Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whack radio

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 10:19

"I want to shoot her right in the vagina and I don’t want her to die right away; I want her to feel the pain and I want to look her in the eyes and I want to say, on behalf of all Americans that you’ve killed, on behalf of the Navy SEALS, the families of Navy SEAL Team Six who were involved in the fake hunt down of this Obama, Obama bin Laden thing, that whole fake scenario, because these Navy SEALS know the truth, they killed them all. On behalf of all of those people, I’m supporting our troops by saying we need to try, convict, and shoot Hillary Clinton in the vagina."

Previously this host was a fan of multiple conspiracy theories including "President George H.W. Bush’s involvement in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy." Sandy Hook the usual brain gamer scenarios!~
Does this forum sport any of his listeners!

Here is a link that might be useful: on air crap shooter shooting crap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whack radio

No and I wouldn't continue to post about the AH and up his google rating.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, May 20, 13 at 11:11

The fact that hate radio exists says more about the listeners than the host ... is there a "left" equivalent on radio to "shooting a woman in the vagina"?

Disgusting .... and no I will not click on the hate link :(

o

The link is to a site that reports on the media, not to the hate jock's site.

The fact that hate radio exists says more about the listeners than the host...

The 'silver lining' is the following:

Right Wing radio host Pete Santilli made stunning comments on his internet-based radio show about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton...

Interesting baggage if he is to make the transition to the air waves.

o

I have a hate filled wingnut show here in my area which I click off every time it comes on after local news. You would not believe the hate that is spewed from the host's lips and the morons who call in. It's scary to think these people walk among us.

o

Meanwhile, ClearChannel, host of multiple right wing radio talk shows, targeted successfully for a leveraged buyout by Bain Capital, is still selling off assets and firing people to pay off the "investors".

"Consider Bain Capital’s Thomas Lee Partners’ $26 billion acquisition of Clear Channel Communications - home of Rush Limbaugh - and his $400 million, eight-year syndication deal inked in 2008. This takeover has turned a company that formerly earned net income of nearly $1 billion into a money-loser (almost $4.7 billion in cumulative losses), resulted in thousands of layoffs, extracted millions in fixed management fees, and recently resulted in a multi-billion special dividend for the two PE owners paid for by highly risky borrowing.

According to Clear Channel’s most recent quarterly statement, Bain Capital and Thomas Lee signed an MSA with Clear Channel through 2018 to “management and financial advisory services at a rate not greater than $15 million per year, plus reimbursable expenses.” For the first quarter of 2012, those fees totaled $4 million.

Clear Channel’s liabilities exceed the value of its assets by $7.8 billion. Simply put, Clear Channel has a negative net worth of nearly $8 billion. And that is thanks mostly to its $20.3 billion in debt - about $15 billion of which was taken on to Clear Channel’s balance sheet to finance its acquisition by Bain and Lee.

In 2007, the year before the takeover, Clear Channel’s net worth was $8.3 billion. But to complete the deal in July 2008, Bain and Lee loaded up Clear Channel with debt. Each of the two put up $450 million for the deal with investors injecting another $2.1 billion. They assumed $5 billion in debt and paid $18 billion - borrowing $15 billion more.

And The New York Times reports that each firm “earned about $43 million in so-called transaction fees for their roles as bankers in the deal. They passed on two-thirds of those fees to their investors.”

Of course, the cash to pay those fees has to come from somewhere. So Clear Channel decided to cut staff. As of December 2011, the New York Times reported that the company had canned 2,500 people. And rumors of more layoffs abounded in March 2012. snip

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Another disgusting human being making money by spewing hateful poison for other even more disgusting human beings, all who eagerly lap up every drop and then hold out their empty hate bowl, asking "More, please?"

There is always enough supply to fill the demand.

o

And this is why I don't listen to the radio... because my choices are christian fundie yackety smackety, hate radio, or country music.

No, thank you. Love my iPod.

o

I don't think I've heard a radio in at least 7 years

o

"Interesting baggage if he is to make the transition to the air waves."

??? He's already on the airwaves.

"I have a hate filled wingnut show here in my area which I click off every time it comes on after local news. You would not believe the hate that is spewed from the host's lips and the morons who call in."

