Where do you stand on this scale?

Here is a link that might be useful: OAS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obama Admirer System

Guarded.

o

I don't think you can adequately or accurately describe his job and how he's handling it with so few choices... even though I know that's a scoreboard created for FaceBook. And then there is the totally bent propagandist media to consider... I think he's doing a fine job, considering what he was left to work with, and I'll leave it at that.

o

Yes, that scale was pretty skewed to making fun of Obama "zealots" since 2 of the 5 were so outrageous.

o

I am "guarded" I do admire some of the things Obama has done but really, really, dislike others (continuing Bush policy in Afghanistan, pandering to the banks are two that come to mind).

o

Like some abhor others will not vote again for him. Detest Romney & the party of red extremists.

o

High Admiration....

I can pretty much say where I stand on the Admire Scale without clicking on links. I have come to my conclusion on the job he has done with the obstructionist he is working with makes me admire him pretty high on the scale.

I have held enough jobs to recognize the outcome of a job is as good as the team you work with if it is a team effort.

If a person has never worked outside the home, had a job of responsibility etc. and had to work as a team will not understand. Some have the delusion that our Gov't is the President is a Dictator and he can wave a magic wand and everything he wants he gets those I am sure will never get how good a job he has done.

o

Not a great admirer; tepid in fact. Yet, I'll vote for him again given the alternative. And, I do mean alternative without the "s", because really it's only between Obama and Romney at this point. As disappointed as I am with some of Obama's policies (Afghanistan, drones, etc.) I do not, in any way want Romney to drag us back into the mess that we are just extricating ourselves from...

I believe in the "Nader effect", that so many people will vote for an outsider rather than the established party candidates that we'll be left with the worse case scenario.

As much as I didn't care for Gore, I preferred him over Bush. We may still have entered Afghanistan under a Gore presidency (assuming that his administration would have ignored all the 911 warnings as Bush's did), but it would have been unlikely that the waste of life and money that Iraq became would have happened.

And as much as my buddy's saying "two ends of the same dog" (or Bill's "twins of the same mother") might apply, there are obvious differences which will effect all of our lives.

That's why I'll hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils...

o

Oh, we're such binary thinkers. It's not just a case of Obama or Romney. There are other choices.

If, like me, you live in a state where it doesn't really matter and the outcome is a foregone conclusion, you might as well vote for a 3rd party candidate, assuming you really don't like either of the 2 major candidates. I will be voting for a 3rd party candidate.

On the other hand, if you live in a state that is more politically diverse -- in other words, more interesting -- and it will be a close competition, it's probably best to pick the major candidate that most closely represents your views.

o

Yes there are other choices, but none are going to win. If enough people feel the same way it will be 2000 all over again.

From the classic Simpson's Treehouse of Horror VII episode:

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
[audience gasps in terror]
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here