiently well to be employed. I have made enough road trips in ratty vehicles and seen how I am viewed as a lone stranger with seemingly no home and little money to easily imagine how the reality is.

I disagree greatly that many develop a drinking or drug habit afterwards - those two factors are critical causes not symptoms of chronic homelessness. It is illogical to think that any significant number become alcoholics or addicts after becoming homeless.

A sales tax to address homelessness is probably better than not, and while we are at it might as well increase the sales tax and pay off the national debt caused by wars of aggression.

o

Thu, May 20, 10 at 10:56

Well... I speak from experience, having actually been homeless.

It is not illogical to think that a person might develop addictions after losing hope. In fact, I know of several people who have ended up exactly this way... they didn't begin doing drugs until after they lost hope and fell in with the wrong crowd.

But I have yet to meet anyone homeless who wants it that way. Not one. Giving up hope and accepting homelessness is not the same thing as desiring it.

For every person there is a story... and seldom do all the stories read the same.

Our government should reign in spending, cut taxes to lower income earners, raise taxes to high income earners, and use the money saved to help society.

o

Every single time I read some judgemental replies aimed at the homeless in generally - all those which nobody here on this site even knows personally, I think about Jodik.

Where does everyone think she and her's fell, when it comes to why it is that homeless are chosing to remain homeless or just ended up that way, I wonder.

Please, don't anyone should reply because it would probably get really hurtful and ugly, but just please, think about it.

Nobody but NOBODY knows the details of circumstances which led this obviously bright and personally reponsible (to me, anyway) woman to being homeless for a period of time in her life. And I don't think we should be informed of the details - it's not any of our business.

So, to post why you think she became homeless would be based upon idle spectulation, and judgemental spectulation which would be posted from some - and that isn't the point.

Lets just have a specific personality of a homeless person in our head when we begin to discuss what should or should not be done to help by the government, the state and most especially the obligations from individuals to the homeless, offered freely (or not) on an individual basis.

I'm "using" you without permission or even prior notification Jodik - feel free to jump on me if you object.

o

Of the numerous homeless people I've known, (many of them former tenants, employees and customers) most made literally thousands of poor spending, saving, budgeting and investment decisions for most of their adult lives.

The lack of earning, saving, budgeting, spending, saving and investment discipline is also why many of our local poor residents will likely remain poor throughout their lives.

Since many of these residents have no savings, assets, investments or available credit, one single event such as job loss, reduced hours, reduced pay, vehicle repair cost, vehicle repossession, short term illness, minor injury etc can lead to foreclosure, eviction, tax seizure and homelessness.

Many of these residents also lack the education, knowledge, skills, experience and discipline to "work their way out of financial trouble".

When I was younger, I was homeless by choice. I lived in my construction trailer, camper, van, truck camper, boat, office, unfinished apartment units or basements of my rental properties to save and invest my money.

I was constantly being kicked out of parking areas, unfinished apartments, illegal apartments and even banned from living in campers and construction trailers on my city properties.

It was much tougher being homeless over a decade ago since we didn't have cell phones, notebooks, netbooks, high speed internet, wireless APs, WiFi hotspots, VOIP etc.

One of the greatest challenges I faced living in multiple temporary living situations was lack of communications necessary to do business.

When I had my Motorola analog bag phone, cellular coverage was terrible, plus my monthly and per minute rates were very high.

Work was also much harder to find since we didn't have as many jobs or self employment opportunities in the area.

o

Mark, if there is one thing I try to teach my kids it is how much easier it is to control one's spending than to control one's income.

For reasons that are incomprehensible to me, our society mostly promotes the opposite view, that one shouldn't worry about spending and focus instead on ways to earn ever more. It's about as silly and unrealistic as bringing democracy to tribalists. The single biggest predictor of one's economic fate in America - even after all these centuries away from hidebound Europe - is the economic status of one's parents. By an immense margin.

o

Sat, May 22, 10 at 8:35

It's ok, mylab... I jump on threads about welfare and homelessness all the time, because I've actually been there, so I don't have to speculate.

