Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another baptist whack job

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 18:52

In a sermon blasting President Obama for his same-sex marriage support, Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina, offered a novel and horrific solution to the so-called gay scourge: build an electric fence and let "lesbians, queers and homosexuals".
"I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers," he says in his sermon, delivered on May 13. "Build a great, big, large fence 150 or 100 mile long put all the lesbians in there... Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out And you know what, in a few years, they'll die." Worley fails to understand that gay people are born, not made, and that there would just be more LGBT folk coming down the line.

He also that if he's asked who he'll vote for, he'll reply, "I'm not going to vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover."

The not-so-holy man concludes, "God have mercy. It makes me pukin' sick to think about I don't even whether or not to say this in the pulpit can you imagine kissing some man?"

Throughout the sermon, many of his congregants can be heard calling out "Amen."

Watch Worley's wretch-worthy remark

OHH Mary get a grip!

Gee those folks got there money worth in that weeks basket pass.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video You Tube

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another baptist whack job

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, May 21, 12 at 18:56

...and the congregation screamed AMEN !

Jesus is so proud.

o

Worley is a very sick and demented man.

o

S-I-C-K-O, for sure.

o

He has friends in other churches.

It's fair to give equal time to black pastors.

In an interview with The Christian Post, Bishop Harry Jackson, Jr., who is the senior pastor of Hope Christian Church in Baltimore, Md., said "Obama laid down the gauntlet on black leaders." He continued, explaining, "The question we are being forced to address is �are you going to be black or be godly.�"

"The black community is in an adulterous relationship with President Obama," Jackson said. "He is asking us to stray from the most basic tenets of Scripture � that marriage is an institution made by God for man and woman to become one and procreate. He�s telling us it�s fine to hold onto our beliefs but that it�s also okay to accept his stance on a position that goes against that core belief."

On Thursday, a group of black ministers calling themselves the Coalition of African-American Pastors are holding a press conference in Memphis, Tenn., to call on Obama to denounce his position on same-sex marriage.

Rev. Bill Owen, who is a part of the coalition, said, ”We will be spending the next weeks and months visiting black churches, asking for support from pastors and their flocks to speak up against the media-generated view that gay marriage is a civil right.”

“I don’t know if it will be a ‘make-or-break’ issue or not,” said Owens. “But this is not good for President Obama.”

Here is a link that might be useful: Equal Time

o

Mon, May 21, 12 at 19:31

"Build a great, big, large fence 150 or 100 mile long put all the lesbians in there... Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out And you know what, in a few years, they'll die."

....that (for me) is the difference in what Worley preached and what the black pastor is saying in your link Brush. We can disagree with a political position without calling for the death of people.

I do not agree with either of them, but calling for anyone's death is (for me) a greater sin.

Jesus taught a four letter word, and it was NOT hate.

o

Mom,

The first one is a loudmouth and the second one is on a mission.

Either way, both are calling for denying civil rights to another human being.

I'm going to point to all of them.

o

Mon, May 21, 12 at 20:23

No the first one is calling for the DEATH of other human beings, not the same thing at all.

It is one thing to believe in what ever holy book you read, it is another to take those words and use them to kill others, I thought you of all people would realize that.

o

Mom,

I'm not defending the first, or second, and many more to come.

I'm almost afraid to pray for them.

o

well so many used to get upset with poor rev Phelps of Westboro who I have said all along is reall no different from these other yahoos African America, Asian America, Hispanic America what matters they are united in their preaching & they have every right to preach as the see fit. We have freedom of religion in this country I will support their right to their particular bent, tax free & all.
Free speech! They are some of your communities religious leaders and no matter how nice they dress up or how base they get like this the message is the same!

If it makes Brush any happier my least favorite BLACK pastor in the US has the unfortunate last name WOODEN.

"North Carolina Pastor Patrick Wooden, a prominent pastor who Right Wing Watch notes is "no fringe figure" and as a driving force behind passing an amendment to the North Carolina Constitution banning marriage for gays and lesbians via the ballot this spring, defended many of controversial remarks he's been making in recent weeks about gay male sexual activity. He gave a very graphic interview most of which I'll leave out accept fro the most ludicrous.
I'll spare you his ringing cellphone lie.

They all have the right of free speech they really do & to practice their hate rights anyway they chose. I just object to the floaters tax free status.

o

These church types seem to be breeding like rabbits and coming out from the woodwork all over the USA. I also strongly object to their tax free status. They are advocating hatred, pure and simple.

o

If a preacher is advocating the death of a certain group of people, is that against the law?

If this pastor were calling for blacks to be rounded up, thrown into camps with electrified fences and starved to death, wouldn't he be charged with incitement to violence or anything like that? I mean, this isn't JUST free speech. This is actively inciting your followers to commit violence against others.

o

Tue, May 22, 12 at 10:09

That is what I was saying HG ... what this wackadoodle is saying is a far cry from what the black pastor/s say/said.