"I click off every time it comes on" but not right away.. Unless those call-ins are really fast talkers. ;-)

The OP question: "Does this forum sport any of his listeners!"

i don't. And I'm glad to hear you don't either, Labrea. So you read about this guy, since you obviously didn't listen to him.

I am curious about who sponsors this junk.

o

I am curious about who sponsors this junk.

Well, if you are honestly curious then you can always look up the information yourself and get the answers you want.

o

??? He's already on the airwaves.

Internet-based, per the article. You won't find him with your car radio.

I even underlined the passage from the article.

But you missed information, again.

o

Elvis' second clue could be found in the sentence that she even cut and pasted. The key word is "if".

o

David, that's interesting about Bain and Clear Channel. Although it's devastating for the employees who lost their jobs, there is a silver lining. It means that, eventually, Bain will have sucked Clear Channel dry, causing it to go bankrupt, and, I hope, disappear, along with Rush. Another reason it is hurting, I believe, is that it has lost about 2,500 advertisers (I think that's the number I read just yesterday, but can't remember where) due to the Sandra Fluke fiasco ala Rushbo.

o

"Internet-based, per the article. You won't find him with your car radio.

I even underlined the passage from the article.

But you missed information, again."

I guess these statements made your underlining irrelevant. Either that, or the posts themselves are irrelevant:

"Does this forum sport any of his listeners!"

"The fact that hate radio exists..."

"Right Wing radio host..."

"I have a hate filled wingnut show here in my area which I click off every time it comes on after local news"

"...host of multiple right wing radio talk shows..."

"And this is why I don't listen to the radio... because my choices are christian fundie yackety smackety, hate radio, or country music.
No, thank you. Love my iPod."

"I don't think I've heard a radio in at least 7 years"

Careful, your very selective (moderate conservatives only), barely concealed hostility is showing.

o

Careful

You weren't careful; you're the only one who questioned how the hate jock's program is transmitted.

o

HUH!

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, May 20, 13 at 21:27

So other than frantically copying and pasting other's comments Elvie what do you think about the OP?

""I want to shoot her right in the vagina and I don’t want her to die right away"

No comment?

o

"•Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on Mon, May 20, 13 at 21:13

Careful
You weren't careful; you're the only one who questioned how the hate jock's program is transmitted."

No, i didn't.

-----------

"•Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on Mon, May 20, 13 at 21:27

So other than frantically copying and pasting other's comments Elvie what do you think about the OP?"

"Frantically?" Your word.

"...Elvie what do you think about the OP?"

I was surprised by the topic. It's a no-brainer, and frankly, a disappointment..

o

Grand(iose) evasion

o

Huh! is still an appropriate response.

I was surprised by the topic. It's a no-brainer, and frankly, a disappointment..

Then why bother to post on this thread at all. You could have easily passed it by.

Evasion indeed, but nothing grand(iose) about it.

o

"•Posted by epiphyticlvr 10 (My Page) on Mon, May 20, 13 at 22:31

Huh! is still an appropriate response.

Then why bother to post on this thread at all. You could have easily passed it by.

Evasion indeed, but nothing grand(iose) about it."

Where to start? Why makes you so sure Labrea's "huh" was directed negatively to my post?

I assume "why bother..." is rhetorical.

-----------

"•Posted by marshallz10 z9-10 CA (My Page) on Mon, May 20, 13 at 22:10

Grand(iose) evasion"

Thanks a lot, Marsh. Epi never would have thought of that without your help, and now I'm dealing with her second childhood-induced silliness. So you want me to tell the world what I think about the depraved statements of some wanna-be shock jock. Since I've wasted this much time, I'll tell you. Have you guessed yet? I don't like it.

o

Oh please stop already! I have no idea what your going on about but just kindly stop whatever it is!

o

So you want me to tell the world what I think about the depraved statements of some wanna-be shock jock

That's the purpose of this forum and the topic of this thread. .

