Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grover Norquist

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 17:20

Sorry if someone has posted this before....but what do you think of Grover's presidential requirements?

The requirement for president?

Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.

This is not a very complimentary assessment of Romney's leadership. It's also not a very realistic political program: congressional Republicans have a disapproval rating of about 75%. If Americans get the idea that a vote for Romney is a vote for the Ryan plan, Romney is more or less doomed.

To date, sad to say, Romney has worked hard to confirm this image of weakness.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grover

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grover Norquist

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, May 2, 12 at 17:34

It's so inspiring to see that Grover Norquist's "Presidential Requirements" can so easily overrule those old outdated constitutional requirements. Welcome to the new and improved America and our corporate leader (who apparently will use President Romney as his sock puppet)...but who's using Norquist as their sock puppet?

o

I read the comments and feel that this one is particularly pertinent:

It is no secret that machiavellian ideologues like Norquist, Limbaugh, the Koch brothers, Murdoch, Ailes, Rove, Wm. Kristol and others control the Republican Party and make the decisions. Romney, Santorum, Paul, Gingrich are all front men for these fascist GOPcontrol freaks.

o

It's terrifying to me the control this man is successfully taking of the conservative politicians in the US.

Making them sign pledges to other than the United States....to state overtly that the President should be no more than a rubber stamp.

Romney signed that pledge...Romney is his choice to be his puppet. To me all the other issues pale in comparison to what this means in terms of America's traditional values.....

something has gone terribly wrong.

o

As Fox Newscaster Shep Smith said today after Newt & Mitt burried the hatchet.
"Politics is weird & scary"

o

Making them sign pledges to other than the United States....to state overtly that the President should be no more than a rubber stamp.

My thoughts exactly. Normal people would be in the streets protesting. Oh wait the 99% are doing just that. It is scary that so many can be fooled by just a few words to think this should happen in what is suppose to be for the people by the people.

o

If Democrats were doing this, the conservatives would be complaining all over the place about people signing pledges.

o

Grover Norquist is a tool. That's all I have to say on this subject.

o

apparently there is no response from any self proclaimed conservative on this forum or from any that claim to independent either but are going to vote for Romney.

Guess they would only comment if the Democrats where doing this kind of thing.

o

Guess they would only comment if the Democrats where doing this kind of thing.

They have not gotten their talking points for this yet.

o

Do any of you people actually think that any conservative would want to carry on a conversation with you after these juvenile, taunting and insulting posts?

o

Who would want to have one.

o

It's like they belong to some kind of secret society. The right wing in this country has gone so far that the country we know will never be the same. I know PA is going down the toilet quickly...education, the environment, health care, funding for the disabled, ALL because we have a freak of a right wing Governor in power. You know the one..."just close your eyes Corbett".

This is the most important election in our lifetime. We need to vote these T- baggers out of office if they're running and take back the House.

o

I never really found a conservative on this forum! I read we all call the generic conservatives but the term is meaningless without content or context.
A Brand Name for everything the right will permit. Thats merely license in the long run or short post.
As I pointed out before self evaluation is tricky at best "I" as a defefined quantity or qulaity is often lacking when put to the test of what that means.
As Paul Krugman pointed out many people call themselves fiscal conservatives (I'm not an economist he is & he says it's horsepucky to swath themselves in such a cloack of error)
I like conservopedia I've been using it lately to describe that collection of unique posters (they are all different) who seem to huddle in the shadows of a misnomer.
Since none of tjhem ever bothered to respond to Krugmans assertions I'll never know to my own satiosfaction if I believe (and & the) to be so in any of their posts.
It's a personal observation, assumption & hardly a taunt or tease I'll leave that to the fly fishers & sticky thread crocheters of the forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here