...and yet the congregation cheered and screamed AMEN !!

o
wording

That is what I was saying HG ... what this wackadoodle is saying is a far cry from what the black pastor/s say/said.

Actually, I agree with Brush that both are just as bad in trying to segregate and deny a segment of the population their rights.

It's just that one side is savvy enough to word himself in such a manner that it does not venture into incitement of violence. The other may have, and his slip up might open a door to charges.

That is... IF there are laws against advocating violence to others.

o

Tue, May 22, 12 at 10:35

Nothing will be said or done about his speach/preaching.

o

Nothing will be said or done about his speach/preaching.

Ahh... the right to free speech.

I remember in school, our social studies classes, and all the time we spent learning the concept that Rights and Responsibilities go hand in hand.

I think the notion of Rights without Responsibilities is a recipe for disaster.

o

Rev. Tom Croft, Pastor Morning Star Family Church
Rev. Jerry Fitch, Pastor Destiny Church
Rev. Clarence Jarrell, Pastor Harvest Time Church of God
Rev. Steve Dubose, Pastor Lane Ave Church of God
Rev. Andrew Shiltz, Garden City Church of God
Rev. Ken Gemeinhart, Englewood Christian Church
Rev. Eric Osborn, Lighthouse Assembly of God
Rev Marc Swarthout, Shilo Missionary Baptist Church
Rev. Jarry Moore, associate minister, Marietta Church of God
Rev. Pastor James Tomlinson, Sharon Baptist Church, small business owner
Patty Jones, Music Minister, Crown Point Baptist Church, small business owner

This crew wants Jacksonville Forida to repent

Dr. Raymond Johnson, Founder & President of Biblical Concepts Ministries announced He is leading an effort to organize a group of pastors in the fight against city council bill #296 "Anti Discrimination Bill" adding the words "sexual orientation, gender identity or expression" to current discrimination laws. Dr. Johnson and BCM volunteers is communicating with hundreds of pastors and has mailed a letter and a printed copy of the bill to over 300 pastors in Jacksonville this week. "I will do everything I can to educate and activate pastors and congregations to contact council members and attend meetings to help defeat this bill." Dr. Johnson Said.

I like to know who my enemies are rather than the lip service liberals & well meaning fatheads whose religion should not be interfering with my life.

Ham when they do it in that little building with the pews it's his defense against the death instict (also known as salvation or religion) the people who gather in those pews are exercising the free right of religious expression & worship.
When they do it on TV I can change the channel when they insist on making it law in any way shape or form I want their tax status ripped away.

o

I agree with you, Joe... when their religious notions cross over into legislation, or being involved in it in any way, they should not be exempt from taxes.

This whole scenario is just another reason why I think organized religions are becoming more and more dangerous, and many ARE the evil in this world.

o

Labrea's post: "Throughout the sermon, many of his congregants can be heard calling out "Amen." "

OM: "...and the congregation screamed AMEN !"
...and yet the congregation cheered and screamed AMEN !!
OM: You're doing it again. All riled up. Take a look; "many..calling out "amen". No screaming.

You make me nervous. :0000000

o

Tue, May 22, 12 at 13:01

...you don't get out much do ya ?

Okay ... how is this.

We all scream for ice cream, does that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

(^_^)

... I have been in a baptist service and heard lots of screaming, never heard a single soul "scream for ice cream".

Amen ... amen, amen amen

o

No the first one is calling for the DEATH of other human beings, not the same thing at all.

Have other pastors denounced this hate-filled clown?

o

Religious people? I think not.
They're con men/ snake oil salesmen.
What is sad is that so many people are taken in by them.
I'd like to see tax free status yanked, but we know that will never happen.

o

I'm beginning to wonder what the difference between an organized religion and a corporation is these days... aside from a few laws...

o

No screaming?
Gee thats a point worth noting.... they were shouting ayn yellin ayn calling out but not screaming....... AMEN.
I wonder did anyone shudder, struck by the spirit & whisper it....see that right there would be a dramatic shot, the one person falling to their ka neees and whisperin nit. MNN the right actress & the right lighting ....you probably could get that on YEW TUBE.
( Yah know Elvis when I think of it it really does shed a different light on things.
Conjured up in my mind the lack of screaming makes me wanna weep for those poor misbegotten no necked mawnsters (forgive me Tennessee W)

CAEN'T wait till we elect the pasta in Chief fer the RED staaaaay tes!

o

I know this is the age of everything on YouTube all the time, but the new Sunday pasttime must be holding a cellphone in the air to catch these idiots. Wonder how many Sundays (or days) one has to attend to hit pay dirt.

We were always taught the heart has an infinite capacity to love; appears an infinite capacity to hate is there too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here