That's the problem, though... it's ALL speculation and stereotyping, always. It's easier to lump all homeless or everyone on welfare into one big group than it is to actually think of them as individual persons with hardships, and it's easier to think the worst and lay the blame at their feet, than to actually think that maybe it was the system or society that failed them in some way.

And yes, in some cases it IS that person's fault... but there are also plenty of homeless, plenty of unemployed, plenty of welfare recipients that landed in their individual predicaments through a set of circumstances they couldn't avoid or change.

Until some people actually experience really bad times for themselves, they will never grasp what it feels like, what it does to you, how difficult it is, how humiliating and hopeless it all seems... and they'll never realize how needed our social programs really are... and that we really need so much more.

I don't know what else to say, mylab... certain life altering circumstances can happen to anyone... no one is really exempt. There are no guarantees in life, no certainties... except that we're all going to die some day... all I can say is that I'll never turn my back on someone needing help, or look down my nose at anyone because of their circumstances. I've been at both ends of this particular stick, and I know how quickly good can turn bad. I'll always campaign for the little guy... because I know firsthand what it's like to BE that little guy.

o

I have yet to meet a person below the age of retirement who actually wants to work a part time job with no insurance benefits

You have met such a person on-line, tho.

I worked part-time for a couple of years, until 2 years ago, without health insurance - at my option.
I did not have to work, and just wanted something to do and make some spending money, too - but I knew my medical ins. need would be a detriment to a small business's health ins profile.
So, I offered to work without it, and stayed with my own insurance.
BTW - the salary I made more than paid for my very good, but expensive health ins, so it was a win/win.

o

I'm person #2. As a consultant, I get paid for 3-4 days work per week. No benefits. I'm just fine with that as well and will be even after I get to social security full retirement age....whether it's 66 and 2 months or 70...whenever/if ever it starts. I plan to keep working/volunteering/continuing with education after 70, if all goes well.

o

Tue, May 25, 10 at 12:35

Well, monica, I wasn't speaking of people who don't HAVE to work. In the circles I travel, no one has a large financial cushion already in place. We have to earn a living.

A part time job with no benefits is not enough to live on... not without drawing money from somewhere else.

o

Jodik...I guess you don't understand that many seniors work part-time to pay their Medicare expenses. That's why, although they have SS and maybe some savings for everyday use, Medicare comes along with a heavy monthly expense.

Unlike Medicaid, Medicare is lousy health ins - with it's 20% deductibles and premiums, costs real money - like at least $200/month, and if you carry prescription and supplemental ins, as much as $500/mo.

o

* Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 12:35

"Well, monica, I wasn't speaking of people who don't HAVE to work. In the circles I travel, no one has a large financial cushion already in place. We have to earn a living."

People who have retired from working for a salary and have that "financial cushion" have already earned a living.

I know a good many people that work part time--as Monica stated, for extra income and to stay busy and still give themselves some free time.

o

We have many full-time employees that want reduced hours, part-time hours, or layoffs during the summer regardless of the job market.

Many take off unpaid days while jeopardizing their employment to go cruising, boating, fishing, golfing, swimming, camping, hiking, or to go to the amusement parks, horse track, racino etc.

Many lower wage workers and part-time workers also qualify for benefits like subsidized public/private housing, food stamps, WIC, free/reduced school lunches, Medicaid, daycare, HEAP, Emergency HEAP, furnace/boiler maintenance/repair/replacement, home repairs, winterization/weatherization, cellular phones/minutes, transportation assistance etc.

Many lower wage and part-time workers also live with relatives, room-mates and/or perform cash jobs, cash services, plus have financial help from relatives.

Several of our office workers don't have to work, but they work since they enjoy it. They often volunteer to work unpaid hours, plus they're constantly buying snacks, beverages and lunches for other employees.

o

Wed, May 26, 10 at 7:45

Wow... I guess I didn't realize you were that much older than I...

o

I can't wait to hear your reaction when you get to be 65, and find that $200(will probably be closer to $300 by then)automatically deducted from your SS "check".
And you can't just refuse it and stay/go on Medicaid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here