If you don't like a topic you could/should simply close the thread and move on.

o

My personal opinion is this guy is incredibly sick. Just to utter words like shooting a woman in her vagina turned my stomach and I thought I had heard it all. Even in the prison with pedophiles, rapists and murderers they have more respect or are smart enough to not vocalize such disrespect.
On the web, probably won't affect many because they have to seek him out to hear the vitriol. I would not like to hear he actually found a spot on the public airwaves. Surely, no one would want to sponsor this piece of ....

o

No, i didn't.

So when you use question marks you dont mean to ask a question.

Got it!

o

A positive purpose that can be gained when a thread topic such as this one is started is that it gives everyone here an opportunity to participate in a unified position.

Nobody here can stomach this sort of person.

The same thing with the Westboro gang - liberals, conservatives and everyone in between were in agreement that the group, their message and the message delivery system was simply repulsive, with a distinct lacking of any presence of the God they claimed to honor in the unholy work the group does.

I had never heard of this guy.
He must not go unnoticed, Im glad that now I know of him and of just what it is he does.

o

That's what Elvis was put on earth to do.."frantically cut and paste " and criticize everyone else and not give her opinion.

I am loving Sirius radio that came with the new Prius that I signed up for a year. I listen to all rock and roll classics and liberal stations. No more Teabaggers and wingnuts rants.

o

cripes, I don't think we get this sort of stuff on UK radio. Mostly, it is aimless ads for someone's tanning parlour or insurance deals, but that is on the little locals. BBC networks allow us to listen to various music choices, a fair bit of news and waffling about books and so on, or sport. All very anodyne.

Even so, I can't bear too much of it because the various DJ's never......seem......to......stop.......talking............and it's generally tedious rubbish.

Have become fond of Lastfm on my PC.

o

Well now the Secret Service is interested which will make him a martyr.

"We are aware of Mr. Santilli’s comments and will take the appropriate follow up action," Secret Service spokesperson Edwin M. Donovan said today. "He certainly has a right to free speech, but the Secret Service has a right and an obligation to determine what a person’s intent is when making comments like this."
We used to have a poster here that considered the left to be dangerous in a potentially violent sort of way.
This endless pile of garbage continues to spew from the right & it's apologists.

This post was edited by labrea on Tue, May 21, 13 at 8:38

o

I doubt that any one sane would claim such an obvious nutcase. After scanning some of the sites that mention his name I didn't see anyone I recognize from the right giving him anything like praise for his obviously unstable hysteria. He is so far out of anything remotely supportive of either the left or right he is his own philosophy of weirdness and is embraced only by other wackos. Please don't try to foist this crazy onto the right. We have enough trouble with some who try to hide behind that label just as the left does with theirs.

o

He bears watching imo - because he does public speaking and has an audience of some size ( shockingly enough) for this public personality to make such a violent statement about anyone at all but certainly the former SOS, he bears very close watching. He could have influence on the things that read him!

Yeah, he does bear some watching after such violent hate based statements based on such shocking ignorance.

o

Mylab, I am not sure how large his audience really is. I looked at his twitter accounts (there are several and I don't know which of them are his or his followers) but they aren't that large cosidering. The largest had 1,000+, large enough but not very large for in the Twitter universe. The others only had a few at 20+, 50+, and 100+,. and some of them may even be the same people.

Sleepless, the fact is he is expanding and exaggerating what some r/w sites are reporting so whether you like it or not he is going to be associated with them and until they denounce his carp he will continue to be.

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Tue, May 21, 13 at 10:41

o

I would agree with Steve... the type of talk and the words used are beyond sickening. What sort of person could even visualize such a thing, then put it into words? And what sort of person would want to hear such things uttered?

It's lose-lose as far as I'm concerned.

I don't listen to that sort of drivel whether it comes from a car radio, the television, the internet... and I don't read hate in written form, regardless its source. The source is rather irrelevant, actually... it's the content and the person regurgitating such bile that I can't stomach.

It's probably a good thing to know it exists... to know that this sort of dangerous thought is out there, trying to rile up others into a frothy hatred...

What sort of mind comes up with such bilge water, anyway? And what sort of ears are open to it and agreeable? Those are the questions.

o

Campanula, only one more reason you should consider yourself lucky to be living in the UK, where you don't have to listen to such garbage spewed from one corner of our nation to the other....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here