Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rep. M Bachmann is now a Swiss citizen

Posted by marshallz10 z9-10 CA (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 22:35

Wow! we almost might have a possible foreigner citizen running for Prez of these United States.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swiss citizens -- the whole Bachmann family

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rep. M Bachmann is now a Swiss citizen

Oops, sorry David, I hadn't checked any new threads for possible earlier expose of this scandalous renaging of US sanctity.

o

Shes always had the secret urge to be called Coco

o

Sometimes it's done out of necessity.

Now, I don't know how accurate this information was, but I have a dear friend who is English and married an American service man. Her mother made her promise to become an American citizen so that if they ever divorced while living in the U.S, he would not have more rights to keep the children they might (and did) eventually have than she would have as a non citizen.

I loved them both dearly but oh - such an contentious marriage! If he said left, she insisted right. If she said up, he insisted down. Pick, pick, pick!

She did become an American citizen for those reasons, they never did divorce, they eventually just quit quibbling and settled into liking each other as much as loving each other.

I was very glad to see it, but it took 15 years to accomplish, my own DH swore that they just used up all the contentiousness between them and all they had left was smiles!

I figured that was as good an explaination as any I could come up with, except for maybe they finally just grew up after child number two, and decided it was more fun to be happy than angry all the time. I really like them both, individually and now as a couple.

We have kept in steady touch almost every month for 25 years.

o

Marshall, I'm here wringing my hankie as well, pacing the floor, still sniffling back the tears, still not over the initial shock.

How could she? Is it those brown cows? How the hubby looks in Leiderhosen?

o

There, there, David. Do get a grip on your tear-soaked sense of proportion. Surely Ms Rep Rep has every right to position herself against claims of illegal status no matter where she goes. Moverover, as Swiss citizens, her family is protected by Swiss laws from revealing potentially embarrassing financial affairs.

o

My Brother has dual citizenship & he exercised it full last years by retiring in Ireland. His 2 sons have dual citizenship I wouldn't take it out I would just feel funny.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, May 10, 12 at 23:10

Very strange, very strange indeed.

I wonder how this will play out with her constituents.

o

Not well, it seems. She has again changed her mind and declared herself a citizen of the United States of America, not the united cantons of Switzerland.

o

I demand an ex-po-say!

o

Well... between Michelle and Sarah, they've pretty much mucked up the world view of American females, eh? Gawd, I hope the world doesn't think they represent the majority...

I'm going for Marshallz's simple explanation... why, it's to hide the embarrassingly large amount of cash stashed, my dear... so the contribution to US revenue is considerably lighter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here